1035 users online (198 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Delfino, 6 mos, & Judith Sierra, 1, Moline, 5 July 2009

Amber Alert for 2 Moline children
    Authorities have issued an Amber Alert for two young Moline children reportedly taken at knifepoint from their home.

Moline police say a man believed to have been their noncustodial father, 36-year-old Delfino Sierra took the children early Sunday morning while a 13-year-old nephew was baby-sitting them.

The missing children were identified as 1-year-old Judith G. Sierra and her 6-month-old brother, Delfino Sierra Jr. When taken, Judith was wearing a pink princess T-shirt and her brother was wearing a Winnie The Pooh T-shirt.

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,4071510.story

NCMEC Poster: http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

North Carolina

IL-AMBER ALERT: Delfino Sierra Jr., 6 months, & Judith Sierra, 1, Moline, 5 July 2009

An Amber Alert is in effect for two missing children, taken by knifepoint by their father from their home early Sunday in far west Moline.

One-year-old Judith G. Sierra and her 6-month-old brother Delfino Sierra, Jr. were taken by knifepoint by their father from their home while a 13-year-old nephew was babysitting them about 3:40 a.m. at 1857 4th Street in Moline, according to the Amber Alert.

Judith, described as a 22-pound girl with black hair and brown eyes, was last seen wearing a pink princess t-shirt.

The suspect is Delfino Sierra, the father of the children who is not married to the children's mother. He is described as a 36-year-old, 5-foot-8 Hispanic man with black hair and brown eyes.

Pictures of them:

Amber alert cancelled, children returned to family.

Why was a 13 year old watching a 6-month old baby at 3:45 a.m.? Not excusing anyone here, but as a parent I would have been very concerned and I would have called the police to have the children checked on.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I wonder if this was done deliberately to teach the mother a lesson...no excuse for the knife part though. I wouldn't leave a 13 year old at home at that time of the morning much less ask one to baby sit very young children in the middle of the night.