741 users online (107 members and 634 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.

Body Language #2

I was wondering if any of you wonderful WS's could tell me if there is such a thing of body language reading?
    If a person is telling a lie will their body language give them away and how about the eye movements of a lier?
    TIA

I had posted this on another thread but it hadn't been answred yet (inpatient) and I thought it might be interesting to see what others thought about it.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    I was wondering if any of you wonderful WS's could tell me if there is such a thing of body language reading?
    If a person is telling a lie will their body language give them away and how about the eye movements of a lier?
    TIA

I had posted this on another thread but it hadn't been answred yet (inpatient) and I thought it might be interesting to see what others thought about it.
    Great line of thought! Yes, to my knowledge there are experts in this field. I've seen one woman on TV analyzing celebs, politicians, etc. I can't remember her name though. It's fascinating to listen to, b/c apparently people give much away in their body language. I'm no expert, but for example, when you watch GA (particularly in his Morgan depo) he often closes his eyes before answering. I can't remember what the expert said as to this particular "tell" in people, but my impression is GA was lying or trying to distance himself in his answer.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Hi The Eunice Burns,

Thank you for answering.
    I thought I had seen something like this myself and I try to watch how people move around during questioning. Like when someone folds their arms in front of themselves I think it means they are in a protective mode.
    Wow. Closing ones eye's before answering "lying or distancing" good call I think.
    Again thank you so much. I look foward to learning more about this from all of the great people here.

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post

Both articals are fasinating however when I saw the Ga and Ca depos I also thought Ga was sad and did have enough and Ca, oh yeah she was hopping mad it was very obvious on both of them.

OT
    I wonder if Ga would ever spill his guts if he were able to get away from Ca's venom and be around "normal" people.

Both articals are fasinating however when I saw the Ga and Ca depos I also thought Ga was sad and did have enough and Ca, oh yeah she was hopping mad it was very obvious on both of them.

OT
    I wonder if Ga would ever spill his guts if he were able to get away from Ca's venom and be around "normal" people.
    Among numerous other things I thought interesting in the depos:

CA fussing around w/ her water bottle (How much water does a person need to drink in a 5 minute period?)

The way she put her hands near or on her mouth. At one point, she had them splayed in a very odd fashion. I duplicated it and tried to carry on a conversation. (At one point, the other person asked me what on earth I was doing. LOL) It was very limiting, you can't articulate well when your hands are in that position relative to your mouth. I don't know if this indicates to a pro that she was lying (although,hey. This is CA, she's lying when she's talking) or nervous.

She put her hands behind her head w/ the elbows out at one point. It is a very casual pose. I see my husband do that for instance, when shooting the breeeze w/ a friend. Not the demeanor one would expect to see at a legal proceeding.
    Last edited by The Eunice Burns; 07-17-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Typo

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Eunice Burns View Post
    Among numerous other things I thought interesting in the depos:

CA fussing around w/ her water bottle (How much water does a person need to drink in a 5 minute period?)

The way she put her hands near or on her mouth. At one point, she had them splayed in a very odd fashion. I duplicated it and tried to carry on a conversation. (At one point, the other person asked me what on earth I was doing. LOL) It was very limiting, you can't articulate well when your hands are in that position relative to your mouth. I don't know if this indicates to a pro that she was lying (although,hey. This is CA, she's lying when she's talking) or nervous.

She put her hands behind her head w/ the elbows out at one point. It is a very casual pose. I see my husband do that for instance, when shooting the breeeze w/ a friend. Not the demeanor one would expect to see at a legal proceeding.
    I think we need a thread for our personal scientific experiments we have tried relevant to this case. I currently have a peached colored paver out in the elements and will check it out next Dec. to see if it turns white as the one I placed last dec. and pulled up in june. CA had made the comment, "Our pavers are peach, not white" referring to the pavers in the woods. In the beginning I tried to mimick KC walk comming out her house with Handcuffs behind her. Conclusion was (besides my sons thinking I was crazy) KC put an extra hip swoosh arrogance to her walk. "KC Charades" anyone?
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by kageykaren View Post
    I think we need a thread for our personal scientific experiments we have tried relevant to this case. I currently have a peached colored paver out in the elements and will check it out next Dec. to see if it turns white as the one I placed last dec. and pulled up in june. CA had made the comment, "Our pavers are peach, not white" referring to the pavers in the woods. In the beginning I tried to mimick KC walk comming out her house with Handcuffs behind her. Conclusion was (besides my sons thinking I was crazy) KC put an extra hip swoosh arrogance to her walk. "KC Charades" anyone?
    It's hilarious, but all joking aside, your idea of that thread would be very interesting. I'd love to see what all of you have come up with.

OT, but regarding the pavers.....I would think your paver might turn white. Brick, stone, cement......they are porous. I am in a line of business that deals with this. There is a condition called "efflorescence" when concrete or brick "whites out" due to moisture. The minerals in water will cause that whiting. My husband and I correct this (in some cases, it is impossible if the moisture issue is not addressed) for people who have concrete floors in their homes. In Arizona, it is not as much of a problem as in other areas, but we do have issues w/ water seeping up into the slabs. And it will go very white.
    Last edited by The Eunice Burns; 07-18-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Another typo

kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Eunice B we've got to talk! LOL! I went so far as to put the first two pavers in a sludeggy side yard (no french drain) and another in a flat sunny area with very little water. I felt like Bill Nye the science guy. With my experience and your knowledge we may be able to conclude CA came up with a thoery similar to the pizza box. "Really CC?" Crazy is as crazy does! Have you tried to dance in spiked boots like KC in that blue dress? LMAO! Brought me back to disco days. I couldn't dance then and sure as heck can't do it now.
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

Quote Originally Posted by The Eunice Burns View Post
    Great line of thought! Yes, to my knowledge there are experts in this field. I've seen one woman on TV analyzing celebs, politicians, etc. I can't remember her name though. It's fascinating to listen to, b/c apparently people give much away in their body language. I'm no expert, but for example, when you watch GA (particularly in his Morgan depo) he often closes his eyes before answering. I can't remember what the expert said as to this particular "tell" in people, but my impression is GA was lying or trying to distance himself in his answer.
    Problem is.. it doesn't usually work that well with sociopaths. Mostly works with the rest of us.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

Quote Originally Posted by kageykaren View Post
    Eunice B we've got to talk! LOL! I went so far as to put the first two pavers in a sludeggy side yard (no french drain) and another in a flat sunny area with very little water. I felt like Bill Nye the science guy. With my experience and your knowledge we may be able to conclude CA came up with a thoery similar to the pizza box. "Really CC?" Crazy is as crazy does! Have you tried to dance in spiked boots like KC in that blue dress? LMAO! Brought me back to disco days. I couldn't dance then and sure as heck can't do it now.
    Very good way to conduct the experiment; you used a control paver. When I first heard CA's protest that their pavers are peach, I thought-- not so fast.....that paver could have whited out in that amount of time.

Heaven help us if I tried to duplicate KC dancing in those boots. I nearly choked on my ice tea when I read that!
    Last edited by The Eunice Burns; 07-17-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Typo

TIA

I was watching the jail video visitations and I noticed that when KC speaks about the day Caylee was abducted, a lot of the time she looks down and to the left. I could swear that I've heard one of those experts say that is a sign of lying. I don't have a link tho just something that I think I remember hearing. JMO
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

It has been stated that approx 97% of communication is NON-VERBAL. Much can be learned/gained by that 97%...compared to the verbal 3%.
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

TIA

Susan Constantine is in the court room when Casey goes to court. She is a body language expert.
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...tentId=7668919

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...age_means.html

Quote Originally Posted by doogiesgirl View Post
    I was watching the jail video visitations and I noticed that when KC speaks about the day Caylee was abducted, a lot of the time she looks down and to the left. I could swear that I've heard one of those experts say that is a sign of lying. I don't have a link tho just something that I think I remember hearing. JMO
    If I remember correctly, Anthony Robbins has a chapter in his first book about eye patterns when people are lying. Very interesting. I think that during interrogations, that is why many questions are asked where the true answe is known so they can determine the person's pattern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast