Man Who Ditches 9 Children Under Safe Haven Law Is Going to Be A father Again!

:puke: sorry I can't think of anything else to say that wouldn't get me a big ol' time out.

Shameful. I'm thinking if you can't raise the nine you gave up, you then give up the right to have more. Wanna bet, the twins will end up in care as well.

I'm not so sure that those first nine children aren't better off without dad raising them. It sounds like they have family that can and wants to take care of them.

You know, I live here in Omaha. When I saw this on the local news I couldn't believe it. He said in an email to the paper, he wasn't going to be raising this one alone (our article didn't state she was having twins). I wonder if his girlfriend worries that if/when things get tough, he'll bail on her kids too.

Sounds like a candidate for mandatory sterilization to me.

I'm sure he thought that picture made him look s-e-x-y....

I'm shocked at this news. I felt badly for him when he felt he had to drop the kids off. I am glad that the kids, for the most part, are with family now, but what kind of a message is this dad giving them? While I try to understand that "this time he won't be alone", the kids he had were a variety of ages and could have certainly helped him along in keeping themselves together. Instead it's somehow "better" for him to drop the first kids off and go impregnate another woman? :banghead:

"Do you think I'm going to raise this one alone?"
What the heck does that mean? Is he asking if the same thing is going to happen to him (losing his wife after childbirth), or what?

And who is RebelJane? I read this article over several times, and while I am admittedly tired, I couldn't understand parts of it.

"Do you think I'm going to raise this one alone?"
What the heck does that mean? Is he asking if the same thing is going to happen to him (losing his wife after childbirth), or what?

And who is RebelJane? I read this article over several times, and while I am admittedly tired, I couldn't understand parts of it.

RebelJane is the mother of the nine children who died during giving birth to the ninth child. This dad didn't even talk to RebelJane's family when he decided to give the children away to see if any of them wanted to take the kids or help out in any way. They weren't aware of what he did until after the fact. A relative of RebelJane's said that the dad always kept things inside instead of talking to the family about the problems he was having.

This guy was getting help from DSHS and with nine kids he must have been getting quite a large check plus food stamps and medical. Some of the kids were old enough to help out with the younger kids and with housework, etc. It looks like he just couldn't cope with raising nine kids alone...with all of the responsibility. It sounds like the family went to bat to get the kids once they knew they were in the care of CPS. An aunt of RebelJanes has seven of the kids...all of the younger ones...and plans to adopt them. Bless her heart..and the two oldest boys...kids...are living with an older person in their home town so that they can finish school there. I'm glad that people have reached out to these kids. The kids sound happy according to RebelJane's father so it sounds like things worked out for the best. It is said that they understand their dad's position. Also is said that he visits the kids...they know about the pregnancy and he has shown them the ultrasound of the latest unborn baby.
Rub it in their faces dad!!!!!

He says he'll raise this baby or these babies...which ever it is...because he won't be raising it/them alone. What a man :mad:

Interesting that the family is not all that upset. Someone from RebelJane's side said something about, "at least he's not hurting the children." Were there abuse issues before?

Sounds like a winner. 11 kids, 9 of them abandoned.

What a man :mad:

Technical term, isn't it.

The details found in this article are truly heartbreaking. He told the kids he was taking them to grief counseling when he abandoned them. There is no shame in losing a job but it is a coward that just dumps his kids without telling them the truth of their situation.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090628/NEWS01/706289890

“If I had a thousand dollars,” he said, “I'd get fixed.”

If the state of Nebraska was smart, they would donate him a vasectomy. I wonder how much he thinks it will cost to raise the twins? More than a thousand bucks. Undoubtedly, he will be back on the public dime. It is his right to have them and the state's responsibility to pay for them.

Since the Staton children were young, the family has received $995,468 in different forms of government aid, including more than $600,000 in food stamps and $109,774 in Medicaid, according to Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services records.

Bless the aunt and the older woman that took these chidlren in -- the father does not deserve them.

I've gotten waaay cynical. This guy dumped his children. Dumped them. Never looked back to have his family be a family with him again. What? His visits make it all a-okay on whatever weekend works for him??? Sorry, doesn't work for me. He is lower than low to abandon his children. There was a time, when this story first came out, that I truly felt sorry for him. I thought he was a widower overwhelmed by the number of children he had to provide for after his wife's death. Not so much now.

"If I had a thousand dollars, I'd get fixed". What the hell is this suppose to mean??? 9 children prior to the newest to be twins and your only figuring out now sex can bring children into this world??? Seriously???

Blessings, from my heart in total gratitude, to the family that has taken these children in and have provided/loved them completely.

Hearing that line about a thousand dollars... umm excuse me but it does not cost that much for a male to get snipped, it can be done in a Dr's office. I'm wondering if he thought some people would send in donations for it? Also, him getting fixed is not the only answer if you don't want children, has he ever heard of abstinence, birth control for the woman or a condom?

VB

Hearing that line about a thousand dollars... umm excuse me but it does not cost that much for a male to get snipped, it can be done in a Dr's office. I'm wondering if he thought some people would send in donations for it? Also, him getting fixed is not the only answer if you don't want children, has he ever heard of abstinence, birth control for the woman or a condom?

VB

The old folks at home say a stove pipe and an elastic band also works. I have an elastic band right here for him, free of charge.

I remember when the mother died. I happened to have a relative of the family in my class and she missed a lot of school due to her mother caring for all of these kids. I am fuming that this man is so irresponsible. And from what I know of the extended family, they would have helped if asked. Such a sad situation.

The Aunt raising seven of these kids is awesome. I really feel for her, it can't be eay, and hope that the state is giving her some type of kinder care payments or something similar to what a foster parent would get, but I highly doubt that she's getting that much.

Wouldn't the addition of seven kids to your household make you eligible for welfare or something? I would think that even once she adopts the children she'll be able to get some type of assistance. Or at least I hope so.

The Aunt raising seven of these kids is awesome. I really feel for her, it can't be eay, and hope that the state is giving her some type of kinder care payments or something similar to what a foster parent would get, but I highly doubt that she's getting that much.

I also applaud the other people who took in the older two so they could finish high school. (I think I read that correctly?)

I've gotten waaay cynical. This guy dumped his children. Dumped them. Never looked back to have his family be a family with him again. What? His visits make it all a-okay on whatever weekend works for him??? Sorry, doesn't work for me. He is lower than low to abandon his children. There was a time, when this story first came out, that I truly felt sorry for him. I thought he was a widower overwhelmed by the number of children he had to provide for after his wife's death. Not so much now.

"If I had a thousand dollars, I'd get fixed". What the hell is this suppose to mean??? 9 children prior to the newest to be twins and your only figuring out now sex can bring children into this world??? Seriously???

Blessings, from my heart in total gratitude, to the family that has taken these children in and have provided/loved them completely.

I don't think you're too cynical.

The line about getting "fixed" irks me. Maybe he could have abstained from having sex and figured out a way to take care of his 9 kids?

He's a real gem. :bang:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest