Man went naked to dental appointment

Paintr

Reaction score
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2009/07/08/10063421-ap.html

Man went naked to dental appointment

STRATFORD, Conn. (AP) — Police say a Connecticut man has been arrested because he showed up at a dental office naked.

Police say 41-year-old Christopher Hoff, of Stratford, also was five days late for his appointment.

I really, really hate going to the dentist, but I have never resorted to these lengths to avoid an appointment. LOL!

How very very odd! I wonder if he suffers from some strange type of sleepwalking? It says he told the police he'd been sleeping all day. Also, why did he miss his appt 5 days earlier?
It's bad enough walking into a dentists office, I sure as heck wouldn't be more comfortable walking in nakkid!!

VB

My first thought here is Ambien, tbh...although it is a pretty hilarious story. Wonder if he walked or drove?

Alcohol must have been involved. LOL. Honestly, screamed because she saw a naked man? I would've laughed my behind off.

I think I would be a little concerned about the drill..........

My first thought here is Ambien, tbh...although it is a pretty hilarious story. Wonder if he walked or drove?

I had the same thought as you...about the Ambien. I've heard a lot of instances where people sleep walk and don't remember a thing while being on Ambien. Maybe when the receptionist screamed, he woke up. Strange, and funny...

Did LE insist that he dress before he was returned to the dental office for identification, or did the receptionist identify him as he was? LOL!

I wonder if she knew him from previous appointments. If a naked man walked into my office (unless he was a regular patient) I am not sure that I would be able to tell LE the colour of his eyes, height, ect for a good description. :blushing:

If this man had taken a sleep aid, wonder if he could sue the drug company for the humiliation and mental anguish of his arrest? Gives a whole new meaning to the 'Twinkie Defense.' LMAO!

I have a true story for you. I have worked in optical offices for 20 years. During one of my regular days at work , I had the funniest thing ever happen to the doctor I worked for at the time. He came into the back office where I was and was beat red in the face. He looked like he was having a heart attack. After he sat down and rested a minute, he was able to tell me what had happened. Then we had a huge laugh before I was sent to the back to "deal" with the situation. I walked into the room where there is a chair with arm rests and lots of machines for testing EYES. Well there sits this large african american woman who was probably in her 50's. She had her dress up, her underwear off and her legs laid over the side of the arm rests. Somehow she got the word optical and obstetrics messed up!!! I SWEAR to you this is a true story. SO I had to explain to ths poor woman (between having to stifle my laughter) that we were a Optometric office NOT an obstetrician. She got up , got dressed, and walked out with no further word. SHe never came back.

I have a true story for you. I have worked in optical offices for 20 years. During one of my regular days at work , I had the funniest thing ever happen to the doctor I worked for at the time. He came into the back office where I was and was beat red in the face. He looked like he was having a heart attack. After he sat down and rested a minute, he was able to tell me what had happened. Then we had a huge laugh before I was sent to the back to "deal" with the situation. I walked into the room where there is a chair with arm rests and lots of machines for testing EYES. Well there sits this large african american woman who was probably in her 50's. She had her dress up, her underwear off and her legs laid over the side of the arm rests. Somehow she got the word optical and obstetrics messed up!!! I SWEAR to you this is a true story. SO I had to explain to ths poor woman (between having to stifle my laughter) that we were a Optometric office NOT an obstetrician. She got up , got dressed, and walked out with no further word. SHe never came back.

Wow! I know you'll never forget that experience. If I were her, I'd never want to show my face again...unreal. Funny story...I'll have to share that.

I am laughing so hard that I scared the cat!I feel for the poor doctor. Bet that was his most memorable eye exam ever. LOL! Also bet he never sent it in to Reader's Digest. :blushing:

She "identified" him, huh? Must have been an interesting set of "Distinguishing Characteristics."

OMG....How funny!! Was she dilated?? Her eyes!! Her eyes!! You knew what I meant! :shocked2:

That would be my guess too. My sister was taking Ambien and she woke up while she was vacuuming the living room. She said she has also rearranged furniture while being asleep.

I told her she could sleepwalk over to my house and vacuum anytime she pleased. :p

That would be my guess too. My sister was taking Ambien and she woke up while she was vacuuming the living room. She said she has also rearranged furniture while being asleep.

I told her she could sleepwalk over to my house and vacuum anytime she pleased. :p

Well, the name is a clue there - Ambian = Amble... Not a good sign for a sleeping drug.

OK, sorry but a little O/T here..I thought Ambien just HELPED you GET to sleep. I didn't know it kept you asleep for extended periods of time. I was going to ask my Doc for some, but now I'm scared. God forbid I walk ANYWHERE nekkid!!

I hope all the stories about ambien doesn't cause it to be banned. It really helped me, but a person needs to take it and go straight to bed and stay there.

If he sleepwalked, did anyone see him on the way to the dentist? It would have been obvious to the naked eye that he had no clothes on and somebody would presumably have screamed before the receptionist did.

I hope all the stories about ambien doesn't cause it to be banned. It really helped me, but a person needs to take it and go straight to bed and stay there.

Yes, but my sister would take it right before she went to bed and she still sleepwalked. She has even sleep dialed. She called my house one night close to midnight and left a message telling me my own address and phone number. When I called her the next day and told her about it, she had no idea she had called.

Come to think of it, that part might come in handy. You could call people up and tell them off and then claim it was the Ambien. lol :crazy:

Oh my! I really wish they WOULD take ambien off the market (JMO) I took it several years ago. Took it and went straight to bed....then sometime during the night my husband found me cleaning the French doors (all glass) with WD-40!! You have any idea how hard that sh** was to get off later...?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back