749 users online (105 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

October trial date CANCELLED

A friend sent me a breaking news announcement - haven't found the link yet!

ADDED LATER: I'd like to know WHY then have decided to move the trial to January?
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-07-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added question

FOUND IT: http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

The October 12 date for Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial has been cancelled after a Tuesday morning meeting between the defense, prosecution and the judge. Eyewitness News was the only media at the meeting at the Orange County courthouse.<snipped>

Yes. Postponed to give AL time for her teaching and to get up to speed. Of course, as I read it, January is just a tentative timeframe. There will be many filings by AL between now and then, and who knows when this will actually see a court room.

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Ugh - I was just wondering the other day when this fricking case would go to trial. Good grief....

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    FOUND IT: http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

The October 12 date for Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial has been cancelled after a Tuesday morning meeting between the defense, prosecution and the judge. Eyewitness News was the only media at the meeting at the Orange County courthouse.<snipped>
    It was cancelled to accomodate Lyon's teaching schedule.

Huh.

Next will be a delay because Baez decides to teach a law class...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

snipped

"Defense team member Andrea Lyon told Judge Stan Strickland her teaching schedule would prevent her from being able to go to trial in three months. Judge Strickland cancelled the October 12 date and scheduled a status hearing on the first-degree murder trial for January 21."

"Lyon, the defense's death penalty qualified attorney, also told Judge Strickland that she plans to file several motions after Labor Day, but details of those motions were not given."
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Chef, I was just wondering that myself. Good grief! How long does it take for one precious little girl get justice? At least KC is in jail!!!

And if this new attorney decides to step off the case, we wait another year?

Check Fraud Case

http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

snipped

"Additionally, the judge said that he wants an affidavit from Amy Huizenga showing she wants to invoke her right to a speedy trial in the check fraud case that the prosecution wants to move forward on. Casey is charged with stealing her friend's checkbook and buying personal items with forged checks."

I do hope Amy invokes her right to a speedy trial in this case...
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    It was cancelled to accomodate Lyon's teaching schedule.

Huh.

Next will be a delay because Baez decides to teach a law class...
    BBM

Don't give him any ideas!!!
    Last edited by Patty G; 07-07-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: PLEASE preview posts when bolding another posts. DON't BOLD beyond the end of the sentence. Fixed broken quote link.

Every male in the meeting is wearing a necktie except for Mr.B.
    Is that his Latin persona?

Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)

Angry

My nerves cant take another delay..

www.givesmehope.com

Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny

As I expected.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

HELLO!! Andrea? Sabbatical?? sheesh

IMO, a delay means nothing more than the perp gets additional guaranteed time to sit behind bars and think about what she has done.

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
    As I expected.
    I remember you posting that defense would delay, delay. Why is this slow process allowed? I was hopeing JS would take the reins and require defense to pull thier case together. Why wouldn't a judge tell a new defense lawyer that it was her choic to join a defense team that is already established, and it is her responsibility to catch up regardless of other obligations outside of the case. This polite stuff is frustrating. I guess this could benefit prosecution in some way? I am sadden by such along delay.
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast