1202 users online (228 members and 974 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742

    NY - Carmen Saldana, 23, found strangled, Queens, 12 July 2009

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c..._saldana_.html


    From the condition of the body it sounds like Carmen was likely raped. The chain on the door was busted suggesting forced entry. Her poor mother found her when she returned home work and found her daughter dead on her bed.

    My step-sister went to school with Carmen at FIT (Fashion Institute).
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Acres
    Posts
    1,461
    Oh wow, gaia. Your stepsister must be in shock. I just read about this case this morning. I'm thinking the facebook clue might have a lot to do with this. Also, the fact that she was murdered in the home she shared with her parents leads me to believe the perp must known her or had knowledge of family schedule/ie when she would be home alone because busting into that house to kill her takes tremendous nerve if you don't know if her family might be there at the time.

  3. #3
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    Link regarding the FB message Carmen left. She didn't seem too concerned at the time about this guy. It sounds like maybe someone knocked on the door and she opened with the chain on and when she wouldn't let him in he busted it.

    I agree SM that it was probably someone she knew and was familar with her schedule. You don't just go busted into an apt without knowing whoelse is in there.

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142009...int_179191.htm
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Acres
    Posts
    1,461
    I just read in the NY Daily News that LE called Carmen's cell phone, which was missing from her home, and a man answered. They will not say whether or not the man is a suspect or just someone who may have found the phone or purchased it from someone looking to get rid of it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Link regarding the FB message Carmen left. She didn't seem too concerned at the time about this guy. It sounds like maybe someone knocked on the door and she opened with the chain on and when she wouldn't let him in he busted it.

    I agree SM that it was probably someone she knew and was familar with her schedule. You don't just go busted into an apt without knowing whoelse is in there.

    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142009...int_179191.htm
    thanks for the link

    the comments there are ridiculous, though! It's surprising to me that many of the people posting there are making it about politics and social networking sites. One guy even says something along the lines of "Stop showing your cleavage" as if a girl wearing a low cut shirt is somehow okay to stalk, rape, and murder!

    I agree that if you're posting "massage" services on craigslist you need to be aware of what can happen, but it didn't make what happened to the lady killed by the C-List murderer and less tragic. When it comes to Facebook, I think that they're likely the most secure of all social networking sites, and I don't think that this crime had anything to do with Facebook, besides the possible clue she left. (Not that anyone here is claiming that Facebook is the reason she was murdered)

  6. #6
    jnTexas's Avatar
    jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Splendora, Texas
    Posts
    3,424
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    I just read in the NY Daily News that LE called Carmen's cell phone, which was missing from her home, and a man answered. They will not say whether or not the man is a suspect or just someone who may have found the phone or purchased it from someone looking to get rid of it.
    I hope the perp was dumb enough to take it and answer!

  7. #7
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenish View Post
    thanks for the link

    the comments there are ridiculous, though! It's surprising to me that many of the people posting there are making it about politics and social networking sites. One guy even says something along the lines of "Stop showing your cleavage" as if a girl wearing a low cut shirt is somehow okay to stalk, rape, and murder!

    I agree that if you're posting "massage" services on craigslist you need to be aware of what can happen, but it didn't make what happened to the lady killed by the C-List murderer and less tragic. When it comes to Facebook, I think that they're likely the most secure of all social networking sites, and I don't think that this crime had anything to do with Facebook, besides the possible clue she left. (Not that anyone here is claiming that Facebook is the reason she was murdered)

    I try not to read the comments any more because I just get really angry. A girl was just murdered violently and people can think of nothing but derrogatory, mean, senseless and downright unnecessary things to say. Something about the anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in people.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  8. #8
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyMama View Post
    I just read in the NY Daily News that LE called Carmen's cell phone, which was missing from her home, and a man answered. They will not say whether or not the man is a suspect or just someone who may have found the phone or purchased it from someone looking to get rid of it.

    How could you be so stupid? If it really is the killer he is just pretty dumb and that's all there really is to say about that.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Acres
    Posts
    1,461
    Looks like from the story in this morning's NY Post (www.nypost.com) that Carmen had attended a party the night before and left her cell phone at the home of the host. When her mother came home calling for her and got no response, she called the cell and got the host of the party on the phone who explained what had happened. He's been cleared as a suspect.

    They now think someone may have followed her home from the party.

  10. #10
    gaia227's Avatar
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,742
    This will take you directly to the article about the party.
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/07152009...rty_179303.htm

    Killer choked her manually.....
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...are_hands.html
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,262
    Carmen Saldana's family comes face to face with man accused of killing her four years ago in Queens


    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2gDTjlhn4

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,438
    From last month:

    http://www.qchron.com/editions/weste...80144932d.html

    Jose Martinez, 22, of Corona pleaded guilty to murder last Friday in connection with the strangulation death of 23-year-old Carmen Saldana...

    According to Lasak, Martinez will be sentenced to 14 years to life in prison as a juvenile offender on Jan. 27, 2016.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY GA - Brandie Davis, 19, found strangled in her Statesboro home, 8 Dec 2009
    By KaylynnCouture in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2015, 09:33 AM
  2. GUILTY OH - Saroja Balasubramanian, 53, found strangled, Blue Ash, 27 July 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 06:51 PM
  3. GUILTY NE - Michael Belitz, 12, found strangled in bathtub, Omaha, July 2009
    By TheMeaningOfItAll in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 06:44 PM
  4. GUILTY FL - Shaianna Hare, 2, strangled by python, Oxford, 1 July 2009
    By jnTexas in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:34 PM

Tags for this Thread