1246 users online (284 members and 962 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

ID - Man sets co-worker on fire in Pocatello

My precious nephew is the victim in this case

http://www.fox12idaho.com/global/story.asp?s=10621885

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?s=10621839

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/art...t#blogcomments

PLEASE NOTE: Despite some misinformation, these two men had NOT engaged in this sort of horse-play. It is my understanding that they had only been working together for a short time.

Flourish, I am so sorry! My prayers to him and to your family.
    Happy New Years

Flourish - please accept my thoughts and prayers for your nephew and family. I hope he is recovering without incident, and continues to progress to complete healing.

Flourish, I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Flourish, I join the others in wishing your nephew and your family the best. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Flourish, I am so sorry for your nephew and your family. What a nut the co-worker is.

Of course the "horseplay" comment came from the perp himself. Shame on the media for not taking what a perp says with a grain of salt and realize that perps always paint themselves in a positive light. It's always the victim's fault somehow.

Horseplaying reports disputed

(snip)
    According to Pocatello Police Lt. Kenneth Linn, during police interviews, Ulrich stated that such horseplay had been committed before, but that no one was ever hurt. Two local television stations reported that comment, but did not attribute it to Ulrich. The alleged victim disputes those accounts.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Flourish, thanks for posting this.

I'm so sorry your nephew got burned by what sounds like some "psycho dude". Burns are so dreadfully painful and there's not much that can be done to ease that pain. I hope & pray that your nephew is on his way to a speedy and full recovery.
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

Thank you for all your support. My nephew is hanging in there...he's still in horrible pain, but I just thank the powers that be that he survived and will be okay. He'll have some serious scars, but at least they are in areas that are often covered with clothing. The poor kid can't even hold his 9-month old son, though, which has been very tough on both of them, as well as putting extra strain on my nephew's wife.

I appreciate everyone's support and words of kindness. I sent eloquent but flaming emails to the three main news stations who reported the misinformation, and reminded them that good journalism includes providing sources for their information, not just stating harmful allegations with no factual support.

I'll keep ya'll updated on his condition...I don't live there so I haven't got to see him yet. I'm planning a trip by the end of the summer, though, and can't wait to hug him (gently)!
    flourish

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Of course the "horseplay" comment came from the perp himself. Shame on the media for not taking what a perp says with a grain of salt and realize that perps always paint themselves in a positive light. It's always the victim's fault somehow.

Horseplaying reports disputed

(snip)
    According to Pocatello Police Lt. Kenneth Linn, during police interviews, Ulrich stated that such horseplay had been committed before, but that no one was ever hurt. Two local television stations reported that comment, but did not attribute it to Ulrich. The alleged victim disputes those accounts.
    SuziQ,
    Thank you for including this important information. If you want to, you can go to that link and read the comments at the bottom...bet you can figure which ones are mine right away