1334 users online (267 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Joseph Paul D'Aquisto Sr, 60, Asheville, 11 Jan 2002

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2242

Case Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status Missing
    First Name Joseph
    Middle Name Paul
    Last Name D'Aquisto Sr
    Nickname(s) Joe
    NCIC Number M-113865021
    Date LKA January 11, 2002 - 00:00
    Age 60 to 60 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height 71.0 inches
    Weight 150.0 pounds

Circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City Asheville
    State North Carolina
    Zip Code
    County Buncombe
    Circumstances BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

According to Lissa, Joseph left his home in Asheville on January 11, 2002, after he and his wife had a disagreement. He has not been seen or heard from since. Six months later, his truck was found in Tennessee off I-81 at a La Quinta. A security officer working there told Lissa the vehicle had been there for several months. She says her father knew the route well, using it to travel to New York when visiting relatives.

Lissa says it is too painful to speculate about what could have happened to her father. But Joseph was an avid photographer who always had his camera and the night he disappeared, both his wallet and camera were left behind. Lissa says that whatever happened to her father, it happened quickly. He would have never left his camera behind and in fact, he had plans to take it into work the next week to take photos.

Physical Characteristics

Hair Color Black
    Head Hair black/grey hair balding
    Body Hair
    Facial Hair
    Left Eye Color Brown
    Right Eye Color Brown

Father Disappears, Truck Found in Tenn.
    By NC WANTED Staff

Posted: Aug 29, 2008
    Updated: Aug 29, 2008

BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

According to Lissa, Joseph left his home in Asheville on January 11, 2002, after he and his wife had a disagreement. He has not been seen or heard from since. Six months later, his truck was found in Tennessee off I-81 at a La Quinta. A security officer working there told Lissa the vehicle had been there for several months. She says her father knew the route well, using it to travel to New York when visiting relatives.

Lissa says it is too painful to speculate about what could have happened to her father. But Joseph was an avid photographer who always had his camera and the night he disappeared, both his wallet and camera were left behind. Lissa says that whatever happened to her father, it happened quickly. He would have never left his camera behind and in fact, he had plans to take it into work the next week to take photos.

Joseph is white and balding with black/gray hair and brown eyes. He is 5’11 and weighs 150 pounds. He goes by the name “Joe." Today he turns 67. He was 60 years old when he disappeared.

If you have information on the disappearance of Joseph D'Aquisto, call NC WANTED toll free at 1.866.43.WANTED (1.866.439.2683) or click on "Report a Tip" Your identity can be kept confidential.

By NC WANTED Staff

BUNCOMBE COUNTY — Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

Joseph is white and balding with black/gray hair and brown eyes. He is 5’11 and weighs 150 pounds. He goes by the name “Joe." Today he turns 67. He was 60 years old when he disappeared.

If you have information on the disappearance of Joseph D'Aquisto, call NC WANTED toll free at 1.866.43.WANTED (1.866.439.2683) or click on "Report a Tip" Your identity can be kept confidential.

Individual Case Report
    Unidentified Person
    identifyus.org – namus.gov
    ME/C Contact Information
    Name: Denise Overton
    Agency: Forensic Medical
    Phone Number: 6157431800
    E-mail Address: doverton@forensicmed.com

Case Information
    NamUs-UP #: 552
    Case Number: 02-2003
    NCIC Number: N/A
    Date Found: 2002-08-08 00:00:00
    Date Entered: 2007-08-16 14:30:00
    Date Modified: 2009-05-28 14:40:00
    GPS Found: Lat: 36.150741, Long: -86.729207
    Address Found: 1307 Lebanon Pike
    Nashville, TN
    Davidson County

Demographics and Circumstances
    Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 60
    Minimum Age: 40 years
    Maximum Age: 55 years
    Race: Unsure
    Ethnicity: N/A
    Sex: Male
    Weight (lbs.): 0, Cannot Estimate
    Height (inch): 70, Estimated
    Condition: Partial Skeleton
    Probable Year of Death: 2002
    Est. Postmortem Interval: 6 Months
    DNA Profile Status: N/A
    Circumstances of Death: Remains discovered in woodland area behind church. Estimated that death had occurred between 2 months and one year.

Body Details
    No Details Available
    Body Parts Inventory: Head Not Recovered, Limbs Not Recovered, Hands Not Recovered

Fingerprint Classification
    RT N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
    LT N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
    Fingerprint Comments
    N/A

Clothing, Hair, Eyes
    No Details Available

Dental
    Dental Summary:
    Upper
    Right 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Upper
    Left

Lower
    Right Lower
    Left
    32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

Dental Comments:

Photos
    There are currently no photos available for this case.
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...y/303188754080

Possible Match

There is a lot of distance between that exit on I-81 and Lebanon Pike in Nashville/ Davidson County. That would be more than 175 miles. If he was that far away from his truck, he was obviously abducted by someone. I wonder if it would be considered normal for an adult abduction, particularly a male abduction to be taken that far, and then killed.

The other obvious alternative is that he was killed at the La Quinta and then his body dumped in Nashville area. Wonder if there is a truck stop there by the La Quinta ?

At any rate, this family needs closure so I hope you submitted this.

I HAVE TALKED TO DET. ON HIS CASE WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT THIS DOE. THEY SAID HE WAS LAST SPOTTED IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE. THEY DO BELIEVE HE WAS KIDNAPPED, I HAVE ENCLOSED A COPY OF A STORY ABOUT JOSEPH. SORRY CAPS MY CAP BUTTON IS STUCK ON THIS COMP. LOL

Family members do not describe Joseph Paul D’ Aquisto Sr. as an impulsive man. That is why his daughter, Lissa, does not believe that her father left on his own, without telling anyone what he was doing or where he was going.

OTHER LINKS

Report A Tip
    Join Mailing List
    By NC WANTED Staff

Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:

Quote Originally Posted by shelley View Post
    there is a lot of distance between that exit on i-81 and lebanon pike in nashville/ davidson county. That would be more than 175 miles. If he was that far away from his truck, he was obviously abducted by someone. I wonder if it would be considered normal for an adult abduction, particularly a male abduction to be taken that far, and then killed.

The other obvious alternative is that he was killed at the la quinta and then his body dumped in nashville area. Wonder if there is a truck stop there by the la quinta ?

At any rate, this family needs closure so i hope you submitted this.
    they have already collect dna of his mother. Tennessee is submitting dna now of john doe. Looks like it is the only way he can be identified.
    Life Is What We Make It.
    Visit Me at:

Joseph is still missing

2013:

Investigators with the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office tell the Times-News that his disappearance remains an active but cold case, with no charges placed and an investigation continuing.

And while Felzer admits the discovery of her father’s truck ultimately proved to be just a brief, false hope, she refuses to abandon her search...

"I know that if I disappeared he wouldn’t stop looking for me," said Felzer, voice cracking as she fights to suppress her tears. "So I’m not going to stop looking for him.

"I want somebody to see his face on the billboard, and at least tell me where he is. Because he doesn’t deserve to be laying on the side of the road or in the woods."

http://www.timesnews.net/News/2013/0...ille-billboard