FL FL - Sabrina Aisenberg, 5 months, Valrico, 24 Nov 1997

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
Has there been ANY new leads in this case?

We still lived in Fl when this happened and it was just assumed the parents were involved and I know LE had tapes of a wiretrap that they claimed you could hear the Mother yelling at the Father about Sabrina being "hurt" (As far as I can recollect LE thinks that the Father,who had a coke problem as well as financial problems,killed Sabrina "on accident" and then the Mother conspired w/ him to cover it up and stage a kiddnapping-which wasnt too convincing)but I haven't heard anything in years (I think either DateLine or 48 Hours did a show about it but its so far back I cant remember!)and cant belive there still has no been no further info or news.

does anyone recall the case of the disappearance of baby sabrina from her tampa home? she was ostensibly stolen from upscale home while parents slept. her parents came under suspicion but so far, years later, no-one has been charged and she's never been found. i have always been of the opinion that the parents are involved . it reminds me of another infamous case discussed here at WS in some ways.i wonder if WS could bring attention to this case once again, bring it back into public consciousness.

hello...this is weird...i had sabrina on my mind today also. and posted a thread in the parking lot, i had not seen your thread. the case reminds me in some aspects of the Ramsey case. sorry, did not mean to step on your thread!!! :doh:

strangely enough, i posted this without knowing messiecake had posted the same case in 'cold cases'...my apologies messiecake!! please see messiecake's post in cold cases.

messiecake said:
Has there been ANY new leads in this case?

We still lived in Fl when this happened and it was just assumed the parents were involved and I know LE had tapes of a wiretrap that they claimed you could hear the Mother yelling at the Father about Sabrina being "hurt" (As far as I can recollect LE thinks that the Father,who had a coke problem as well as financial problems,killed Sabrina "on accident" and then the Mother conspired w/ him to cover it up and stage a kiddnapping-which wasnt too convincing)but I haven't heard anything in years (I think either DateLine or 48 Hours did a show about it but its so far back I cant remember!)and cant belive there still has no been no further info or news.

The WIRE TAPS WERE PROVEN A FRAUD. Aisenbergs won a huge settlement against authorities, etc... and Judge stated that there was NO incriminating statements on the wire taps whatsoever and the LE involved should be ashamed for defrauding the courts to receive a continual wire tap & other warrants, etc.

The Aisenbergs were for the most, vindicated through all of this. Sabrina is on my mind a great deal as I have a daughter the same age. She's just finishing grade one now and this story stayed with me. I do believe someone stole Sabrina. There are many cases where children have been kidnapped right out of their homes. There were several, SEVERAL break and enters within a 2 block radius in the month prior to Sabrina's disapperance and ALL families had babies in the home. ALL of them. There was a witness late at night who heard a baby crying behind his bushes/trees leading to a highway, cops would not believe him. There were numerous witnesses that saw a woman at an airport with a child Sabrina's age. The baby kept pushing away from this person the whole flight and crying constantly.

There's much more but that's a quick update for now. I am appalled at the way this family has been treated and how they have been made to look guilty immediately with other evidence including a footprint of a boot on a baby blanket on the floor and a unknown fingerprint on their sliding glass doors leading out to the same row of trees that lead to the highway. I can't imagine how these people feel. But I believe them if that means anything.

Look at the lady that found her daughter (assumed dead child) at a birthday party a few months ago. There are about 10 other cases of child kidnapping right out of their beds that I can think of off the top of my head.

Well, enough said. As you can see I'm passionate about this one. BTW, it was also proven that Steve never had a drug problem at all.

I think about Baby Sabrina often.

How can the parents be dismissed as suspects?

How many babies go missing every year? Think of the people who move from town to town.

I bow to you, oh cloud of blueness :clap:

I must say this to anyone who happens by, as you have given me a HUGE open door to do so. In working with LE daily, I rarely get anyone who is responsive, period.

I am about to have to make an emergency flight, it seems, to appear before a grand jury in a case that was very well publicized and completely bungled from the get go. LE assumes, often times wrongly, that people in a family are involved. ALL options should be pursued. Ask John Walsh how much precious time was WASTED on he and Reve while the animal who took their son was escaping with that boy?? Or ask Robert Cooke how many people in LE told him his daughter was grown and she would "show up" eventually?? Ask any family whose adult loved one is missing, how long did it take for LE to do anything??? We are talking about an innocent little baby, and they still screwed it up.

BlueClouds, you are right on the money on this one. I am SICK to death of people accusing the family, in any case. AND, I am SICK to death of people asking irrelevant questions. AND, I am SICK to death of people acting like they want to help a family and doing NOTHING. AND, I am SICK to death of people taking advantage of the most vulnerable in society, the families of the missing, lost and abducted. And one more thing, there is no such thing as CLOSURE, in any case, ever, so please quit using that word. Ask the families of a missing loved one, or a family whose lives have been torn about by crime. They know it best, nothing is ever CLOSED in their lives again. That's a media spin, and it's CRAP.

And, if anyone has anything to say about that, I can bring in plenty of family members who read and post on these boards, and they will tell you what I just said is true.

Don't assume anything, ever. Don't turn your back on your children, ever. It only takes two seconds for someone to nab your child. It takes a lifetime to deal with it, if you can. No matter what a persons lifestyle is or is not, in your opinion, the ONLY person responsible for the abduction and/or murder of anyone is the sick *advertiser censored*(s) that took and/or harmed them. We all make mistakes, that does not make a family member somehow "responsible" for a sicko taking their child. Got it? Before anyone blames anyone of anything, I highly suggest you get a mirror and get your life straight. Once you have pulled a tree trunk out of your eye, maybe then you can look for splinters in other peoples eyes. I will be the first to tell you I am not perfect. If you think what I just said is wrong, please find the post where I am insulting a family, or asking stupid irrelevant questions of a family, or offering to help a family and NOT doing it. Please show that to me, and I will kiss a dern pig.

God bless you, blueclouds, for defending those who are defenseless. XO

For Donna, For Rachel, For Jason, For Elaine, For everyone who has ever been taken or harmed, I pray for answers and justice, and soon.
Lanie, a victim of crime who never found "closure"
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

I've wondered why I haven't seen or heard much said about Sabrina on forums or on television. I believe one suspicion was that the parents might have sold her.

txsvicki said:
I've wondered why I haven't seen or heard much said about Sabrina on forums or on television. I believe one suspicion was that the parents might have sold her.

OMG! Nothing's imposible these days ... but geeez!

clearly this case can arouse the same intensity as the Jonbenet case. the Aisenbergs did get 'lucky' vis-a-vis legal errors, technicalities, lousy audio tape. and i was wondering how a person knows there are no 'unknown' fingerprints in their home? we are all entitled to our opinions of course. this case appears to have struck a deep emotional chord in WASBLIND . i am more pragmatic in my view of the case. LE training and experience tends to make one look more objectively and less emotionally. and i certainly don't get my opinions from the media. i hope one day this mystery will be solved.i guess we can agree on that.

it seems that there are two discussions about this case, one in COLD CASES. can they be moved together on one thread? if not, check cold cases.

Linda ,
You and I were on the same wavelength it seems!! :clap:

deputylinda said:
clearly this case can arouse the same intensity as the Jonbenet case. the Aisenbergs did get 'lucky' vis-a-vis legal errors, technicalities, lousy audio tape. and i was wondering how a person knows there are no 'unknown' fingerprints in their home? we are all entitled to our opinions of course. this case appears to have struck a deep emotional chord in WASBLIND . i am more pragmatic in my view of the case. LE training and experience tends to make one look more objectively and less emotionally. and i certainly don't get my opinions from the media. i hope one day this mystery will be solved.i guess we can agree on that.

Yup. we can agree on that. I hope one day it is :)

I had no idea the Parents sued LE and won (the last info I had is what I printed so sorry if it was outdated/wrong).I just have heard no new info and was making an innocent inquiry as like I said,I lived in Fl when this happened and have tried to keep up w/ the case.

I dont think its anyones intention on here to wrongly disparage any family of a missing child but we must all agree that theres parents who are victims and parents who are the victimizers and LE has a difficult job to do and the media can either be a help or a hurt (when Sabrina's parents were the main suspects ,it was all over the news,but nothing about the judgement was widely reported and the whole case dropped off the radar).

Id love nothing more than for Sabrina to be found,healthy and happy,somewhere and wont rule that out until theres concrete evidence otherwise .

i wish i knew how to provide links so this discussion could be informed and accurate. note, the charges on aisenbergs were for obstruction of justice, not direct charges in sabrina's disappearance. i do know tampa LE and the feds consider the parents highly suspect. the parents live in maryland last i knew. does anyone have more information?

messiecake said:
Linda ,
You and I were on the same wavelength it seems!! :clap:
yes...strange isn't it? i thank moderator for joining the threads. and hope the discussion goes on. i guess searching the tampa tribune archives could help. if i didn't have to go work 12 hours i'd go read! well messiecake, great minds think alike! :D

deputylinda said:
i wish i knew how to provide links so this discussion could be informed and accurate. note, the charges on aisenbergs were for obstruction of justice, not direct charges in sabrina's disappearance. i do know tampa LE and the feds consider the parents highly suspect. the parents live in maryland last i knew. does anyone have more information?

Providing links is very easy: simply go to the website that contains the information you want to link and look at the top where the address of the website your wanting to link is listed and copy and paste it here!

Im going to try to research this today as Im still interested in knowing what went on/whats going on today.
I see this is a sensitive subject and ,despite my "gut feeling".Im trying to keep an open mind.

Linda: Didnt LE trace Sabrina,using dogs,to the boat dock nearby the house?

No its not a joke...........I belive the "West Memphis 3" case to be one of the biggest miscarriages of justice in our nation.

I know its a real touchy subject but I truly belive (after alot of research,I started as a fence sitter leaning towards they Pro's) that they are innocent
and at the very least even if youre doubtful you must admit there is far too much resaonable doubt and this case deserves a second look.

http://www.karisable.com/sabrina.htm

Found a few different sites but this has a nice overview of the case with links(includ.one to a Sabrina site).

From what Ive read so far today (which seems like the same info from years ago) the family was suspected from the get go as they lawyered up right away and the way the house was (no visible signs of forced entry,no disturbance of the dog.the family claims they heard nothing/they left the door open etc).
They had only one LE interview the day they reported Sabrina missing and refused any further interviews after that (they gave lots of media interviews/appearances however) and were very critical of LE (esp. after the dogs were brought out and they picked up Sabrina's scent at the dock-I was right about that!).{EDIT TO ADD:}The parents also refused to take a lie detector.

I haven't read through the lawsuit yet but from what I can tell after scanning over it the family has never been cleared and no other leads panned out (according to LE) and since the lawsuit was settled the family did leave FL and hasnt been very public in looking for Sabrina.

Disturbing anyway you look at it.
Either LE made a big mistake or the Parents did it,neither are "nice" choices.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back