1214 users online (266 members and 948 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171

    We will be on the news tonight

    Well we ended up victims of a crime and will be on the news tonight. Someone some how * we have no idea how * got ahold of our checks and wrote it for things on craigslist for over $400 dollars. Most know we just adopted our neices and newphew well this clearned us out with all the fee's ect. I guess if you want to see the story it will be on tonight 10 pm news channel 9 in oklahoma city. I wish I could say more but I am Drained.

  2. #2
    Awww, I am so sorry this happened to you. Bless your hearts!

    Doesn't your bank cover those as long as you can prove you didn't write them?! There are also victim's comp funds to help with such things which you can find by discussing it with someone from the PD. They should have the information.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Awww, I am so sorry this happened to you. Bless your hearts!

    Doesn't your bank cover those as long as you can prove you didn't write them?! There are also victim's comp funds to help with such things which you can find by discussing it with someone from the PD. They should have the information.
    This is one of the reasons it will be on the news . It was the banks fault it was cashed. They took it to OUR BANK and cashed it. THEY DID NOT CHECK THE SIGGY CARD ON FILE. It did not match AT ALL. OUR OWN bank cashed it and has not gave us our money back Saying it can take up to a month to get it back. Mean while we have had to take a payday loan that has big time fee's to pay rent while the other checks we wrote will bounce. They admitt their fault. They ADMITT they didnt check the card on file . They did take the ladies info down but gave her the money anyways Its been turned over to the cops and we hope a arrest will be made soon.We closed the account and opened another one and even after admitting it was their fault they wouldnt replace our checks or put the money right back in.They wouldnt even LOAN us the money we had to go to a cash checking place. BLAH!

  4. #4
    I hope you have an attorney.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma - SOONERS!
    Posts
    156
    Gosh, that is HORRIBLE. I hope since you will be on the news tonight the bank changes their tone and refunds your money as soon as possible. That tends to happen.

    Then after they refund your much deserved money I hope you take that money and close out your bank account, then redeposit into a bank that cares about their customers.

    Can't wait to see what bank it is, and I am so sorry this happen to your family.

  6. #6
    I hope the media attention will force the bank to make it right!!! The banks have a responsibility to VERIFY the signatures on a check! Why else do they demand so much identification when I want to cash MY OWN?


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,735
    I hope you changed banks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiusleuth View Post
    Gosh, that is HORRIBLE. I hope since you will be on the news tonight the bank changes their tone and refunds your money as soon as possible. That tends to happen.

    Then after they refund your much deserved money I hope you take that money and close out your bank account, then redeposit into a bank that cares about their customers.

    Can't wait to see what bank it is, and I am so sorry this happen to your family.
    As soon as we have money we are getting a new bank account. We already have one we want to transfer to that we have talked to about this.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    Alot of banks don't check sig cards for under 500.00. The reasoning is most people don't even go to their own branch and it's worth it to keep things moving and the customer's happy. It's more cost effective to eat that amount. For that reason banks are usually pretty good about reimbursing their customers immediately. Usually all you have to do is give the bank a police report.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    And other banks won't let you wear a hat and sunglasses inside their branch and won't cash a 25.00 check unless you give them a fingerprint and a dna sample. (kidding about the dna sample).


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,012
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Since it was cashed at the bank, is there any video tape available for you to look at to see if you recognise the person? Any idea how they got ahold of your checks?

    VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,836
    I'm sorry this happened to you :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    And other banks won't let you wear a hat and sunglasses inside their branch and won't cash a 25.00 check unless you give them a fingerprint and a dna sample. (kidding about the dna sample).
    My bank gives my boyfriend and I a hard time every time we try to deposit his paychecks into my account. He shows them his id, I show them my id, we write my account # on the check and both sign it, and they still hassle us.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
    As soon as we have money we are getting a new bank account. We already have one we want to transfer to that we have talked to about this.
    I would guess BOA is the bank that messed you around.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Bride View Post
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Since it was cashed at the bank, is there any video tape available for you to look at to see if you recognise the person? Any idea how they got ahold of your checks?

    VB
    We seen what she looks like and don't know her at all. We have no idea how she got ahold of our checks :-( Wish we did.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I would guess BOA is the bank that messed you around.
    No its a bank that is out of my state.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Bombshell tonight! Nancy Grace leaving Headline News
    By Irisha in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 10:09 PM
  2. Tonight, 6PM, WRAL TV News (also on media links thread)
    By per_curiam in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 06:27 PM