Infant Found Dead In Crib With 100 Small Animal Bites

White Rain

Reaction score
Horrible! Words escape me right now.

WESTWEGO, La. — Police say a Louisiana infant's body was covered with what appeared to be more than 100 small animal bites, perhaps some from rats, when she was found dead in her crib.
A Jefferson Parish coroner's office investigator says an autopsy did not immediately determine the cause of 3-month-old Natalie Hill's death.
Westwego Police Chief Dwayne Munch says the girl's father was in the front yard of the family's suburban New Orleans home Thursday shouting that his baby was dead.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533421,00.html?test=latestnews

Poor baby girl. Such a short, sad, tortured life. Rest in peace angel.

Says she had wounds as well as the bites. I wonder if the rats caused the wounds or if the wounds were what drew the rats.

It's really horrible. :mad:

I just cannot comprehend this kind of news. Seriously, innocents and death. From my heart, I wish I could be some kind of guardian angel of sorts. It makes me ill to read such deaths. I have a place for all of them. I wish I could have them. All. :(

This is one of the saddest stories I have heard in quite some time. And it makes me so angry this little baby had to suffer so needlessly. :furious::mad:
R.I.P sweet baby.

OMG! This is absolutely sickening! I am ashamed this even happened in the state I live in.

RIP, poor babby Natalie. At least she will know no pain now.

"The sewer rats come out the sewer, and it's big rats," said Annette Stevens, a neighbor. What many claim is an ongoing rat problem in the Westwego neighborhood could be to blame for the death of three-month old.

Chief Munch said the Hill's residence is not a dirty environment.

A sad story.

RIP, angel baby.

Poor Angel. I can't even imagine how horrible it must of been for the baby & her family.

Pic of baby Natalie @ this link (side bar right) http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=76224&catid=142

RIP sweet baby...

Just tossing this out: Some of the Comment entries at your link imply questions, like this one:

I think there is more to this....the story doesn't add up. There is no way any loving parent would not hear the child crying. After 3 months, you know the difference between a cry due to hunger and one due to pain.

Also, this quote doesn't sound right: "Sometime between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. Hill said his little girl wasn't breathing and immediately ran for help."

He doesn't know if it was 3 am or 7am when he went to check on his child???? It's daylight at 7am and dark at 3am, there has to be more to this.

First, the mother fed the baby at 2:30am - 3:00am, burped her and put her in her crib. The parents awoke at 7am to find the baby full of bites, dead. So, the quotes or reference from wltx is just wrong. Bad reporting. Pay no attention to it.

Second, a family member has stated that it is believed that the baby was already dead before the rat(s) came along, either SIDS or she aspirated on vomit.

Third, the rat could easily have come up through the sewer line/toilet.

Fourth, the house was clean on the inside. Even the police chief said so. If it wasn't he would have also said so. We all know him.

Don't judge these young parents so harshly until you know all the facts. We do not know how the baby died yet and they are not responsible for there being rats in the sewer.

Father of bitten baby knew about rats.

http://stopcorruptdss.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/father-of-bitten-baby-knew-about-rats/

WESTWEGO, La. — The father of a 3-month-old girl who was found dead Thursday, covered in rat bites, said in a radio interview that he knew his house had a rat problem, but he never expected his daughter would be attacked, according to TV station WDSU.
“It’s breaking my wife’s heart,” 21-year-old Robbie Hill told WRNO 99.5 FM.
Hill said that his other child, a 14-month-old boy, has been taken by Child Protective Services because of the conditions of his house.
“I did know they had a rat problem. I was doing what I had to do. I put out pellets, poison and traps,” Hill said in the interview. “They should have trapped up that rat before it did what it did to my baby girl.”

Father of bitten baby knew about rats.

http://stopcorruptdss.wordpress.com/2009/07/19/father-of-bitten-baby-knew-about-rats/

WESTWEGO, La. — The father of a 3-month-old girl who was found dead Thursday, covered in rat bites, said in a radio interview that he knew his house had a rat problem, but he never expected his daughter would be attacked, according to TV station WDSU.
“It’s breaking my wife’s heart,” 21-year-old Robbie Hill told WRNO 99.5 FM.
Hill said that his other child, a 14-month-old boy, has been taken by Child Protective Services because of the conditions of his house.
“I did know they had a rat problem. I was doing what I had to do. I put out pellets, poison and traps,” Hill said in the interview. “They should have trapped up that rat before it did what it did to my baby girl.”

What does he mean he didn't know "they" had a rat problem?? Obviously he did to be putting out pellets, poison and traps. That makes no sense??

The father says "I did know they had a rat problem". I misread it the first time too.

I think (and I'm not blaming the parents) that I would have had my children in bed with me if I knew there were rats. I have a feeling since they didn't hear the baby crying out that she may have already been deceased when the rats got to her (sorry, I know that sounds horrible, but it is horrible). Natalie looks a little malnourished in the picture that was in the link. Possibly she had some other problems. Maybe ones that even the parents weren't aware of.

RIP Natalie.

I have read of rats attacking a baby in the past. I think the odor of formula or whatever attracts them. This is horrible. Unspeakable. There had to be more than one rat, and the parents had to have ignored the baby's crying, if in fact that was the cause of the death.

Hey guys
I was just wondering....
have they said that the bites are brand new bites?
Like is it possible that some of the bites are older and she died from some disease or sickness from previous rat bites?
But had some new ones also?
Does that make sense?
Also, it would show that the parents knew she was getting bit from rats.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back