836 users online (124 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Cell Phone Towers And Pings

All the information gathered on Tracy's cell phone and the towers should be listed here.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

This is a picture generated from Google maps showing the closest cell tower as well as the orientation of it. There is a .21 mile circle centered around the tower due to info in the July 3 update that this was the last ping where the phone was.
    http://www.tracyocasio.com/updates.php

ocoee2.JPG

Also this is a picture of her Verizon LG Voyager phone as stated here.
    http://www.tracyocasio.com/index.php

Verizon-LG-Voyager.jpg

you know I live in a big time tourist town and when its say labourday weekend or we have a huge elvis impersonation contest ..lol yes i said elvis haha anyway what im getting at is . One time i remember trying to call freinds on my cell and all over town peoples cell phones were working but the calls just wouldn't go through and what would happen is when u dial a number it doesn;t allways go to the same cell tower just because theres one say a mile away if its to busy u get pushed to a different tower it makes no difference on your bill but it can make for a false destination cause if its pushed to say one that is 5 miles away then its gonna look like your closer to it but in reality your not i just dont put to much in to the cell phone pings .
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    you know I live in a big time tourist town and when its say labourday weekend or we have a huge elvis impersonation contest ..lol yes i said elvis haha anyway what im getting at is . One time i remember trying to call freinds on my cell and all over town peoples cell phones were working but the calls just wouldn't go through and what would happen is when u dial a number it doesn;t allways go to the same cell tower just because theres one say a mile away if its to busy u get pushed to a different tower it makes no difference on your bill but it can make for a false destination cause if its pushed to say one that is 5 miles away then its gonna look like your closer to it but in reality your not i just dont put to much in to the cell phone pings .
    Who could pass commenting on an Elvis post, eh? Thankyuhthanyuhverrymussch

Load shifting is always a possibility to consider when using ping information. However, IMHO, the 'good news' is that w/ the exception of the NBA playoff game we have no reason to believe there would be an inordinate amount of cell traffic @ 4:30AM or 8:30AM 5/27.