Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WA - Andrew Christiansen, 2 months, Vancouver, July 2009

Deputies Say Baby Missing In Vancouver

Clark County sheriff's deputies said Friday they're "very concerned" about the welfare of a missing 2-month-old child.

Andrew Christiansen was taken by his biological parents in the Vancouver area sometime after Sunday, but deputies said a court order mandates that Child Protective Services take the baby boy from his parents and place him into protective custody.

On Wednesday, police arrested the mother, Shondra Christiansen, in Springfield. The child was not with her at the time of her arrest and she is not cooperating with investigators, said Sgt. Scott Schanaker in a sheriff's office news release.

Deputies said they're trying to track down the father, 24-year-old Nicholas Christiansen. It's believed that he and the child are somewhere in the Eugene and Springfield area.

More: http://www.kptv.com/news/20089610/detail.html
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 07-18-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Just saw this on the Nancy Grace show...they are talking about it now.

Here's what I think appears to be her Myspace, last login was July 10, 2009

http://www.myspace.com/darkangel1820

Hope it's ok to post...

ETA: Photo album shows same pic of baby A, so think it's safe to say it's her page

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelby77 For This Useful Post:

:Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby77 View Post
    Here's what I think appears to be her Myspace, last login was July 10, 2009

http://www.myspace.com/darkangel1820

Hope it's ok to post...

ETA: Photo album shows same pic of baby A, so think it's safe to say it's her page
    Now it says her last log in was today, 7/17/09. I didn't see any pics of the baby, did she remove them? Is she still in custody?

eta the link above says she is still in custody. Who changed her MySpace?

Shondra Christiansen remains in the Lane County Jail. Anyone with information on the location of Nicholas and Andrew Christiansen is asked to call 1-877-274-6311.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Now it says her last log in was today, 7/17/09. I didn't see any pics of the baby, did she remove them? Is she still in custody?

eta the link above says she is still in custody. Who changed her MySpace?
    It hasn't changed since I looked at it. The photos in the album of Andrew are either private or deleted. But if you scroll down on the main page, you can see that she has uploaded the pictures.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

"Schanaker said the domestic violence allegations didn't involve the baby, and investigators aren't worried the father will deliberately harm the child."

From: http://www.columbian.com/article/200...r+missing+baby

Well, that's good news. Looks like the parents lost custody because of a domestic violence incident NOT involving the child, and the mom's history of drug abuse.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    "Schanaker said the domestic violence allegations didn't involve the baby, and investigators aren't worried the father will deliberately harm the child."

Well, that's good news. Looks like the parents lost custody because of a domestic violence incident NOT involving the child, and the mom's history of drug abuse.
    If they're not worried the father will harm the child, they shouldn't be taking him. That's what protective custody is for, protecting a child from harm.

Dad smacks mom, so baby goes to foster care ?

I don't remember the name of the 'expert' on JVM, but she said something to the effect of 'you'd have to question the mindset of a parent who would take off with their child, knowing that they're supposed to be handed over to the government'. I don't question the mindset, I agree with it. LE has stated that the child wasn't abused. I couldn't just hand over my 2 month old who had never been abused to be placed with strangers who might abuse him. Many children have been abused and even died at the hands of their state approved foster parents. Plus once he's in the system, it might be impossible to get him back. Where's Grandma ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

An Amber Alert wasn't issued in this case.

I too, hope Nick is headed to Grandma's and that Grandma is a very loving Grandma. He has to answer for the domestic violence but a 2 month old in the hands of strangers is scary, in my opinion. I so hope there is some family that is loving that can step up to the plate so that Nick and Shondra can get this worked out. I also hope Shondra gets some drug help and maybe some skills for keeping the house a little cleaner.

Poor baby - may the angels stay with him and protect him. Please, please, please Grandma or Aunt, come through for this baby!

Salem

ETA: Domestic violence is child abuse when it comes to the child. Maybe not physical, but even a 2-month old understands when things are not right in the home and it is SCARY!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I too, hope Nick is headed to Grandma's and that Grandma is a very loving Grandma. He has to answer for the domestic violence but a 2 month old in the hands of strangers is scary, in my opinion. I so hope there is some family that is loving that can step up to the plate so that Nick and Shondra can get this worked out. I also hope Shondra gets some drug help and maybe some skills for keeping the house a little cleaner.

Poor baby - may the angels stay with him and protect him. Please, please, please Grandma or Aunt, come through for this baby!

Salem

ETA: Domestic violence is child abuse when it comes to the child. Maybe not physical, but even a 2-month old understands when things are not right in the home and it is SCARY!
    IMO, hitting your spouse is different than abusing your child. It's definitely not healthy for children to witness their parents beat each other up, but I don't think it warrants removal of the child.
    Children being removed over fighting parents will have tragic results.
    Women will be reluctant to call the police or seek help when they are being abused, which could lead to children with dead mothers and IMO that would be much more traumatic than watching dad get hauled off to jail for hitting mom.
    If I was being beaten and knew there was even a possibility of losing my children for calling the cops, I would take the beating.

In most states, the law on removing a child requires a child to be at risk of serious physical harm or death. That doesn't apply in this case.
    It's also the reason the Supreme Court ruled as it did in the FLDS case and the children were returned to their parents.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Chicana - I agree with everything you have said. Under the circumstances, I would have run too.
    The parents got into a fight that did not injure or affect their son, and the mother has a PAST HISTORY of drug use, so they order him removed.

I may have figured out the federal deficit, since foster homes get food stamps, cash, WIC, and state insurance for the child even if the parents weren't recieving any of it.

Sorry, not a fan of the child welfare system.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I so hope this baby is found soon. Even though he hasnt had any domestic abuse charges concerning the baby, there are supposedly some with the babys mother, and IMO he could be a danger to the infant. like if he baby wont quiet down or whatever reason. and he could get frustrated and shake the baby .
    I hope not but right now this is my biggest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post

Deliberate or not, he could harm the child. UGH this is frustrating me.
    He should at least take anger management before hes even allowed around this child.
    But I feel that should be the case in all situations like this, where there are domestic allegations. It can eventually crossover to the child.

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Deliberate or not, he could harm the child. UGH this is frustrating me.
    He should at least take anger management before hes even allowed around this child.
    But I feel that should be the case in all situations like this, where there are domestic allegations. It can eventually crossover to the child.
    Do we know if he's been convicted of these charges ?
    What happens if they take the baby from someone who abuses his girlfriend and gives him to someone who abuses him.
    What if he's killed in foster care like so many children have been ?
    Will it be justified because the dad hit the mom or the mom was accused of doing drugs ?
    Who will be blamed if this baby is hurt in foster care ?
    I bet it'll still be the parents. I can imagine family court & CPS saying something like "well, if you hadn't hit your girlfriend and smoked pot, we wouldn't have had to give your baby to those people who killed him."
    "Don't blame us, after all, we're from the government and we're here to help."

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast