Kara -- Mom of Lindsey's friend

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Please post and discuss what Kara has said to the media (newspapers, TV reports). Also, anything she said to jvk is open to be discussed.
(No posting about someone on line that you believe to be her or that poster's posts.)

“I don’t let my kids walk around outside anymore in the evening,” Kampen said. Only in the daytime, and never alone.

Kampen said this as she sold cupcakes across the street from Beerbower Park, raising money to help the Baum family.

“I couldn’t not do something,” she said. “They need the help. It’s hard to go to work when the police are telling you to stay at home all day.”

Kampen said she draws strength from Melissa Baum, Lindsey’s mother.

“She’s so hopeful, it’s an inspiration to me,” Kampen said. “Because of her, I truly believe Lindsey is alive, and just waiting to be found.”

. . . “You just don’t see kids out here anymore, when it’s still bright,” Kampen said. “You see some of the older ones, or a few on bikes, but it’s not at all like it used to be.

“It definitely doesn’t have the same feeling,” she said of the small town, population 1,500.
http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

Kampen moved to town in January from Arizona, and practically from the moment her daughter Michaela met Lindsey, they were fast friends. Brassy, sassy girls with big senses of humor, the two were practically “attached at the hip,” Kampen said.

In Arizona, no one let their kids outdoors, Kampen said. There was too much bad news. It was one of the reasons she moved to McCleary, for its wholesome atmosphere. It was a place where kids could be kids, she said.

http://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, [MK], 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with [JB], 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, [MK] said they teased [JB], getting under his skin enough so he turned around and couldn’t walk back with Lindsey. That’s something he now regrets deeply, Kampen said.

“People are saying, ‘How could they let that girl walk by herself?’ ” Kampen said. “It was still bright out. And this isn’t a dangerous place. This is McCleary.”

Kampen sighed.

Indeed, Kampen agreed that everyone who was with Lindsey the night she disappeared has already been through enough that they don’t need false information or criticism. Calling herself a glutton for punishment, Kampen has been on the Internet, in the chat rooms, where she said she has read plenty of jeremiads about her and her friends’ parenting skills.

Anything other people say, Kampen said, she and Melissa Baum have already felt.

“You can’t imagine the guilt,” Kampen said.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start listening to news videos and going back over jvk's conversation w/her. Too tired now.

I have a couple of questions:

It isn't dark at 9:15?
Why did Kampen move to this particular town?

I have a couple of questions:

It isn't dark at 9:15?
Why did Kampen move to this particular town?

BBM

I wonder also. This woman is very suspicious to me bacause of her inconsistant statements. The truth does not change. JMO

[/b]

BBM

I wonder also. This woman is very suspicious to me bacause of her inconsistant statements. The truth does not change. JMO

I have been reading her blog posts on various sites, and her forum posts on another site. Something seems very wrong with the details changing, the overall demeanor with wanting to be accepted among posters. Casting no suspicion on anyone but her blogs say she is married to a truck driver, do we know if he was in town, where was he, has he been talked too. He is what seems to me to be very absent from the details of her posts that include comments about witnesses, the reputation of Lindsey's siblings in town, etc.....

I have been reading her blog posts on various sites, and her forum posts on another site. Something seems very wrong with the details changing, the overall demeanor with wanting to be accepted among posters. Casting no suspicion on anyone but her blogs say she is married to a truck driver, do we know if he was in town, where was he, has he been talked too. He is what seems to me to be very absent from the details of her posts that include comments about witnesses, the reputation of Lindsey's siblings in town, etc.....

Hi ~ not sure if you've seen this, but it's a picture of Scott W. (Kara's "Old Man" as she calls him) from the photobucket acct of a WS'er that archives many cases. It has been reported that he took and passed the poly.

You'll have to copy and paste the link as I don't have much luck getting the direct link to work.

sorry- the link didn't translate - it's photobucket - crankycrankerson - lindsey baum - #76 of121

http://media.photobucket.com/image/lindsey%20baum/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/013-1.jpg?o=76

Hi ~ not sure if you've seen this, but it's a picture of Scott Williams (Kara's "Old Man" as she calls him) from the photobucket acct of a WS'er that archives many cases. It has been reported that he took and passed the poly.

You'll have to copy and paste the link as I don't have much luck getting the direct link to work.

sorry- the link didn't translate - it's photobucket - crankycrankerson - lindsey baum - #76 of121

http://media.photobucket.com/image/lindsey baum/crankycrankerson/Lindsey Baum/013-1.jpg?o=76

Thank you.
I am just catching up with this thread and going over some already covered territory.

I did find a RSO in Pine Arizona with the same name as stepdad, probably a coincidence, but do we know if he moved here (I am in WA) with Kara?

My hinky meter is up with this also...because of the fact the dogs didn't pick up any scent leaving the house. Then again, they didn't pick one up upon her arriving either. And I'm not an expert on search dogs. Can anyone enlighten me?

I am currently reading Mind Hunter (John Douglas - FBI pioneer in profiling serial killers) and he states that most SK's could (and some have) pass poly's...So I take anyone passing with a grain of salt...

Sorry to repeat a question, but how old are her other children? If she has a teenager, who are the friends and what were they doing that night?

Just wondering if something similar to this could have happened to Lindsey:

In a city I used to live in, there were numerous news articles about the many "tween" girls who would congregate at a downtown mall to hang out. Teenage boys and men affiliated with gangs and drugs would befriend them, and many girls were kidnapped and forced into prostitution.

Seems like gangs and drugs are invading the smaller towns now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back