OH - Dorothy Richardson for beating fawn to death, Euclid, 2009

My computer won't load the video, but I hope they charge her with animal cruelty! There are wild life rehabbers everywhere and she could have had someone come get the poor thing instead of killing it. Defending herself?! WTH could a fawn do?

So, I have to ask. What would possess a woman to take a shovel to a 25 pound, two foot tall fawn, and kill it??? Wide eyes looking at her?? Omg, the poor thing was terrified! My thinking is that she got tired of deer and other critters eating her garden and took it out on a helpless baby deer.This woman has some very serious control issues. She is NOT as sweet as she looks. I can guarantee that. *itch.

What's next?! I can see her next excuse...there were these kids and they were playing catch and I feared for my life so I beat them with a shovel. I don't care how old this monster is throw her in jail for animal cruelty!!! It was only a baby, not even able to stand and run away!

I'm not going to watch it.

Not sure if she would actually attack a child, but I would tell my kids to stay far away from her yard.

She is a sick woman and has taken her "independence" to a level of defiance that is scary. I wish someone could show her how to "defend" her yard from the deer without this violence -- that is if she would let them.

Can't watch it either - going to believe she is mentally ill and move on...MJ's Memorial was enough for me for the week.

The video is just one of an interview with this woman. No dead fawns are shown.

So, I have to ask. What would possess a woman to take a shovel to a 25 pound, two foot tall fawn, and kill it??? Wide eyes looking at her?? Omg, the poor thing was terrified! My thinking is that she got tired of deer and other critters eating her garden and took it out on a helpless baby deer.This woman has some very serious control issues. She is NOT as sweet as she looks. I can guarantee that. *itch.

See, that's the thing; was she scared or angry? Hard to conceive of someone being scared of a fawn. (Fawn? No. Deer? Yes.) Maybe the deer have been eating all her plants (They do mine.) So she was angry at all deerkind. In which case, her actions are inexcusable, because she had other options to keep deer away.

But maybe she's one of those people who are freaked out by all animals, especially ones she happens to come upon unexpectedly in her suburban yard. Maybe when she comes upon an animal in her garden she beats first, asks questions later out of panic.

I don't think this story would tear at our heartstrings so much if she'd beaten a less adorable creature like a possum or an armadillo or a snake.

I feel for the fawn, I really do. But I kind of feel for this little old lady going it alone and trying to tend to everything herself, too, as she loses her abilities.

If I were ever charged with killing a fawn, I would expect to recieve punishment to the full extent of the law.

I wonder how long I would get for petting a fawn to death? :waitasec:

Poor thing. It never had a chance. She saw an evil monster? I saw Bambi. :(

See, that's the thing; was she scared or angry? Hard to conceive of someone being scared of a fawn. (Fawn? No. Deer? Yes.) Maybe the deer have been eating all her plants (They do mine.) So she was angry at all deerkind. In which case, her actions are inexcusable, because she had other options to keep deer away.

But maybe she's one of those people who are freaked out by all animals, especially ones she happens to come upon unexpectedly in her suburban yard. Maybe when she comes upon an animal in her garden she beats first, asks questions later out of panic.

I don't think this story would tear at our heartstrings so much if she'd beaten a less adorable creature like a possum or an armadillo or a snake.

I feel for the fawn, I really do. But I kind of feel for this little old lady going it alone and trying to tend to everything herself, too, as she loses her abilities.

I'm with you on this 100%, Steadfast. I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the level of venom being directed towards this elderly lady, although, like you, I feel for the fawn as well.

I saw the interview on local tv, because it happened near where I live.
I have absolutely, absolutely NO sympathy for this woman. (She'll use the "age" card here, how feeble and defenseless she was). She wasn't so defenseless with that shovel. She hit it several times. Then "hid" it in a cardboard box.

Good post, Steadfast.

I will only add that although I grew up running barefoot in the Everglades, I spent my entire adult life in large cities.

Now that I live in a small town surrounded by wildlife protection areas, I have to admit I am rather freaked out at the animals I encounter in my yard.

So I when I am surprised by one, I turn around and go back inside. I don't beat it with a shovel.

(SNIPPED by STEADFAST)
So I when I am surprised by one, I turn around and go back inside. I don't beat it with a shovel.

Well, I don't either! For one thing, when I'm out in my yard I don't have a shovel handy. I might toss my drink at it and run, though.

The little old lady is lucky she wasn't attacked by the fawn's mother. The fawns around here are always accompanied.

Well, I don't either! For one thing, when I'm out in my yard I don't have a shovel handy. I might toss my drink at it and run, though.

The little old lady is lucky she wasn't attacked by the fawn's mother. The fawns around here are always accompanied.

Maybe that's why the deer keep coming back. They like whatever it is you're drinking. :)

It was going to bite her head off???

Deer around here are vegetarian. Not sure what the Pentagon experiments have been doing down there.

And, personally, I am disgusted when someone beats ANY animal to death, even the "non-cuddly" ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back