Seventeen Seconds' Visit To The Bear Festival - 11 July 2009

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Seventeen Seconds went to the Bear Festival in McCleary and was gracious enough to take photos! Thanks, Seventeen!!

Seventeenseconds, you might want to remove the personal pictures that really don't have anything to do with McCleary. This is a public forum, you never know who is looking at them and possibly stealing them.
:)

okay..so i talked my 19 yo daughter and her bf to go with me...as soon as we pulled into mccleary there was a woman handing out Lindsey flyers. we went to the grocery store and parked. we then walked over to the .50-5.00 store...right next to the video store. on the counter was a donation jar for Lindsey...as well as one in the grocery store. we then walked to the park where the bear festivities were set up and saw a ball game going on..i dont know if it was a coincedence , but there were LOTS of parents holding their kids hands....we saw komo4 news there with the bear festival in the background...no police around that i saw...i heard that there would be alot of police out today...i didnt see one...we went and drove around the area where Lindsey "walked"...and you wouldnt believe some of the "hiding places" that are in thar town...from old refrigerators to junk cars to broken down barns...and lots of trailers junk etc. drove by the jewelers and the Beehive retirement home....my kids started to get creeped out and we left

It is good to see that Subway has a "Hope and Pray" on their sign now.

What time were you there, seventeenseconds? We noticed quite a bit of police walking all around the crowds after the parade...around 1:00.
It was good to see Lindsey's mom and dad there, wearing matching red shirts. Her little brother Josh rode his bike in the parade and handed out candy. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for them trying to do something "normal" when their lives are turned upside down. There were quite a few signs and yellow ribbons on the floats in honor of Lindsey.

Great job, 17Seconds!! Love the photos!! It sounds like you made the rounds...even if you missed the bar. LOL

I am really surprised at seeing no police presence in the area since they were so vocal about being out and about in McCleary for the Bear Festival. :mad: Unless they went undercover (which I doubt), they must have meant..."We are going to have a couple of policemen hanging out at the station so drop by to let us interview you in case you may have seen something." instead.

Thank you, seventeenseconds! Great pics! I can see where there would be hiding places. In some of your pics I could see areas with a lot of trees. Is the area behind Lindsey's house an area heavy with trees? TIA.

It is so hard for some reason for me not to call it the "Beer" Festival instead of Bear. LOL

There are pockets of woodsy areas everywhere it seems. Look at this photo which goes from Beerbower Park (there is the word Beer again!) at the bridge and you can see what I mean. Lindsey's house sits across the street and to the left a few houses down in the second photo (can't be seen in the photos tho).

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - JVK's Trips To McCleary, WA

SS:

She really could have done a diagonal just to walk through the park and out of it ending up right in front of her house. And that bridge is creepy.

Is there a grassy hill in the park with a path up it?

The pitcher's mound? LOL Actually, I don't know. The map makes it appear to be pretty flat, but that can be so deceiving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back