TX TX - Julie Fuller, 11, Arlington, 27 June 1983

lakes

Reaction score
Website
www.worldofview.co.uk
First of all i would like to a big hello to you all.

Julie Fuller was a schoold friend of mine back in 1983, she only loved just down the road, she left my area to go and live in the U.S.A, it was very sad to see he leave and our class missed her a lot. but we was not to know what was going to happen 3 weeks later.

on the June 27th 1983 Julie was found murdered in a dump ground in Arlington Fort Worth U.S.A.

HERE ARE SOME LINKS

http://www.fullerdata.com//FullerHouse/Julie/News4.jpg

http://www.fullerdata.com//FullerHouse/Julie/News5.jpg
http://www.fullerdata.com//FullerHouse/Julie/News0.jpg

I feel that she has been forgot, the crime remains unsolved

Julie0.jpg

How sad!! They come here in pursuit of the "American Dream" and face a nightmare.

My guess is that the perp was someone living right there in the hotel with them. probably had seen Julie, watched her, and saw his chance this one time. Considering it sounded as though she didn't have a long trip to the dumpster, i don't think it was a matter of someone just happening to find her.

I don't want to make this gruesome and i didn't read all the info at the links, but was there evidence she had been raped?

Gosh how heartbreaking that this would happen at the start of the families new life. Did the family remain in the US afterwards?

Oh how terrible. I live in Europe now and I see how people from other countries could come to the US and think that their children can have the same freedoms as they have overseas. Well the truth is, they can't! I love the states and I look forward to the day that I can come home again but for now I am really relaxed and happy about my kids being able to be kids,ride bikes,take the local bus by theirself,take the train..etc etc...In Texas my kids were not allowed to leave my front or back yard. I understand crimes happen everywhere even here. But sorry to say but it is different.

Her brother now lives in Midlothian, Virginia, USA,, I have spoken to him not long ago.The mum and dad come home.

As a child when something like this happens to a friend you are not sure how to take it, at first it was shock then we had the tv news at our school.

I think she was raped.

A few years later a paper here in the UK said that someone had been found that had done this crime and that was the last we heard of it, It was only last year that i looked into it and found that it was still a cold case.

This is the saddest story. Her parents had just moved to Texas from England a few weeks earlier. She disappeared one day after taking the trash to the dumpster of the motel they were staying at. She was found naked, raped and strangled by the Trinity River in Fort Worth. Her murder was never solved. The American dream had turned into a nightmare. Her family moved back to England. Here is the address to a page about her with pictures of her and her family and news clippings about the murder. I dont understand why the Fort Worth PD hasnt done DNA testing. She is listed as a cold case on the FWPD website.

fullerdata.com

and click on julie fuller

From what I have found on this case, the police developed no leads whatsoever. The father, Colin, was an electrical engineer who worked under contract to an electronics firm in Grand Prarie TX. One of the truly sad aspects of this case is that this was not a place at which one would expect this family to be staying....Apparently, having only recently moved his family to TX from England and in the process of finding a home, Colin was staying here simply because he didnt know where else to stay. During the investigation of Julie's murder, LE found the remains of a meth lab in a nearby apartment. No connection could be discovered to Julie's murder however. One of the officers working the case stated, "I wouldnt turn my back out there at night".
The family were, that evening, going to sign papers on a new home.

This is truly a case of "if only...."

Here is the link. It is very scary because of how random and quickly it happened. Poor Julie. It sounds like she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If she was raped did LE take a semen sample? If they still have the rape kit I wonder if they have ran it through CODIS.

http://www.fullerdata.com/

Here is the cold case website from the Fort Worth Police Dept with Julie's case listed about halfway down the page:

http://www.fortworthpd.com/coldcase.htm

Hoppy

It seems alot of cases of females being strangled. Wonder if it could be a serial killer. In the 1980's cases there were 3 types of killing- strangle, blunt force and gunshot. There are some that were found in their apt.

The fact it was Arlington reminded me of the Amber Hagerman case. If they have DNA, could they link the murders?

The fact it was Arlington reminded me of the Amber Hagerman case. If they have DNA, could they link the murders?

I would bank on there being a link, their abduction locations are ~2 1/4 miles apart, could be coincidence but you know the old saying about that.

The Julie Fuller('83) and Amber Hagerman ('96) Murders were 13 years apart, but most importantly DNA testing wasn't available until at least 1985 and most municipalities were not able to test for many years afterwards. When I began my LE career in 1994 DNA testing was rare and extremely expensive even for a Big City Police Department. In the 1980's there were many unsolved strangulation murders of young women in the Dallas/ Fort Worth and surrounding area. Unfortunately this was before the internet and the only communication between Police departments regarding cases was by telephone and that was limited because of case load on the detectives.

Not in the DNA database-I wonder if the killer died shortly after this crime. Being near a motel, he could have been from almost anywhere but he could have been a motel worker as well.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ves-examine-35-year-old-cold-case-dna-imaging
Feb 9 2018
No sign of her killer was ever found, although police acquired some DNA evidence that didn't produce a match.
But through technology known as DNA phenotyping, detectives have pieced together three composite figures of what Julie's killer may look like -- at the ages of 25, 45 and 65.
What emerges is a man of Northern European descent with fair to very fair skin, sandy blond to light brown hair, hazel eyes and a normal body mass index. As the composite ages, the skin weathers and the hair gets shorter and somewhat lighter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1518034599-45yearoldComposite.JPG
    1518034599-45yearoldComposite.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 1518034616-65yearoldComposite.JPG
    1518034616-65yearoldComposite.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 222

Members online

Online statistics

Members online