Cell Phone Towers And Pings

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
All the information gathered on Tracy's cell phone and the towers should be listed here. :)

you know I live in a big time tourist town and when its say labourday weekend or we have a huge elvis impersonation contest ..lol yes i said elvis haha anyway what im getting at is . One time i remember trying to call freinds on my cell and all over town peoples cell phones were working but the calls just wouldn't go through and what would happen is when u dial a number it doesn;t allways go to the same cell tower just because theres one say a mile away if its to busy u get pushed to a different tower it makes no difference on your bill but it can make for a false destination cause if its pushed to say one that is 5 miles away then its gonna look like your closer to it but in reality your not i just dont put to much in to the cell phone pings .

you know I live in a big time tourist town and when its say labourday weekend or we have a huge elvis impersonation contest ..lol yes i said elvis haha anyway what im getting at is . One time i remember trying to call freinds on my cell and all over town peoples cell phones were working but the calls just wouldn't go through and what would happen is when u dial a number it doesn;t allways go to the same cell tower just because theres one say a mile away if its to busy u get pushed to a different tower it makes no difference on your bill but it can make for a false destination cause if its pushed to say one that is 5 miles away then its gonna look like your closer to it but in reality your not i just dont put to much in to the cell phone pings .

Who could pass commenting on an Elvis post, eh? Thankyuhthanyuhverrymussch ;)

Load shifting is always a possibility to consider when using ping information. However, IMHO, the 'good news' is that w/ the exception of the NBA playoff game we have no reason to believe there would be an inordinate amount of cell traffic @ 4:30AM or 8:30AM 5/27.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back