Mia's Story

This may have been posted previously, but it is worth watching again.

WARNING: It may make you cry - there is some harshness in the video that is difficult, but the ending is inspiring.

http://www.cbsnews.com:80/video/watch/?id=4808489n

Salem

Salem, thank you so much for posting this story! Had you not posted it I would never have gotten to see this video. Mia's story is awesome and I hope she has a wonderful future in front of her. Thank God for the people who never gave up on her!

I do hope the father never lives to see his freedom again and that she never comes in contact with her birth mother again (who should also be in prison, IMO). The couple who took Mia in are her real 'birth' parents because they did give her new life.

Thanks again, Salem!

Thanks LaLaw! Its astounding to me how she reacted at the age of 4 to her baby sister's grave and how Mia had such a need to reach out to her baby sister. I'm not sure I would have recognized such a need in a four year old, kwim?

I am so glad Mia got the chance to grow, live, love and learn and I expect we will see some great things from her in the world of foster care and child abuse as she gets older. I agree - her foster parents are her real birth parents. It is because of them that Mia was given a life worth living.

And she is just so darn cute!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23