695 users online (84 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Heather 'Brooke' Center, 8, murdered, Spartanburg County, 8 July 2009

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19994824/detail.html

Witnesses said when Center got out of the car, Blackwell grabbed the child, put her in a headlock and shot her four times, killing her.

"He said something to the effect of, 'Maybe you'll hurt like I'm hurting,' and shot the girl four times," said Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright.

Three other children and a teenager witnessed the shooting, police said.

Omg, only 8 years old. Unbelievably sad story but thank you for posting.

Another sad story that happened in Upstate South Carolina. Have some people gone completely crazy?

Please God, let Ricky Blackwell survive so he can be judged here on earth...but if you'd rather just send him straight to hell that would be fine too. Amen

I am stunned at the selfish cruelty of this crime.

I'm surprised he didn't shoot his estranged wife as well, when they were getting out of the car. There were other children there who also were in danger.

Looks like he only took his rage out on the 8 y/o daughter of his wife's boyfriend.

I'm shocked and saddened by this story.

This is stunning.

"This can't be real," said Blackwell's relative, Royanne Thompson. "This can't happen. This didn't happen."
    I totally understand that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    I'm surprised he didn't shoot his estranged wife as well, when they were getting out of the car. There were other children there who also were in danger.

Looks like he only took his rage out on the 8 y/o daughter of his wife's boyfriend.

I'm shocked and saddened by this story.
    I guess he wanted his ex-wife to live with the memory of what he had done, to inflict as much pain as possible.

Cruel bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by pearseha View Post
    I guess he wanted his ex-wife to live with the memory of what he had done, to inflict as much pain as possible.

Cruel bastard.
    Maybe he was also wanting his estranged wife's boyfriend to suffer the most. It was this man's daughter he shot four times. I would call that jealous rage in this violent murder.

His photo in the news article way above, he even looks to me like he's either drugged up or mentally "not all there". JMO

Very cruel imo ... and cowardly .
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

http://news14.com/content/local_news...d/Default.aspx

Here's another link from today.

This news article also identifies the little girl as Heather Brooke Center.

More information at link.
    Last edited by bogeygal; 07-09-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: eta

What a shame!! Another child taken from this earth WAY before her time to shine and live life. This case is a lil different than the baby/child killing mothers, but he is a father?? WTF??? WHY are these parents taking their frustratiions and anger out on these innocent babies?

Hold your child tight tonight and give them a BIG hug!! I tell my children I love them all the time. Probably too much, but I figure who could be looved tooo much?? My prayers go out to the parents and family of young Brooke.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chicogirl36 View Post
    What a shame!! Another child taken from this earth WAY before her time to shine and live life. This case is a lil different than the baby/child killing mothers, but he is a father?? WTF??? WHY are these parents taking their frustratiions and anger out on these innocent babies?

Hold your child tight tonight and give them a BIG hug!! I tell my children I love them all the time. Probably too much, but I figure who could be looved tooo much?? My prayers go out to the parents and family of young Brooke.
    Our children are so precious and innocent.

I don't want to imagine the fear and pain she suffered after this monster grabbed her in a headlock.

The OP's link has been updated to state they will seek the dealth penalty in this crime.

"SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- The Seventh Circuit Solicitor will seek the death penalty for a man accused of shooting and killing an 8-year-old girl Wednesday afternoon."

http://www.wyff4.com/news/19994824/detail.html

OMG!!! Each day I think the news cannot be any worse, and then I read this. Pure, cold-blooded murder of an innocent child. No punishment, including the death penalty, could ever really be enough for this crime. Maybe death is too good as a punishment - keeping him alive and sentenced to something really miserable.... problem is I cannot think of just what that would be. Unbelievable - if I were that child's mother I could not stop myself from killing him. Lord, please help the family of this little girl, and all who are affected by this senseless crime to find the strength they need to cope with this tragedy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast