693 users online (87 members and 606 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Alice's name is "Mary Alice Brandon". They call her Alice though.

Port Angeles, Forks, and La Push are all real places in Washington.

A lot of teen girls who read these books fall inlove with Edward Cullen and want an "edward" of their own. One thing that came to mind to me is if it was a guy that took her maybe she felt like he was like Edward? IDK just a thought here.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    How believable is the story line?

And how believable is it to a 10 year old? I really do think Lindsey is just too smart to fall for someone trying to convince her they stepped out of a book, but what if there was someone that was planning to take her. Could they have rigged things to make it look like they had "special powers", possibly even with the warning that Lindsey couldn't tell anyone about them or their "powers"?
    If she was really into the Edward character and some guy convinced her he was like Edward I could see it. I doubt there is a Twilight connection though.

Putting this here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    Edward is a Vampire who they describe as beautiful. A lot of young girls fall inlove with him and think he's the perfect guy. Robert Pattinson who plays Edward in the movie has had young girls walk up to him and even go as far asking him to bite them. And no Twilight is nothing like Buffy.
    -----------------------------------

Ages ago, (for awhile), we were getting our dark romance from reading Anne Rice novels and watching "Interview with a Vampire."

(I think the girls only want hickeys (sp.) and not the real deal.)

Anyway, sometime during that phase I went through, the horror became frighteningly real because someone in my apartment building with the predilections of a true vampire began stalking me.

Girls can be lured into the path of someone who intends harm to them because they are caught up in fantasy.

Yeah I def get what you are saying and like I said a lot of little girls fall inlove with Edward. It's just crazy the little girls that are so into Twilight. I mean like I said Robert Pattinson who plays him in the movie has had young girls crying over him and asking him to bite them. I dont know if Lindsey was Team Jacob and Bella or Team Edward and Bella. If she was into Jacob more than Edward then my thoughts on the possibility of there being a Twilight connection to her being gone wouldn't be right.

WillenFan - thank you so much for the synopsis on Twilight. I am now inspired to read the books. Sounds like fun to me!

Salem

You should def read them Salem! They are sooo good!

WillenFan, How hard was that for you to write those snippets? I read that series in four days. I never would have been able to write such short descriptions! Kudos to you!!!

LOL it took me about a half hour so not long. Like I said I am HUGE fan of these books. I know everything about the books and the movies. New Moon hits theaters in November but I keep up with everything cast/movie related.

I just want to bring this up to the top so its not forgot about. Again if you have any questions feel free to ask me here or to PM me.

Sorry, the Twilight theme is too old for a 10 year old. No 10 year old should be reading about killings, blood thirst and teen passion. No 10 year old should have MySpace and be available for "serious relationships" or walking herself home either. That is the biggest problem in most of these real life horror stories - adults treating children like adults.

Reminds me of NB's mom who said the 5 year old was "mature for her age". STFU! She was 5!

Quote Originally Posted by DotsEyes View Post
    Sorry, the Twilight theme is too old for a 10 year old. No 10 year old should be reading about killings, blood thirst and teen passion. No 10 year old should have MySpace and be available for "serious relationships" or walking herself home either. That is the biggest problem in most of these real life horror stories - adults treating children like adults.

Reminds me of NB's mom who said the 5 year old was "mature for her age". STFU! She was 5!
    ITA!!!! This makes me ill. I have a child a bit older and I don't want her reading this now that I know what it is about.

Children are children and need to be children. This rush to have them grow up is just wrong. It used to be kids tried to act grown up, like girls wearing makeup,clothes etc and parents and all discouraged it. Now it seems like the adults are pushing them. Children are only children for a short time, humans spend more of their lives as adults. I look at mine and just love the time we have now, I know at some point I won't be the same part of their life, I won't have childish laughter and all in my home and that makes me sad.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

I would honestly read the books before you judge them. They are NOT that bad and they do not go into detail at all. IMO they are fine for a 10 year old to read.

I agree with both of you. It totally depends on how mature or immature the 10 year old is, IMO. The books do not go in to great detail about killing and the relationship. I'm not sure about the movies, I won't go see them. I have an image of Edward (an clan) that I do not want distubed LOL!

I let my 11 year old read the series. (he borrowed them from me). I am a big fan. I have read them numerous times I have almost all the movie posters and i cant wait until November for New Moon

Deborah “Kalai” Fourzan was lured away by a "family friend" earlier this year with the promise of attending an anime convention and was found with her kidnapper on her way to the Twilight sites. Ironically, she was found in Greys Harbor in March 2009. Anyone have any info on why he would waive extradiction or who are the Mother's family friends in WA/
    http://www.news-star.com/localnews/x...n-500-000-bond

http://www.news-star.com/localnews/x...ition-complete

http://www.thevidette.com/archives/19mar09/index.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast