Identified! TX - Colorado Co, WhtFem 27-43, UP4564, pink chiffon blouse, gray flannel pants, sandal, Jan'76 - Isolde Deirdre Yockey

Seifsister

Reaction score
http://www.nampn.org/cases/davis_linda.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 7, 1976 from Claremore, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 17, 1946
Height: 5'6" to 5'7"
Weight: 150 - 175 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown wavy hair, had
given birth to three children
Medical Conditions: Had a hysterectomy
Clothing: Black or dark grey dress paints, blouse believed
to be pink. One brown shoe because other was found near
crime scene
Jewelry: Unknown
Dental: Available
Fingerprints: Not available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
Linda was working at Orbits Lounge in Claremore, Oklahoma. When the business closed for the day she took receipts to the owners house. She told the owner that she thought someone was following her but she thought she had lost them.

Linda was spotted later that evening in Claremore. Her car was found abandoned 10 days later in Oklahoma City. The police found her coat in the trunk with 20 stab marks in it, her shoe was found a few days later in a bush. Linda's body was never found.

The person thought to be responsible for Linda's disappearance is serving time in prison for murdering two other women under similiar circumstances. He is up for parole in November 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4564

Individual Case Report
Unidentified Person
identifyus.org – namus.gov
ME/C Contact Information
Name: NamUs Staff
Agency: NamUs Staff
Phone Number: 231.796.2822
E-mail Address: research@orainc.com

Case Information
NamUs-UP #: 4564
Case Number: 2003-1880
NCIC Number: U160004479
Date Found: 1976-07-19 00:00:00
Date Entered: 2008-10-15 00:00:00
Date Modified: 2009-02-04 16:58:00
GPS Found: N/A
Address Found: TX
Colorado County

Demographics and Circumstances
Estimated Age: Adult
Minimum Age: 27 years
Maximum Age: 43 years
Race: White
Ethnicity: N/A
Sex: Female
Weight (lbs.): 0, Estimated
Height (inch): 105, Estimated
Condition: Partial Skeleton
Probable Year of Death: 1976
Est. Postmortem Interval: N/A N/A
DNA Profile Status: N/A
Circumstances of Death: N/A

Body Details
No Details Available
Body Parts Inventory: All Parts Recovered

Fingerprint Classification
RT NA NA NA NA NA
LT NA NA NA NA NA
Fingerprint Comments
N/A

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
Clothing On Body: GRY FLANNEL PANTS-PINK CHIFF0N BL0USE-SZ 13 SHIRT W/SEARS JR BAZAAR LABEL-BRA-PANTIES Footwear: 1 LACE-UP SANDAL
Head Hair: Brown Eye Color: Unknown

Dental
Dental Summary:
Upper
Right 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Upper
Left

Lower
Right Lower
Left
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

Dental Comments: 10 EITHER VERY SMALL 0R SLIGHTLY R0TATED

Photos
There are currently no photos available for this case.

Seifsister, was the rule out by dentals or dna? In an earlier post you indicated they could not rule out via dentals. Was this a typo that should have read by dna or where they later able to re-examine dentals for the rule out?

tia

Linda Davis has been ruled out.

Now I have my eyes on Phyllis Berry. The age is a bit off. The reason I'm interested is that Phyllis was at a chili cook off. She might have become intoxicated because I know there's a lot of beer tasting at those events. She jumped on the back of a motorcycle. I can see from the map that they might have hopped on the 10. After the beer was wearing off, she might have insisted on going home and perhaps she was "taken advantage of" during the trip. The perp ended up leaving her where she was found, which is also off the 10 freeway.

Just something to think about as a possible scenario.

Here's a link to Phyllis's thread on WS: TX TX - Phyllis Eleanor Berry, 21, Terlingua, 1 Nov 1975 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And the map:
Colorado, TX to Terlingua, TX - Google Maps

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP4564
Female, White / Caucasian

Date Body Found: July 19, 1976
Location Found: Colorado County, Texas
ME/C Case Number: PA76-0075

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years): 27-43
Estimated Year of Death: 1976
Estimated Height: 5' 2" (62 inches)
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Brown, 4-5 inches long
Eye Color: Unknown

Circumstances of Recovery: Gray flannel pants, pink chiffon blouse; size 13 shirt with "Sears Jr. Bazaar" label; bra [and] panties. 1 lace-up sandal

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Clothing and Accessories
Gray flannel pants, pink chiffon blouse; size 13 shirt with "Sears Jr. Bazaar" label; bra and panties, 1 lace-up sandal

1 Missing Person Exclusion:
MP1733 Linda Davis 01/07/1976 Rogers OK

Last edited:
Refreshing the thread...

Still no new exclusions. Texas DPS case file has a slightly different description of her clothing and also mentions jewelry.

Texas DPS link - Case Number U0309002

Description:
The decedent was found with a pink hospital type gown or chiffon blouse, grey flannel pants with "Neiman Marcus" label, size 13 shirt with "Sears JR Bazaar" label, pantyhose, a white bra, and size 36 panties. The victim was also wearing a ring, necklace, and gold bracelet.

Neiman Marcus is a "luxury" department store brand started in Dallas. They were pretty well established by 1976, so the were everywhere really. It was on the pricer side though, so maybe this lady was middle or upper classed.

Still no new exclusions. Texas DPS case file has a slightly different description of her clothing and also mentions jewelry.

Texas DPS link - Case Number U0309002

Description:
The decedent was found with a pink hospital type gown or chiffon blouse, grey flannel pants with "Neiman Marcus" label, size 13 shirt with "Sears JR Bazaar" label, pantyhose, a white bra, and size 36 panties. The victim was also wearing a ring, necklace, and gold bracelet.

Neiman Marcus is a "luxury" department store brand started in Dallas. They were pretty well established by 1976, so the were everywhere really. It was on the pricer side though, so maybe this lady was middle or upper classed.
Thanks for this….but yeah,
Wonder why they can’t decide if the article of clothing found was a pink hospital type gown, or a pink chiffon blouse?!
I’ve seen pink hospital gowns, but never one made of anything remotely resembling chiffon….just curious :oops:

22 July 1976, The Weimar Republic, pg 1
1677656935401.png

"found off the Shell road, south of Hwa 90A, in the vicinity of Sandy Creek Drive-in Grocery." I'm not sure exactly where the body was found but it should be around this area.

"the body was laying 45 yards from a creek bank. The officers estimated it had been dead from 6 to 8 weeks."

"The body had apparently been left clothed, the leg bones were in the slacks."

"The right side of the skull had been bashed in."

22 July 1986, The Colorado County Citizen, pg 1, 3

1677657194467.png
1677657266779.png

"the body...was found near Sandy Creek off Farm-to-Market road 123, between Sheridan and Rock Island."

Unfortunately the next three articles I could find on her just state that the sheriff's office was waiting on the autopsy.

Thanks for this….but yeah,
Wonder why they can’t decide if the article of clothing found was a pink hospital type gown, or a pink chiffon blouse?!
I’ve seen pink hospital gowns, but never one made of anything remotely resembling chiffon….just curious :oops:

Really not sure about this one honestly. When I read the description I was thinking of something along a chiffon night blouse. Something that long the lines of this. From what I gather this sleepwear was pretty popular in the 1960's and 1970's.

1677688716806.png

I was also thinking it could also be a chiffon house robe, so something like this, but in pink. This type of robe was also pretty popular from the 60's-70's. I've seen house robe's from this era that are a bit more hospital gown looking.

1677688868026.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Possible match
A bit far but everything else matches up.

NAMUS:

--

1683043227964.png
1683043234190.png1683043238527.png1683043243594.png

Missing Age - 31 Years
Current Age - 78 Years
First Name - Isolde
Middle Name - Deirdre
Last Name - Yockey
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 3" (63 Inches)
Weight - 125 lbs
Hair Color - Brown (curly, short)
Eye Color - Hazel
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact - August 1, 1975
Location - Houston, Texas

-
I've enhanced all her photos for clarity.

It seems as if there may have been some ties to Michigan as well given this article noting the sale of property around the Edinburg, TX area (fairly close to Mexico border) by Mrs. Alice MacFarlane Yockey out of Michigan. An earlier article I read indicated she had been a school teacher in Donna, TX (also near Mexico border) and had left the position to move to Michigan with her husband. This would all seem to support those ties - article below.
The Monitor (McAllen, TX), 24 Oct 46, pg 6
1683044806358.png

Valley Morning Star (Harlingen, TX), 27 Jan 44, pg 6
1683044876708.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members