CA CA - Kristine Hamilton, 18, Moreno Valley, 7 July 2005

Ada Wong

Androgynous Mind
Reaction score
Missing Since: July 7, 2005 from Moreno Valley, California
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: April 6, 1987
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Hamilton has the following tattoos: a teal-colored star on the left side of her upper back, a black star on her left shoulder, her initials "KNH" on her right shoulder, and an unknown symbol on her right hip. Her hair was dyed brown at the time of her disappearance. She has a scar on her right eyelid and the left side of her nose is pierced. Her nicknames are Kris and Krissy.

Details of Disappearance

Hamilton was last seen at her family's residence in the 21300 block of Pala Foxia Place in Moreno Valley, California at 12:00 p.m. on July 7, 2005. She may have left with an unidentified male driving a white car. She has never been heard from again. There was no sign of a struggle at her residence after she went missing, and none of her personal belongings disappeared with her.

Hamilton moved with her family from Illinois to California in 2004. She had graduated high school in Illinois prior to her disappearance and was trying to decide what to do with her life. Her family stated that at the time of her disappearance she was unemployed and had no health problems or legal problems. She did not have a boyfriend, a cellular phone, a driver's license or a car in 2005. Hamilton's loved ones do not believe she left of her own accord, as this is uncharacteristic of her behavior. There has been no activity on her Social Security number since her disappearance, and she hasn't had any contact with law enforcement anywhere in the country either. Her case remains unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hamilton_kristine.html
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4090519200494

Kristine's case has now been picked up by the FBI. She's no longer classified as a "voluntary missing adult", and apparently she's now a kidnap victim. I have no idea what evidence led to that conclusion being reached, but I'd certainly be interested in knowing!

FBI Link: http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/hamilton_kn.htm

Newly revealed information from the FBI's site is:
She has worked in a fast food restaurant and has ties to Illinois, Indiana, and Mississippi.

It's odd to see a nearly unpublicized five year old missing persons case get picked up by the FBI, isn't it?

Yes it is Ada, I agree. I would also love to know what made the FBI make the change!?

I am bumping this topic because it is now a week prior to Kristine's twenty-fourth birthday, and we are only a few months away from what could be the six year anniversary of her disappearance. Furthermore, I do not want this case to be forgotten, and it seems that may be gradually happening. Kristine's case has not appeared in the news in nearly three years.

In positive news, Kristine now appears on NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6154/0/

The page indicates that DNA samples are available. This hopefully means that she'll be relatively easily identifiable once located. Please do not forget that this case is solvable. By coming together, we can ensure that her loved ones experience as little continued heartache as is necessary.

From reading the FBI information, it makes me think that she has been seen since her disappearance. Am I reading that correctly? It seems to imply that the work in the fast food restaurant was sometime after she left home in those other various states. Just curious if that was how everyone else was understanding the information.

I can see where it might come across that way, but that's unfortunately not the case. There's been no known activity anywhere since July 7th, 2005. Any employment happened prior to that date, and she was not employed anywhere at the time of her disappearance.

Just as an addendum, I've not had any luck in verifying that she was ever employed anywhere; furthermore, I'm incredibly suspect of the white vehicle information. The mysterious man in the white vehicle didn't appear in any reports of the disappearance until 2008.

For example, here's the Charley Project's page from the end of 2007: http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20...leyproject.org/cases/h/hamilton_kristine.html

Reading the page, you'll notice the following text: "No one saw her leave the home." However, an update in autumn 2008 states that she may have left with an unidentified male driving a white car. The FBI page further clarifies this by stating that this was reported by a family member, but this clearly contradicts the 2005-2007 reports that stated that no one witnessed her departure. If a family member saw her leaving voluntarily, that's an incredibly important detail! Why on earth would it not appear anywhere until three years after she'd been missing? Either the police made a gigantic error in the early goings of the case, or there is something extremely fishy about the story itself. I honestly cannot see any other answer.

:bump: for Kristine, missing 8 years this week. :(

Snipped:

She has never been heard from again. There was no sign of a struggle at her residence after she went missing, and none of her personal belongings disappeared with her.

hamilton_kristine.jpg

Kristine Nicole Hamilton

A few years ago I looked up the address they listed. Not sure if this is the exact house. But they did say they were looking for a white car. And I found this on Google street view.

I realize it is from 5 years after. But Google is regularly way out of date. And I think street view was starting up about that time. It could have been one of their first runs from before it launched in 2007. And the car looks very out of place in that neighborhood.

You'd think that would be checked but I've heard of investigators failing to check some very obvious things before. I don't know. Thought it was at least worth throwing out there.

Kristine%20Nicole%20Hamilton.JPG

A few years ago I looked up the address they listed. Not sure if this is the exact house. But they did say they were looking for a white car. And I found this on Google street view.

I realize it is from 5 years after. But Google is regularly way out of date. And I think street view was starting up about that time. It could have been one of their first runs from before it launched in 2007. And the car looks very out of place in that neighborhood.

You'd think that would be checked but I've heard of investigators failing to check some very obvious things before. I don't know. Thought it was at least worth throwing out there.

Kristine%20Nicole%20Hamilton.JPG

I live just east of Moreno Valley, so this case caught my attention. There isn't anything but desert between MV and where I live. I was wondering what makes you think that car looks out of place.

I apologize, but I hadn't been completely forthcoming in my previous posts. One of the major reasons I made this topic is because I am a family member (a cousin) of Kristine, but I didn't feel comfortable divulging that for personal reasons. I think about her all the time and I miss her a lot, more than I could ever hope to put into words.

To show that I'm telling you all the truth, here are two large photographs of Kristine that I've scanned. In the first one, she is about 10-11. In the second, about 13-14. (linked not embedded because they'd possibly stretch people's pages)

http://imageshack.us/a/img109/6602/3w4p.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5307/nycy.jpg

You'll notice that her hair changes color dramatically between the pictures. She started dyeing it around the time she was twelve and basically kept it that color until shortly before her disappearance. There was a brief period around the time she was 16 where she added a few red streaks to her hair, but that didn't last very long. The nearly black hair she's pictured with in the missing persons photos is an anomaly, and I've never understood why those were the only pictures ever given out. Her natural color, if you can't tell from the picture, is brown with a slight reddish tinge.

I’m listening to the Unfound podcast now and was immediately felt that the stepfather could be involved. He and Kristine altercations in the past, he was one of the last people to see her, he left the state unexpectedly (leaving Kristine’s mom) a year after her disappearance and he later agreed to take a lie detector test but then lawyered up and never took it. Not to mention later allegations that he was trying to take some sort of inappropriate pictures while in the presence of his then girlfriend’s young daughter in Arizona (charges were dropped). Doesn’t bode well...

• kristine_nicole_hamilton_1.jpg
  • kristine_nicole_hamilton_2.jpg
  • kristine_nicole_hamilton_3.jpg
Hamilton, circa 2005; Age-progression to age 27 (circa 2014)
  • Missing Since 07/07/2005
  • Missing From Moreno Valley, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/06/1987 (36)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Hamilton has the following tattoos: a teal-colored star on the left side of her upper back, a black star on her left shoulder, her initials "KNH" on her right shoulder, and an unknown symbol on her right hip. Her hair was dyed brown at the time of her disappearance. She has a scar on her right eyelid and the left side of her nose is pierced. Her nicknames are Kris and Krissy.

Details of Disappearance​

Hamilton was last seen at her family's residence in the 21300 block of Pala Foxia Place in Moreno Valley, California at 12:00 p.m. on July 7, 2005. She may have left with an unidentified male driving a white car. She has never been heard from again.

There was no sign of a struggle at her residence after she went missing, and none of her personal belongings disappeared with her.

Hamilton moved with her family from Illinois to California in 2004. She had graduated high school in Illinois prior to her disappearance and was trying to decide what to do with her life.

Her family stated that at the time of her disappearance she was unemployed and had no health problems or legal problems. She did not have a boyfriend, a cellular phone, a driver's license or a car in 2005.

Hamilton's loved ones do not believe she left of her own accord, as this is uncharacteristic of her behavior. There has been no activity on her Social Security number since her disappearance, and she hasn't had any contact with law enforcement anywhere in the country either. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Riverside Sheriff's Department 951-955-2445

Source Information​

Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 5, 2015; age-progression added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back