1230 users online (209 members and 1021 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Beverly Spano, 44, Waldwick, July 2009

I hope I'm putting this in the right spot .... if not feel free to move it or delete it if someone else has posted.

I was driving home a few nights ago and there was a detour by the Passaic River in Elmwood Park NJ. There were tons of police and fire trucks, but we had to go around and figured it was an accident. I forgot to look online to see what it was all about until tonight. I found this article online that there is a missing woman from Waldwick NJ and they found her car unlocked and her purse in it parked at the river bank. Apparently she was reported missing by her husband a few days ago.

They have not released her name or much information at all. Is that normal? You would think they would want her name out there in case anyone knows her and has seen her. Is this normal? if so why would that be? I saw in a comment section on one of the sites someone said her name is Beverly, but didn't want to say the last name because it isn't out there yet.

Here is an article.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...aldwick+woman+

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....news_type=news

Quote Originally Posted by AM528 View Post
    I hope I'm putting this in the right spot .... if not feel free to move it or delete it if someone else has posted.

I was driving home a few nights ago and there was a detour by the Passaic River in Elmwood Park NJ. There were tons of police and fire trucks, but we had to go around and figured it was an accident. I forgot to look online to see what it was all about until tonight. I found this article online that there is a missing woman from Waldwick NJ and they found her car unlocked and her purse in it parked at the river bank. Apparently she was reported missing by her husband a few days ago.

They have not released her name or much information at all. Is that normal? You would think they would want her name out there in case anyone knows her and has seen her. Is this normal? if so why would that be? I saw in a comment section on one of the sites someone said her name is Beverly, but didn't want to say the last name because it isn't out there yet.

Here is an article.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...aldwick+woman+

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....news_type=news
    I live in North Jersey and am also following this story of the missing mom. According to news that I've read is that LE has given up the search in the river nearby where the woman grew up.

This is all a real mystery. One of the comments on the Bergen Record, was made by a woman who states she knows the woman's name. She stated her first name on her comment below the story at http://www.northjersey.com.
    (Bergen Record). Her first name she said is Beverly and she lives in Waldwick NJ, her age is 44. Then I checked her name, age, hometown and now I do know her full name. Did further checking and didn't find any reason for this mom to just disappear.

I'm very surprised when the news was reported that LE was no longer going to search the river after just half a day.

Looked up the husband and didn't find anything strange, but I hope she turns up safe and alive. There was another report from a TV news reporter who "mentioned" that perhaps it might have been a suicide.

Nothing new on the stations or newspapers at all today.

Very sad for what may have happened to this young lady. Just torn between whether there was foul play or even running away. Remember that there was that woman from Oakland, NJ who just left her purse, cell phone and everything behind and took off in her car and left her husband and two kids behind. LE put out her missing poster with the car and license plate number. Nothing since that day. We may never know in this case too, unless a body (unfortunately) shows up.

Thanks for bringing this mystery here. I do hope we find that this young lady comes home safe, or is found.
    Last edited by bogeygal; 07-05-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: link

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim.../49947522.html

Just found this, they are resuming the search for the missing Waldwick, New Jersey woman on Monday

ETA: I'm so shocked that they still haven't released her photo and name to the public. One would think that a photo of this mom of three would be very important to help locate her now or in the near future.
    Last edited by bogeygal; 07-05-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: eta

They haven't given out much info on the circumstances. Good to hear they're resuming the search on Monday.

What lead someone to believe she was missing on or before that Thursday when the van was found?

Looking at the news link above in post#3, I find this statment interesting:

search for the 44-year-old mother of three began after a family member found the woman's gold-colored minivan in a parking area beside the river at 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The minivan was unlocked and her handbag and car keys were inside.

So WHY did the family member consider the marina a place to search for her?
    What family member found her van? the husband?

When was she last seen or who spoke with her last?

So maybe the family doesn't want her NAME to be released, but how about some kind of description of her besides she's 5' 3".

snip
    :The woman's name has not been released at the family's request.
    "The family, for protection of the children, wishes to keep it a private matter until the final outcome is determined," Smith said Saturday night, explaining why no photos or identification had been made public.

How is anyone suppose to help in any way if her missing is kept quiet?
    Perhaps she has some history of depression and something similar has happen in the past.

I'm glad it was ok to post this here. I was also wondering if maybe she suffered from depression and they worry she killed herself. Still I would think getting her information out there would be best so people can say if they've seen anything. I forget where I read that she grew up in Elmwood Park (or maybe it was a rumor I heard) and still has family there and they noticed her car there. If you drive by there you notice cars sitting around a lot because people picnic there or fish or just hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    Remember that there was that woman from Oakland, NJ who just left her purse, cell phone and everything behind and took off in her car and left her husband and two kids behind. LE put out her missing poster with the car and license plate number. Nothing since that day. We may never know in this case too, unless a body (unfortunately) shows up.

Thanks for bringing this mystery here. I do hope we find that this young lady comes home safe, or is found.
    I didn't know about the woman from Oakland. I just got really interested in these cases since the Caylee Anthony case. Well I've always been interested I just never knew about Websleuths before then.

I do remember a woman from Bogota shortly after I moved to NJ went missing and nothing was ever found. A friend lived right near there and it is so strange to me.

http://patriciaviolamissing.homestead.com/

I just saw this online. I wonder if it is her that they've found.

Woman's body found in Passaic River. They said they can't confirm it is her yet.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200..._river_in.html

BODY FOUND IN PASSAIC RIVER IN NEW JERSEY

Police believe it may be the missing woman from Waldwick, NJ.

http://www.northjersey.com/breakingn...aic_River.html

Sure seems like it could be her. Beverly.

I hope they do a good forensic evidence job with the body.
    Was it suicide? Or was it something else?

Prayers for the family.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

The autopsy listed COD as drowning, but IDK about manner.

Channel 5 Fox news new york just reported on the case.

The woman from Waldwick is Beverly Spano, aged 44.

Prayers to the family and children of this woman. If more news comes up in the coming days, we may learn more from LE as to whether this was a suicide or something else. Either way, this is very sad, but at least the family has a bit of closure.

New Article Today

Authorities do not believe she was murdered.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/crim.../50120342.html

snipped:

Elmwood Park police used dental records to confirm that the adult body pulled from the river by two boaters on Sunday night was that of Spano, 44, a public relations professional whose disappearance triggered a massive search last week.

Spano had been reported missing Thursday, after a relative found her gold Ford Windstar minivan parked at the Elmwood Park marina at River Drive and Washington Avenue. The van was unlocked and Spano's purse and car keys were inside.

Divers spent the better part of two days combing the river in the area where the van was found before the search was called off Friday night. Two boaters from Clifton found her body around 6 p.m. Sunday, about a mile south of where her van was parked.

Down river in Clifton, a pair of fishermen made a similarly grim discovery hours before Spano's body was found. The men told police they found the body of a young girl stuffed in a plastic bag floating at the water's edge near the Ackerman Avenue bridge.

Detective Lt. Richard Berdnick of the Clifton police said Monday that officers were following several leads. He declined to provide further information, saying that doing so would risk compromising a joint investigation between city police and the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.

Elmwood Park authorities spent Monday trying to determine how Spano ended up in the river.

Spano worked in media relations in New York for UBS, the financial services company, from 1991 to 1993 before leaving the firm to start her own public relations company, said UBS spokesman Kris Kagel. After Spano left the company, she continued to work for UBS on a freelance basis, Kagel said.

According to Spano's profile on the professional networking Web site LinkedIn, she received a B.A. in communications from William Paterson University and was the principal of Spano Communications LLC, a company that she founded in July 1993. The company specialized in writing, editing, marketing, corporate communications, media relations and internal communications.

Spano had three children — two of elementary school age and a teenager. Her husband told police he last saw his wife on Thursday and that she had behaved normally that day, said Elmwood Park Police Chief Donald Ingrasselino.

Ingrasselino said authorities do not think Spano was murdered.

Police had been searching the Passaic River for Spano since Thursday. Dive teams and sonar were used in the river search, and a state police helicopter scanned the river Thursday night and Friday. Authorities from Elmwood Park and Waldwick, along with sheriff's officers from Bergen and Passaic counties, assisted.

http://www.northjersey.com/breakingn...ck_mother.html

This news article has a history (roundup) of the suicides and adults drowning children in the Passaic River.

I always feel so bad for the kids when this happens. I have a friend whose mom committed suicide when she was young...She is now 60 and it still stings.

Prayers for Beverly and her family.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

I live on this river, 1 block from the marina where her car was found. Police are saying there are no signs of foul play but if you knew this area, you would know that this is not the type of river one could easily commit suicide in.
    "Perhaps when a man has special knowledge and special powers like my own, it rather encourages him to seek a complex explanation when a simpler one is at hand. "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast