Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tangledweb View Post
    Both Christopher Revaks are cousins.
    That's kind of interesting. Didn't the Hillside Stranglers have some kind of relationship going?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillside_Strangler
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "Never answer an anonymous letter"

"I didn't really say everything I said"

Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    My goodness gracious! Who would have thunk it?

What is also interesting is that an attempted kidnapping occurred near that Ingram Mill Road address some years ago. That was solved, the perp was convicted and sent to the slammer. He also is now in the slammer on another charge. No known connection, but very interesting. The Huisentruit angle is extremely interesting. Good find!!
    The Huisentruit case is 14 years old. I can bet that team is going to be stopping off in Mason City, Iowa on their way back. If not, they should.

Christopher E. Revak, 36, of Ava, Mo., was charged the day before he died with second-degree murder in the 2007 death of Rene Marie Williams. Douglas County Sheriff Chris Degase told the News-Leader in Springfield, Mo., that Revak might have played a role in the killing of four women in multiple states during a time period that dates back as long as 14 years...

Wisconsin Rapids Police Chief Kurt Heuer said an investigation team, made up of members of the Sheriff's Department, Police Department and state Division of Criminal Investigation, went to Douglas County, Mo., to see what they could learn...
    http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.co...908140614/1982

BTW, after checking further, Revak was way too young to be involved in the Janet Raasch murder in 1984 and is definitely ruled out there.
    Last edited by tangledweb; 08-14-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: addition

FTR, here's a photo of Revak at 18 years old:
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tangledweb For This Useful Post:

I wonder if that mug shot of 18yo Revak was shown to Janelle, etc? Could he have been at the graduation or the diner?

Do not post names and addresses of people not involved in this.

Revak as patsy

For the conspiracy buffs who believe in a cover up by LE in the 3MW case Christopher Revak would make the perfect patsy for SPD to close this case with. Like the killing of Lee Harvey Oswald, with Revak dead there would never be any trial; nothing would ever have to come to light except for maybe a couple of manufactured pieces of evidence to assure the citizens that Revak was their man. Case closed. If there is a cover up why would SPD not take the pressure off them by declaring this case solved? In all the coverage that I have read I donít see a single suggestion that Revak might have been involved in the abduction of the 3MW.

The future of DNA evidence

In discussing DNA the question came up as to whether a person’s DNA changes if they have a blood transfusion. The answer is no, because a transfusion only involves the red blood cells and red blood cells do not contain DNA. Because of the lack of nuclei and organelles, mature red blood cells do not contain DNA and cannot synthesize any RNA, and consequently they cannot divide or repair themselves. Only white blood cells contain DNA. Check links for verification:

http://ask.yahoo.com/20050506.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_blood_cell

Which led me to find this article where scientists have demonstrated that DNA evidence can be fabricated easier than fingerprints? Consequently the ACLU now questions the use of DNA in evidentiary matters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/18/science/18dna.html?_r=3
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

I spoke with a detective involved in the 3 M/W case and he said that they do NOT consider Revak a person of interest in the case.

Revak is an interesting character, but we need the Sheriff to release more information on him.

An investigator in the Huisentruit case says that they can't tie him to Mason City when Jodi went missing.

Revak's past needs to be investigated with a fine tooth comb. Thanks to all that have helped with research on him.

Patience is a virtue.....at least that's what I'm told.
    Last edited by Animal04216; 08-31-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: remove reference to uninvolved person
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know what this poster means by these statements? I had not heard of an eagle connection before, and I was curious what it meant, if anything.

Both by a poster named marie:

I have e mailed thepolice many times to look into the Eagles club,Eagles mask or jackets with the Eagleon it. It is a lead that they should look into. I know it will help.
    This crime ha become an obsession with me. I do believe the police are missing a very important clue. I have gone through all of the information that is available to me for many years and I know that an Eagle of some sort is connected with this crime.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/city/spri...H4O8GAUKJANKAT

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I don't know what this person means or why they think an eagle is connected. Do they mean just the image of an eagle in general? There is no Eagles Club in Springfield, MO. There is an Eagles Lodge but I don't think it was around in 1992.

I don't think any of the local high schools had an Eagle as their mascot. The Eagle is the mascot for Joplin High School which is located about an hour and a half west of Springfield - a straight shot down I-44.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

' 92 Henning State Park Attack

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88630

I can't believe I had this and forgot but here this is!
    Please forgive me everyone but I was flipping through some old documents last night and I found the BOLO and crime description on the Missouri attempted murder and I am attaching all of the documents here. It includes the description of the assault, the victims names, two composite drawings (presumably b/c there were two girls?). It also includes mug shots of an inmate in LA who was bragging about attacking two women in Missouri. He is definitely not my assailant and when I read the crime description of their attack, I can definitely say the first thing that comes to mind in my case is NOT that my attacker looked muscular and fit (then again MOST of the time he was behind me anyway so who knows).

Also...that is just awful for these two Missouri girls that their case had to be closed due to some stupid law!!!! This makes me very upset for victims in Missouri!!!
    Attached Images[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

[/IMG]bolo-Missouri attack 001.jpg (76.0 KB, 8 views)[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

[/IMG]enlarged composite Missouri attack 001.jpg (68.5 KB, 6 views)[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

[/IMG]2nd composite Missouri attack 001.jpg (45.5 KB, 7 views)[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

[/IMG]La inmate accused of bragging about assault 001.jpg (59.9 KB, 5 views)

[IMG]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

[/IMG]#2 La Man accused of bragging about assault 001.jpg (78.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tracy62401; Today at 07:53 AM. Reason: addition of comment

She says that RCC doesn't look like her attacker, but the timeline for her attack and the FL and LA connection are interesting.

Maybe if we can help her, we can find the answers to our girls!
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathee For This Useful Post:

Something just came to mind! The Fraternal Order of the Eagles http://www.foe.com/ There is one in Springfield and one in Ozark. i don't know anything about them, but I looked and they are there. Not sure if they were there in 1992.

I wonder if this had any connection to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    I don't know what this person means or why they think an eagle is connected. Do they mean just the image of an eagle in general? There is no Eagles Club in Springfield, MO. There is an Eagles Lodge but I don't think it was around in 1992.

I don't think any of the local high schools had an Eagle as their mascot. The Eagle is the mascot for Joplin High School which is located about an hour and a half west of Springfield - a straight shot down I-44.
    I have no idea. I had never heard that mention before, and I saw it and I was curious.

I don't either. I used to live in Springfield (and did in 1992).

I think you are right about the mascots. Central was the bulldog, Glendale the falcon, Kickapoo had the chief, parkview vikings, Hillcrest has the hornet, Greenwood is the Blue Jay. But I was not sure about Bailey, Catholic or any of the other Christian schools.

And there are so many other small cities around Springfield and are very accessible to Springfield, and I don't about them. Buffalo, Nixa, Ozark, Marshfield, Strafford, Rogersville, Willard, Republic, Highlandville, Fordland, Shady Grove, Sparta, Seymour, Northview, Elkland---and those are just some of them. I have no idea what most mascots are either.

There are the Southwest Missouri Eagles, but they are a Christian homeschool group so that's not too likely.

Their logo

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I was reading about Cory Stayner and I thought his confession was interesting in regards to this case because it demonstrates how one person can subdue 3 women. Cory was ultimately convicted for 4 homicides. His first one was the triple murder of a mother, her daughter and her daughters friend (both teenagers) while they were on vacation near Yosemite.

Part of his confession below. talking about how he gained entry into the cabin and how he subdued the 3 women. The confession continues on if anyone is interested in reading the whole thing. It is pretty graphic and it is definitely disturbing so I just included the link to this one part but you can obviously see the links to the other parts of his confession.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...YNER15TR08.DTL
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

GAIA227,

Interesting that you you would mention the Yosemite Killings as they were the first thing I thought when I heard about the SP3. One man can definitly contol three women under the right circumstances. I was also struck bt the fact that, in both cases, three women were removed from the initial crime scene. Usually, a prowler rapist/murderer will identfy victims and break into their residence at night, commit the sexual assalt and murder and leave them there. Both the room at the Ceder Lodge and the house in Springfield were far enough from any occupied buildings to make a good crime scene yet, in both cases, all three women were removed and the subsequent crimes were committed elsewhere. This seems very risky when unnecessary. I can't think of any "solved' case where the Perp had an KO of abductiong women from their residences and killing them and disposing of their bodies elsewhere.

We know why Cory Staynor "moved" the women; he had very strong links to to the Ceder Lodge. This is why I suspect the SP3 Perp had links to at least one of the women, (or perhaps the neighborhood).

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kemo For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast