Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just reviewing old stuff, came across this and couldn't help but notice:
Bold is mine

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/1995christmasnewsletter.htm

John and Patsy Ramsey 1995 Christmas Newsletter

Twas a week before Christmas with a million things to do, And wouldn't you know it, Mom came down with the flu. Fortunately the gifts were all gotten and under the tree, But the Christmas cards didn't make it - as you can well see! So we'll take this opportunity to extend the Holiday Cheer. And be the first to wish you a Healthy & Happy New Year!

We've finally given in to the computerized form letter! What better way to keep the high-tech industry in business!? Speaking of business, John and Access are going great guns. Europe has been successfully conquered with offices in every country except Norway! Mexico & Canada opened too. (Can you believe this grew out of our garage on Northridge?) Anyway, John was rewarded by parent company, Lockheed-Martin, by being elected an office of the company.

All work and no play make John a dull boy, so he leaves plenty of time for the latter. This year John, John Andrew, and Melinda took the crew of the Miss America (our sailing sloop) to victories in the NOOD Races in Chicago and a 4th place division finish of the Chicago-Mackinac Island Race. Seventy-knot winds in the Mac race really made the finish line look pretty good! John Andrew is a freshman at CU here in Boulder, and Melinda is due to complete her Nursing Degree from MCG [Medical College of Georgia] in Augusta next June.

Burke is busy in his third grade year at a new school named High Peaks. It is a Core Knowledge school which accesses high academics and personal achievement. He loves it! He continues with Boy Scouting and the piano. This winter he is the tallest guy on his basketball team. Summer on Charlevoix was spent taking golf and sailing lessons each day. Burke is quite the sailor!

JonBenet too had a busy summer in Charlevoix. She was crowned Little Miss Charlevoix in a pageant in June and spent the rest of the summer riding in convertibles in various home-town parades throughout Michigan. She performed a patriotic tap & song for her talent. She and Burke both won ribbons in several decorated bicycle contests. In October, JonBenet become Little Miss Colorado, she rode on the "Good Ship Lollipop" float during the Boulder Christmas parade. (Grandpa Paugh built the float!) She waved and sang all along the parade route! She also takes piano, violin, and drama classes. Busy little Pre-kindergartener![sic] (Busy Mom hauling her around!)

I continue to have good check-ups at NIH in Bethesda, MD. God has surely blessed me with energy and the ability to return to raising a family. I thank Him every morning when I wake up and see the sunrise reflecting on the Flatirons over Boulder. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

Hope your Christmas was merry and here's to 1996! By the time you read this we'll be cheering on the Buffs at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas and then on to the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix! Thanks to everyone who visited us in Colorado or Charlevoix this year. Please come see us in 1996! Love to you all!

The Ramseys

So, back in 1995 they have already given in to "computers". Didn't they claim to be computer illiterate and not at all familiar with the web, etc.?

Europe has been CONQUERED?????

Interesting that John, Melinda and JAR went without the rest of the family. Not so odd by itself, but I couldn't help but wonder why they wouldn't at least take Burke as he had become quite the sailor. AND.... they brought them VICTORIES

Burke is quite the sailor..........knots included?

Notice JBR's itinerary that summer? All of 4-5 years old? Spent her summers taking violin, drama and piano lessons? IN ADDITION to being in almost every parade, float and convertible. SICK!

Grandpa Paugh seems to be pretty handy too. Notice that?

Here's to "1996" (If you want to see 1997?)

Hmmmm

:waitasec:

" God has surely blessed me..." "I thank him every morning..."

Psalms 50:14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the most high.

116:12 How can I repay the Lord for all His kindness to me?

116:17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you.

Barbara, I think you should be sensitive to things related to religious beliefs when looking over the case.

But the Christmas cards didn't make it - as you can well see!

Seems the 1995 cards were late getting out as were the 1996. Perhaps that was just a belated habit.

One thing that I will say is that NO self-respecting sailor "can't" do knots. I have to laugh at posters who support John Ramsey in his feigned ignorance of knot tying. It is ESSENTIAL to know the basics if you are going to sail in earnest - and John Ramsey took part in races. He's even supposed to have built a boat for heaven's sake. How did he manage the rigging if he can't tie knots? It's a basic necessity on a sailboat.

Poppycock.

Barbara said:
Notice JBR's itinerary that summer? All of 4-5 years old? Spent her summers taking violin, drama and piano lessons? IN ADDITION to being in almost every parade, float and convertible. SICK!

:waitasec:

On a TV show or in an article a former teacher described JB as "very bright". By the beginning of that summer, she as probably 2 years ahead of the average child. and by her birthday would have been past a 7 year old level.
Doing these activities for an hour or 2 a week doesn't sound too bad.

vicktor said:
On a TV show or in an article a former teacher described JB as "very bright". By the beginning of that summer, she as probably 2 years ahead of the average child. and by her birthday would have been past a 7 year old level.

Being "very bright" may be true for JBR, as she was verbally outgoing, was extremely curious and precocious. However, academically, she was nowhere near 2 years ahead of the average. If anything, she was a little below average as reportedly she couldn't read nor write up to the level expected of a six year old. Now this doesn't mean she wasn't smart, etc. (don't want people hollering at me), but academia wasn't her strong point. At one time, there were some samples of her writing, which was really poor for her age and it was reported that Burke had to read to her.

Let me guess Vicktor, you don't have kids??? :) JBR was taking violin, drama and piano lessons. Granted, we don't know how many times per week, but for argument sake, we'll go for ONCE per week and give them the benefit of the doubt. 3 lessons at 1-2 hours each per week (and that's for only once per week). That's approximately six hours per week and likely 3 different days of the week.

Now, take into consideration all the primping and rehearsing and preparing for all her parades, contests, etc. that she was busy with all week and what was left? Not too much time for kid stuff.

Even if all these activities only took up a couple of hours per day, that means that there was little chance that JBR had an ENTIRE day of the week just to be a kid, swim, play, etc.

Even with the formal itinerary, you also have to take into consideration the time it takes to shop for the right clothes, beauty parlors, etc. in preparation for all the events.

It is really SICK

The whole Christmas letter sounds like it should be titled:

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION BY PATSY RAMSEY (ME, ME, ME)

Barbara said:
It is really SICK

The whole Christmas letter sounds like it should be titled:

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION BY PATSY RAMSEY (ME, ME, ME)

Despite all your comments above, it looks like your true feelings are summarized in the last 3 lines. You don't like Patsy for her 'its all about me ' attitude and for forcing regimentted activities on JB.

Knowing that Christmas letters tend be written this way, and that Patsy has demonstrated herself to be dramatic and less than subtle, the 1995 letter isn't a surprize. On the other hand, out of 7 paragraphs, she only denotes one to her activities.

As far as JB, the answer to your ? is No, I don't. Patsy may have embellished some of what JB was doing that summer. Of course, we don't know for sure how long the lessons were, but they are usually tailored to the attention span of the child. The parades probably consisted of getting dressed up and maybe her hair fixed to ride in a few events in neighboring towns around Charlevois. Since JB isn't around to ask, we won't know how SHE felt about them.

Our discussion (argument) about JB's skills and abilities brings up an interesting point about what is reported in the media. You noted that it had been reported that her reading and writing was not up to a 6 year old level, and a couple of anecdotes of evidence were included. More likely is that either the person reporting got it wrong, or that the source made a statement that wasn't generally true. This is hard to believe, given all the evidence to the contrary. If the source was Patsy, it doesn't make sense with everything else she said about JB. It brings into question whether so many other facts and information reported are true.

Ned: LOL that's funny because it was the Ramsey's who stated JonBenet couldn't read very well. An NO way did practicing for a talent show taken an hour or 2 a week, along with violin, drama and whatever other classes Patsy stuffed her in

I must be missing something........where in the Christmas letters are movie line quotes...knowledge of criminal activities? It's a nice, newsy letter that shows just how much Patsy loves her family.

Maikai said:
I must be missing something........where in the Christmas letters are movie line quotes...knowledge of criminal activities? It's a nice, newsy letter that shows just how much Patsy loves her family.

Wow Makai, you missed it all.

Nowhere in my post was I referring to movie lines, criminal activities, etc.
As I have said before, I personally don't subscribe to the movie line theories (if they are quotes from movies, I don't believe it is intentional). I was pointing out things totally NOT movie lines, etc.

What post are you reading?

I was pointing out other parts and points of that letter that I personally found interesting, curious and ironic.

BTW, it also shows how much Patsy lied about a "few Sunday afternoons"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back