Grand Jury Indictment Possible

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Check it out!!!: http://www.kcbs.com/Huckaby-Trial-Goes-To-Grand-Jury/4735463

A "secret" grand jury will hear the charges against Huckaby. May mean no change of venue and that Huckaby's trial will happen in 6-8 months. There are a couple more articles in the media thread, posted by our one and only AngelWhoCares and MollyMil23 :)

Thank you both for staying on top of the media news!!!! I'm excited about this. It seems to mean that we, the public, won't be getting much info until trial, but I don't care if it means that trial will happen sooner, rather than later.

Salem

Good to hear that this is moving forward. Sandra and her family deserve to live and rest in peace.

aaww man, while i totally understand their idea don't they know there are sleuthers like us that while we may not want to know the whole lorrid detail we are interested in the facts. we also want to hear enough to help figure out if someone else is/was involved.

Well, now I am confused. MH has already been charged and had entered a plea of 'not guilty'.

Why a Grand Jury now? What am I missing? For additional charges or what?

Thanks so much for anyone who can answer this. Makes me feel so stoopid!

My understanding is that the prosecutors wanted the grand jury as a way to get the evidence against Huckaby through the discovery process without it going public. And maybe at the end of the presentation of evidence she will plead guilty. That's my hope. Fingers crossed here!

I have to admit, I didn't even think about the fact that MH had already been charged and entered a plea. It does seem late for a grand jury now. Hmmm.. how are they pulling this one off? I was excited to hear she would be going to trial sooner rather than later. I'll have to do a little research on this one? Interesting.

Salem

From what I am seeing in the media - the Grand Jury will take the place of a preliminary hearing for MH. I'm still not sure how that makes sense.

Salem

From what I am seeing in the media - the Grand Jury will take the place of a preliminary hearing for MH. I'm still not sure how that makes sense.

Salem

Once the arraignment has been held then the Prosecutor has the option to choose either a PH or go to a Grand Jury. It is always up to the individual DA. Usually the reason they opt for a GJ is to keep the evidence away from the public courtroom so it will make it easier to have the trial in the town it was charged... rather than a COV and to insure that the defendant receives a fair trial.

I have been on a GJ and usually the only witnesses that are there is the Lead Investigator, Medical Examiner and possibly the one who found the body. The Prosecutor is there laying out his case. The defense attorney is not there so discovery is unknown to them.

Huckaby is the one that has stalled this case so the Prosecutor is not in violation of going to the GJ later than usual.

imo

Check it out!!!: http://www.kcbs.com/Huckaby-Trial-Goes-To-Grand-Jury/4735463

A "secret" grand jury will hear the charges against Huckaby. May mean no change of venue and that Huckaby's trial will happen in 6-8 months. There are a couple more articles in the media thread, posted by our one and only AngelWhoCares and MollyMil23 :)

Thank you both for staying on top of the media news!!!! I'm excited about this. It seems to mean that we, the public, won't be getting much info until trial, but I don't care if it means that trial will happen sooner, rather than later.

Salem
How very strange. I want it to go to trial soon, but I see no reason at all for a GJ to hear charges when they had plenty of evidence to indict her and have already charged her! This makes no sense to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back