868 users online (147 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Infant Found Dead In Crib With 100 Small Animal Bites

Horrible! Words escape me right now.

WESTWEGO, La. — Police say a Louisiana infant's body was covered with what appeared to be more than 100 small animal bites, perhaps some from rats, when she was found dead in her crib.
    A Jefferson Parish coroner's office investigator says an autopsy did not immediately determine the cause of 3-month-old Natalie Hill's death.
    Westwego Police Chief Dwayne Munch says the girl's father was in the front yard of the family's suburban New Orleans home Thursday shouting that his baby was dead.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Poor baby girl. Such a short, sad, tortured life. Rest in peace angel.

Says she had wounds as well as the bites. I wonder if the rats caused the wounds or if the wounds were what drew the rats.

It's really horrible.

I just cannot comprehend this kind of news. Seriously, innocents and death. From my heart, I wish I could be some kind of guardian angel of sorts. It makes me ill to read such deaths. I have a place for all of them. I wish I could have them. All.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

This is one of the saddest stories I have heard in quite some time. And it makes me so angry this little baby had to suffer so needlessly.
    R.I.P sweet baby.

R.I.P sweet baby Natalie. My heart aches for this baby girl. How could her parents let this happen?!
    Happy New Years

OMG! This is absolutely sickening! I am ashamed this even happened in the state I live in.

RIP, poor babby Natalie. At least she will know no pain now.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    "The sewer rats come out the sewer, and it's big rats," said Annette Stevens, a neighbor. What many claim is an ongoing rat problem in the Westwego neighborhood could be to blame for the death of three-month old.

Chief Munch said the Hill's residence is not a dirty environment.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    A sad story.

RIP, angel baby.
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

Poor Angel. I can't even imagine how horrible it must of been for the baby & her family.

My beloved Jared
    12/18/83-11/19/84
    Gone too soon by violence.

Pic of baby Natalie @ this link (side bar right) http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?...6224&catid=142

This is beyond horrible

I'm so sick...does this never end? RIP Baby
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Pic of baby Natalie @ this link (side bar right) http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?...6224&catid=142
    RIP sweet baby...

Just tossing this out: Some of the Comment entries at your link imply questions, like this one:

I think there is more to this....the story doesn't add up. There is no way any loving parent would not hear the child crying. After 3 months, you know the difference between a cry due to hunger and one due to pain.

Also, this quote doesn't sound right: "Sometime between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. Hill said his little girl wasn't breathing and immediately ran for help."

He doesn't know if it was 3 am or 7am when he went to check on his child???? It's daylight at 7am and dark at 3am, there has to be more to this.

First, the mother fed the baby at 2:30am - 3:00am, burped her and put her in her crib. The parents awoke at 7am to find the baby full of bites, dead. So, the quotes or reference from wltx is just wrong. Bad reporting. Pay no attention to it.

Second, a family member has stated that it is believed that the baby was already dead before the rat(s) came along, either SIDS or she aspirated on vomit.

Third, the rat could easily have come up through the sewer line/toilet.

Fourth, the house was clean on the inside. Even the police chief said so. If it wasn't he would have also said so. We all know him.

Don't judge these young parents so harshly until you know all the facts. We do not know how the baby died yet and they are not responsible for there being rats in the sewer.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast