WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped>I wonder if they have thought of Tim Miller and Co. or some of the foundations who help find missing kids. All of the towns around McCleary are small country towns with the exception of Olympia and Aberdeen. They need help on this case if they are going to find this little girl. Someone has her somewhere. There is so much woods around there and then the freeway is so close. I hope they find her soon. Our children aren't safe anywhere.

I had thought so too Bobbiesangel....10:00pm seems late. But then it occured to me that Summer days are much longer in the NW states than the SE states. I was amazed at the length of the days when I visited MT last summer. My time schedule was completely off as the sky remained light til late at night. Maybe a local can give us an idea sunset times.

wm >>

I didn't know how to carry this quote above from the contiguous past thread so I cut and pasted.

The sunset on June 26th was approximately 9:11 pm in McCleary WA. Dusk would have lasted about 60-75 mins. At 10pm it would have still been quite light out as the 26th is only 5 days past the Summer Solstice (longest daylight of the year) and McCleary WA is fairly far north on the continent.

The further north you go the longer "dusk" lingers. Even today, in Michigan, there is still light in the sky at 10pm, almost a month after the solstice.

Hope this helps.
RTH

Quoted from Scandi:
"I had the same thought Eyes. Even if he was a friend of someone she knew or had seen him before.

There was talk of some of her other friends on their MS accounts that they were a bit afraid too, remember? Not much has been said about that. I am seriously wondering if there was someone making advances to some of these girls, setting them on edge if he made them promise not to tell their folks.

Another thing we haven't really looked at is all the little bodies of water in the area. Have they searched any water areas?

I wonder if there are any great fishing spots or favorite swimming holes there are near McCleary? Many a child has been found in areas like these. And there could be many of them and not all searched out by LE yet. Isolated cabins and basement nooks.

I want her found alive too. But I think real soon this is going to turn from a rescue mission to one of recovery if something doesn't happen soon."

In response to the bolded area...they have been thoroughly searching the bodies of water in the areas around town, my family talked to some of the searchers who walked up along one of the creeks that runs along the back of our property because they were looking for a pond they saw on a map. I also saw searchers out with poles and waders in the creeks and ditches moving the bruch around and checking the length of the waterways to see if they could find anything.

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't really any isolated cabins in the area...and I've been running around the woods on the east side of town my entire life. There are a few empty houses that I know of outside of town, but one of the articles I read (I'll look for it) said that they're going out and searching empty buildings outside the town radius.

Snipped...

The sunset on June 26th was approximately 9:11 pm in McCleary WA. Dusk would have lasted about 60-75 mins. At 10pm it would have still been quite light out as the 26th is only 5 days past the Summer Solstice (longest daylight of the year) and McCleary WA is fairly far north on the continent.

The further north you go the longer "dusk" lingers. Even today, in Michigan, there is still light in the sky at 10pm, almost a month after the solstice.

Hope this helps.
RTH

Around the time of June 26th it was still light enough to see very well outside until about 10:15 or so. We were using the late evenings to run energy off the kids and putting them to bed after 10, when my daughter would complain the sun wasn't down yet. Gotta love 3 year old logic. :)

Thanks McCleary and redtailhawk for the info. In the beginning I thought that it would have been relatively dark while Lindsey was walking home, hence, no one saw her. But Now that I know it was still relatively light at that hour it seems even odder (is that a word?) that she disappeared without being seen by anyone since it would not have been uncommon for folks to be outdoors at this hour.

wm

Someone asked last thread,but I'll answer here.

I am not, I repeat, AM NOT, linking to ML's dating profile, not the normal ones or the "for sex only" listings. I will say that if you google someone's user name, like "Mlachester" for example, you can find lots of things about them.

Quote from McCleary on thread #5: Something I noticed at Bear Festival this weekend was a guy going around with fliers and a donations can...he's the first person I've noticed actively going for money beyond the bake sale they were also having. The thing that got me about him the most was that he was aggressive about getting donations, mentioning repeatedly that MB is unemployed and needs the money...so aggressive he put people off and got a lot of angry responses. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to him at all to find out who he was. I was just wondering if anyone else who made it out for the parade noticed him and got any kind of impression of him?
Yes we did. We were at the festival for about 2 hours and he passed us at least 6 times asking for money. He said Lindsey's mom needed to pay the rent because she couldn't work because her little girl is missing. He had a Quaker Oatmeal container he was keeping the money in. I couldn't help but wonder if he was even associated with the Baum's. I can certainly understand the need for financial help, but I've been plyed for money on Lindsey's behalf non stop beginning with the night of the vigil. It's getting to be a bit lacking in tact at this point. Add that to no reward money being offered and it's not setting well with many of us locals.

And for those that would like pictures of FL.

http://www.spock.com/Festus-NXsz51Gx/pictures

Thank you so much for that post not my kids ~

Has "Forks" been discussed at all in relation to the reader comment that was left on one of the newspaper article sites. The one that said "maybe they should look up in Forks"?

I have an obit here that ties a FL to the Forks area. How strange.

I have no clue what can be posted and what can't, what I can bring up and what I can't.

Has "Forks" been discussed at all in relation to the reader comment that was left on one of the newspaper article sites. The one that said "maybe they should look up in Forks"?

I have no clue what can be posted and what can't, what I can bring up and what I can't.

I'm sure you can post an obit.

Someone needs to check into the collection situation. Perhaps they need a responsible community leader to step in to manage those funds and set up a bank account for donations to her family. Perhaps a call to the Chamber Of Commerce could be helpful in this area and for raising money for a reward.

Maybe the man was really trying to do something nice for the family, but when there is no accountability...who knows? People do often take advantage of a situation when a child is missing, sad to say.

I think Forks was mentioned because of Lindsey being a "Twilight Freak"

Twilight books are based around the little town of Forks, Washington. There is a "Twilight tour" and points of interest up there. http://www.forkswa.com/twilight.html

I think Forks was mentioned because of Lindsey being a "Twilight Freak"

Twilight books are based around the little town of Forks, Washington. There is a "Twilight tour" and points of interest up there. http://www.forkswa.com/twilight.html

Correct. Trying to figure out what the comment meant, it was guessed/assumed (?) they might have been referring to Twilight. I am at least referring to something that rings a bell to you from previous discussions? I didn't want to just throw up the word Forks and have no one know why.

Someone asked last thread,but I'll answer here.

I am not, I repeat, AM NOT, linking to ML's dating profile, not the normal ones or the "for sex only" listings. I will say that if you google someone's user name, like "Mlachester" for example, you can find lots of things about them.

I'm assuming she's gone and deleted those accounts. I googled and found nothing.

Ok found it: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

The comment is about half way down.

Regardless of what the comment might have meant, being as cryptic as it was, while researching FL, I happened across this:

Ada Jimmicum Ides ( d Oct 30, 1988 )

A graveside service for Ada Ides, 77, of Neah Bay, will be at 2pm Thursday at the Neah Bay Assembly of God Church. Mrs. Ides died Sunday, Oct 30, 1988 in Forks. She was born June 20, 1911, in Monroe, WA to Jim and Emma Libby Jimmicum.

She married Festus LaChester, Sr. in 1929. He died in 1948. She later married Andrew Ides who was lost at sea. Mrs. Ides came to Neah Bay in 1929.

Survivors include her companion of 26 years, Melvin Halttunen of Neah Bay; one son, Festus LaChester of Neah Bay; 2 grandchildren, John L LaChester and Noreen L Siege; one brother, Kenneth Jimmicum of Neah Bay; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren; step-children and foster children.

Harper-Ridgeview Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.

bolded by me
http://www.olypen.com/rfoss/pioneerobitij.html

Just caught me off guard, and rang a few bells. Probably pretty insignificant stuff.

Correct. Trying to figure out what the comment meant, it was guessed/assumed (?) they might have been referring to Twilight. I am at least referring to something that rings a bell to you from previous discussions? I didn't want to just throw up the word Forks and have no one know why.

My opinion is someone was just throwing that out there.. they heard she liked the Twilight series so they thought maybe she'd ran away to Forks.

Ok found it: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

The comment is about half way down.

Regardless of what the comment might have meant, being as cryptic as it was, while researching FL, I happened across this:

Ada Jimmicum Ides ( d Oct 30, 1988 )

A graveside service for Ada Ides, 77, of Neah Bay, will be at 2pm Thursday at the Neah Bay Assembly of God Church. Mrs. Ides died Sunday, Oct 30, 1988 in Forks. She was born June 20, 1911, in Monroe, WA to Jim and Emma Libby Jimmicum.

She married Festus LaChester, Sr. in 1929. He died in 1948. She later married Andrew Ides who was lost at sea. Mrs. Ides came to Neah Bay in 1929.

Survivors include her companion of 26 years, Melvin Halttunen of Neah Bay; one son, Festus LaChester of Neah Bay; 2 grandchildren, John L LaChester and Noreen L Siege; one brother, Kenneth Jimmicum of Neah Bay; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren; step-children and foster children.

Harper-Ridgeview Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.

bolded by me
http://www.olypen.com/rfoss/pioneerobitij.html

Just caught me off guard, and rang a few bells. Probably pretty insignificant stuff.

Neah Bay is part of the Makahs (a Native American tribe in Washington State) land. Fester is Native American (or at least looks to be to me) and is probably originally from that area.

I'm assuming she's gone and deleted those accounts. I googled and found nothing.

Try under her full name...which is well discussed in thread 1. I linked the sites themselves in thread 1 or 2.

ETA: I didn't link them in the first thread. But I can tell you that under her full name there are still listing on singles sites from Olympia to Seattle. SOme are normal dating profiles some are on sites that help hook people up just for sex.

Scary, when you consider that ML says she had contact with Lindsey on at least a couple occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni