CONVICTION OVERTURNED AZ - Ariel Allison, 18, stabbed to death, mom injured, Kingman, 4 July 2009

richandfamous

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This happened Saturday night in my home town. This guy has a rap sheet a mile long and has been let go so many times the town folks are angry as hell.

She told LE he was going to kill her. But they let him out anyway.

KINGMAN - The man charged with attacking a woman and killing her daughter on the Fourth of July was arrested earlier this year for an incident at the same address where the murders occurred.

Jennifer Allison, 35, was listed in guarded condition in the intensive care unit of a Las Vegas hospital Monday afternoon. Allison suffered multiple stab wounds and a gunshot wound to the back of the head and was found unresponsive in her driveway in the 1800 block of Pacific Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday. Allison's daughter, 18-year-old Ariel Allison, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Darrell Bryant Ketchner, 51, was arrested in connection with the attack by Kingman Police at the Cerbat Cliffs Golf Course Sunday morning.

Police allege Ketchner broke into the Allison home through a side door Saturday around 10:45 p.m. and surprised the victims, who were seated at the dining room table. Sgt. Bob Fisk, public information officer with the Kingman Police Department, said four other people were in the house at the time of the attack. Jennifer Allison was stabbed several times and had made it out the front door to call for help when she was shot. Police found Ariel Allison in a bedroom.

Jennifer Allison had a restraining order barring Ketchner from the property. Ketchner was arrested in April on suspicion that he broke out several car windows in front of the Allison home. Police said they don't have a motive for Saturday's attack.
Now does this guy look sorry? NO, he looks pretty satisfied with himself:
32315b.jpg

the rest of the story......

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=32315

This is the third story I've read on WS tonight that is making my brain short-circuit.

I can (in a warped way) understand why he would target his ex, but why kill her oldest child? As far as motive is concerned, if he has a rap sheet dating back 30 years, I'd say his motive is he's a miserable *^#%&^ )*%@$^ (count the # of symbols and draw your own conclusion).

Too bad he didn't fire at the officers like the waste-of-space in NC did. Would've saved the taxpayers the cost of trying and imprisoning him.

NO MOTIVE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Lemme tell LE the MOTIVE, if I may!

The MOTIVE is that he's a who wants CONTROL because he's a SOCIOPATH that shouldn't have been NEAR this woman or anyone who even KNEW her! WHEN are they going to start using MONITORS on these men who ABUSE WOMEN AND CHILDREN and KEEP US SAFE?

I'm so pissed off that I better stop now before I get a TO.

His motive-hmmm...thinking, thinking....

His motive was to teach her a lesson for having the b***s to try and get away. Undoubtedly he told her he would kill her and her daughter. So he did.

I am sure he is satisfied. I hope that all of those involved with the law can be equally as satisfied at the protection this woman received from the piece of paper she was issued.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Restraining orders are just a waste of paper. Unless there is someone guarding you to make sure the does not come near you it is worthless to get a restraining order. IMO

This man should be stabbed several times and shot, and then left to die somewhere ! I am so tired of people like this being let out and not taken seriously! My Grandmother dated a man and then broke it off. He started to stalk her relentlesly..she retained a RO on him. He wound up shooting her, thank god she was in her vehicle when he shot her. The window of her car actually took the brunt of the bullet but it still lodged in her head ( where it still remains as they could not remove it) and when they found him he killed himself ! Talk about a . My ex stalked me for quite some time and I live 160 miles away ! Could not get a RO to save my life, there wasnt enough proof to get one. I told the police officer that he would prob. kill me if he got the chance and he told me " Unfortunatley Mam that is usally how these things end " What kind of answer is that ? I just make sure that I have a way to protect myself at all times, also went and got a German Shepherd for protection, she is the best dog ever!

As an individual who has a restraining order, I can tell you that while they do not stop this type of crime, they are not a waste of paper. People need to understand that police officers, sheriff deputies, highway patrol, state troopers, etc, their job is to do the best they. They can't sit outside every house of every person with a restraining order. They can't keep people in jail or prison just because we think they should be there. They have to operate within the confines of the BS laws we have on the books. The only way to change that is to MAKE IT HAPPEN. As an individual, as scary as it can be, you must act on your own to protect yourself. Get the restraining order. Hire a security guard if you can. Become friends with every police officer you know. My RO is against my husband's ex-wife. She has assaulted me several times, attempted to assault me, broken in my house, blah blah. Every time she did, I called the police. They even got to know me by my first name. She was arrested three times and they did so based on the restraining order. After the third time, she came right to my house again. Now, mind you, I can physically take care of myself but I will not put myself into a situation (nor my children) where I might get arrested. However, this time, I got out my gun, which I am legally registered to carry and I made it clear to her I would waste no thought on ending the situation for good if she did not leave me alone. She (dumbass) called the police to complain that I was threatening her and was promptly arrested for violating the RO. That was seven years ago and it was the last time she violated the order. Her father is a retired deputy for the adjoining county and let me tell you he did everything in his power to try an intimidate me. Please bear in mind I am in NO WAY implying that this poor woman was to blame for any of this. Women (and in some cases even men) need to be taught that they can and must do everything they can do defend themselves. Yes it's a pain in the *advertiser censored* to move, to change your life, but my goodness, if some if threatening to kill you and you KNOW he/she is capable of doing so, be extra precautious. Her poor baby is dead and she's hanging on. What happened to the other two people in the house?

Yes, interested in the other two in the house :waitasec: . Wonder why he didn't do anything to them?

Here is a thought-let's come up with a solution that does not involve just a piece of paper between you and death.

It really is sheer statistics-how many people are battered in their primary relationship? Statistically speaking the most dangerous time for these people is when they seek to end the abuse by either leaving, or receiving an order of protection. How many people are maimed or killed who have an order of protection? I wonder what the magic number is that would inspire lawmakers to change the process? 10, 100, 1000 per year?

For those who believe it is a matter of protecting yourself; yes that is the reality of the situation however how many people with a profile that includes being regularly beaten in their primary relationship have the self-esteem to say that they will protect themselves at all costs? They are for the most part victim's-being a victim messes with your mentality until you find whatever line in the sand that will inspire you to throw off the label...jmo.

I would think take care of yourself first, no matter how... then worry about the court problems later WITHOUT having to worry about the person ever violating a restraining order again in this lifetime.

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=32327
I hate to say this but, this woman is not without blame here...she continued to have his children after she knew exactly who and what he is. There's plenty of blame to go around but by gawd it is a womans responsibility to protect her children and not continue to associate with a known criminal and violent person...and continue to have his children! jmo
As far as how the other kids escaped injury...Ariel's 17 year old sister gathered up the other children 2, 7 and 11 and escaped out of the house. Ariel tried to protect her mother so he stabbed her to death and as the mother ran out of the house to the driveway he went after her and shot her in the head and stabbed her. A relative of mine lives next door and saw Ketchner coming up the street towards the house with a gun and tried to stop him but couldn't...he called the cops.
Here's a picture of the beautiful girl that died.
32327.jpg

They arrested him on a golf course? That man committed this heinous crime and went the next morning to play golf?!? :eek:

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=32327
I hate to say this but, this woman is not without blame here...she continued to have his children after she knew exactly who and what he is. There's plenty of blame to go around but by gawd it is a womans responsibility to protect her children and not continue to associate with a known criminal and violent person...and continue to have his children! jmo
As far as how the other kids escaped injury...Ariel's 17 year old sister gathered up the other children 2, 7 and 11 and escaped out of the house. Ariel tried to protect her mother so he stabbed her to death and as the mother ran out of the house to the driveway he went after her and shot her in the head and stabbed her. A relative of mine lives next door and saw Ketchner coming up the street towards the house with a gun and tried to stop him but couldn't...he called the cops.
Here's a picture of the beautiful girl that died.
32327.jpg

I hope your relative is doing well. How horrible to be in that situation.

I am so sorry for Jennifer and Ariel. Unfortunately your right its just paper--a court order means nothing to a person intent on committing harm.

If your in this siutation, do the best you can to protect yourself. Ideas my sister used: get a dog, a dog trained to protect, this may give you seconds of alert that a stranger is there, a taser (they make pocket size ones) keep it in your pocket. A camera security system, they can hide them well so that you will have proof someone is breaking in and you can monitor the outside before opening the door. Use an intercom system so you can communicate with someone outside but not have to open the door.

Talk to your neighbors make them aware of what is going on. They can be a defense. Especially if you have a stay at home neighbor. If they see anything they can call the police. Ask the police if they can look at your house and suggest weak points.

But in the end if they are intent on getting you prayer is all that you have left. This time of monster sees his family as property and will not let it go.

My sister was stalked by her ex-husband over and over. He tried to shoot her, drive her off the road, etc. He finally stopped when she remarried and her new husband was bigger and let him know he had a gun too and would use it. They are bullies, preying on the weaker. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison.

My prayers for Jennifer and Ariel.

richandfamous any updates on Jennifer's condition? OT; I was raised nearby and have distant family members living in Golden Valley. Since moved away, but we go home for holidays. Used to camp in the Hulapai's when I was little.

Found his court records, see below. Do you know if they were ever married, the articles say "boyfriend". Was it a on/off again relationship? What did this guy do for a living?
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/caselookup.aspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back