GUILTY SC - Heather 'Brooke' Center, 8, murdered, Spartanburg County, 8 July 2009

Openmind

Reaction score
http://www.wyff4.com/news/19994824/detail.html

Witnesses said when Center got out of the car, Blackwell grabbed the child, put her in a headlock and shot her four times, killing her.

"He said something to the effect of, 'Maybe you'll hurt like I'm hurting,' and shot the girl four times," said Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright.

Three other children and a teenager witnessed the shooting, police said.

Omg, only 8 years old. Unbelievably sad story but thank you for posting.

Another sad story that happened in Upstate South Carolina. Have some people gone completely crazy?

Please God, let Ricky Blackwell survive so he can be judged here on earth...but if you'd rather just send him straight to hell that would be fine too. Amen

I'm surprised he didn't shoot his estranged wife as well, when they were getting out of the car. There were other children there who also were in danger.

Looks like he only took his rage out on the 8 y/o daughter of his wife's boyfriend.

I'm shocked and saddened by this story.

This is stunning.

"This can't be real," said Blackwell's relative, Royanne Thompson. "This can't happen. This didn't happen."

I totally understand that statement.

I'm surprised he didn't shoot his estranged wife as well, when they were getting out of the car. There were other children there who also were in danger.

Looks like he only took his rage out on the 8 y/o daughter of his wife's boyfriend.

I'm shocked and saddened by this story.

I guess he wanted his ex-wife to live with the memory of what he had done, to inflict as much pain as possible.

Cruel *advertiser censored*.

I guess he wanted his ex-wife to live with the memory of what he had done, to inflict as much pain as possible.

Cruel *advertiser censored*.

Maybe he was also wanting his estranged wife's boyfriend to suffer the most. It was this man's daughter he shot four times. I would call that jealous rage in this violent murder.

His photo in the news article way above, he even looks to me like he's either drugged up or mentally "not all there". JMO

Very cruel imo ... and cowardly :mad: .

What a shame!! Another child taken from this earth WAY before her time to shine and live life. This case is a lil different than the baby/child killing mothers, but he is a father?? WTF??? WHY are these parents taking their frustratiions and anger out on these innocent babies?

Hold your child tight tonight and give them a BIG hug!! I tell my children I love them all the time. Probably too much, but I figure who could be looved tooo much?? My prayers go out to the parents and family of young Brooke. :blowkiss:

What a shame!! Another child taken from this earth WAY before her time to shine and live life. This case is a lil different than the baby/child killing mothers, but he is a father?? WTF??? WHY are these parents taking their frustratiions and anger out on these innocent babies?

Hold your child tight tonight and give them a BIG hug!! I tell my children I love them all the time. Probably too much, but I figure who could be looved tooo much?? My prayers go out to the parents and family of young Brooke. :blowkiss:

Our children are so precious and innocent.

I don't want to imagine the fear and pain she suffered after this monster grabbed her in a headlock.

The OP's link has been updated to state they will seek the dealth penalty in this crime.

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- The Seventh Circuit Solicitor will seek the death penalty for a man accused of shooting and killing an 8-year-old girl Wednesday afternoon."

OMG!!! Each day I think the news cannot be any worse, and then I read this. Pure, cold-blooded murder of an innocent child. No punishment, including the death penalty, could ever really be enough for this crime. Maybe death is too good as a punishment - keeping him alive and sentenced to something really miserable.... problem is I cannot think of just what that would be. Unbelievable - if I were that child's mother I could not stop myself from killing him. Lord, please help the family of this little girl, and all who are affected by this senseless crime to find the strength they need to cope with this tragedy.

Ricky Blackwell = the lowest on the planet. What a cowardly piece of crap this excuse for a human being is!!!! I would love to have 10 minutes alone in a room with him, but I fear that would not be enough time. I would like to impress on him how the rest of the world sees him - a cowardly little excuse of a man who murders an innocent child to get even with someone. Rot in He!! you piece of crap....rot in He!!.

RIP little girl. It's a sorrowful shame he didn't die. Now the state will have to spend $$$ on a trial and keeping him alive and well in prison for who knows how long.

I agree it is horrible. He deserves the DP. :furious::furious:

RIP Brooke. May the other children and her family find peace and comfort soon.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but was this little girl with her father's girlfriend and going to swim with the ex-husband at the time? WTH?

I would think that would be rubbing his face in it to bring along the boyfriend's child and I could see where the anger may have begun. (Of course, nothing warranted what he did!)

OK This explains it better. She was going to Blackwell's daughter's house which is next door to his house (doesn't say it is her daughter, too). Still, it is rather risky if he was upset with the situation to begin with and she shows up with another man's child that she is dating. I don't feel the little girl should have ever been put in that position.

Deputies said the incident started about 3 p.m. on Wednesday when Blackwell's estranged wife, Angela, and the daughter of her new boyfriend arrived at a home at 244 Ridings Road in the Cooley Springs community.

The home is next door to the residence of Ricky Blackwell and belongs to his daughter and her husband.

The child, Heather Brooke Center, who went by the name Brooke, planned to swim and play with friends at the home.

The barbarian in me is coming out. The DP is too good for some people. This one I'd like to see staked out over an ant bed.

Ricky Blackwell = the lowest on the planet. What a cowardly piece of crap this excuse for a human being is!!!! I would love to have 10 minutes alone in a room with him, but I fear that would not be enough time. I would like to impress on him how the rest of the world sees him - a cowardly little excuse of a man who murders an innocent child to get even with someone. Rot in He!! you piece of crap....rot in He!!.

Yes he is!!! And the coward wasn't tough enough to shoot himself fatally. In a way, Im glad he is still alive to get rough justice in prison, but unfortunately, he will get the DP and be protected 4ever = NO JUSTICE!!!!! :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back