841 users online (131 members and 710 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Old Dog kicked out of Condo by HOA!

http://www.wect.com/global/story.asp?s=10660152

This is so wrong in every sense of the word. The homeowner bought her condo in '07 and was given a copy of the original HOA covenants. Unbeknownst to her the covenants were changed in '06 and a weight limit for dogs was added to the covenants. But why have they waited all this time to enforce this? I feel Paige should take legal action. What would you do?
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

This is so wrong in every sense of the word. The homeowner bought her condo in '07 and was given a copy of the original HOA covenants. Unbeknownst to her the covenants were changed in '06 and a weight limit for dogs was added to the covenants. But why have they waited all this time to enforce this? I feel Paige should take legal action. What would you do?
    Thank you WM for bringing this to our attention. I think CAMS Management needs to rethink their policies and procedures to include basic human kindness and empathy towards animals. CAMS Management is not a company that I would ever want to do business with nor do I have any respect for them whatsoever, but this could change if they do.

Can we somehow get the email address for Mike Stonestreet of CAMS Management and voice our individual opinions? I am appalled that they appear to have no empathy for the animal owner or their beloved pet. The neighbours say the rules should change and I would like to support them.

CAMS Management, the company that assists the homeowners association with the Willoughby Park property, said their hands are tied.
    "The rules, regulations and policies are set by the board of directors, which we follow," said Mike Stonestreet of CAMS Management. "No management company of any association has the authority to change policies and rules."
    Neighbors say the rules should change.

Thanks Patience! I'll see if I can dig up an e-mail address for Mike Stonestreet. There's gotta be some way we can help.

http://www.camsmgt.com/cams/outside_home.asp

Here is a link to CAMS Management website. There are links on the left hand side to 'contact' and 'blog'. Maybe if enough people contact CAMS, they'll do something to help. Haleigh should be grandfathered in IMO!

I've had it with mean people! GRRRR!

This link is to Cams Management Facebook Page.....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...122&ref=search

Thanks WM, The Board of Directors for CAMS Mgmt apparently makes up the policies and procedures and Mike needs to do as he is told. I for one will stand up and advocate for the pet and it's owner. I just need to calm down first.

Patience is a virtue, sure wish I had some.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Thanks WM, The Board of Directors for CAMS Mgmt apparently makes up the policies and procedures and Mike needs to do as he is told. I for one will stand up and advocate for the pet and it's owner. I just need to calm down first.

Patience is a virtue, sure wish I had some.
    I know what you mean. I posted a comment on WECT's site stating I was posting this story on WS in an effort to gain support for Paige but I think they must censor the posts because I haven't seen it yet. I was hoping the others who are just as outraged as we are would come here and we could brainstorm on how we could help Paige and Haleigh.

Another Grrrrrr!

M. Stonestreet is not listed as a community manager on the site.

http://www.camsmgt.com/cams/item_lis...unity+Managers

I guess there will always be controlling people who like to make rules for other people. If she has lived there for two years with this same dog and her neighbors aren't complaining, he should leave her alone. I wish she had a lawyer to help her since the rules were changed after she had been living there with her dog. This makes me furious too. What a heartless man!
    Last edited by Annie; 07-21-2009 at 09:55 AM.

I have no idea what she can do, but I am steamed!!! She has lived there for 2 years now with dog, why would they ask her to remove the dog now?

I just hope an attorney steps up and fights for her, if that is possible. I could not stand giving up my old dog. She is my best friend and companion. I look forward to going home just to see her. This is so sad.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Annie, I don't know what's up with these 'over the top' management companies in NC. Another thread on this very forum is regarding and elderly lady being evicted by a management company for feeding a stray cat and gardening. Tiny little people ruling their tiny little kingdom's underneath the shroud of the all powerful HOA management!

It sickens me......

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    I have no idea what she can do, but I am steamed!!! She has lived there for 2 years now with dog, why would they ask her to remove the dog now?

I just hope an attorney steps up and fights for her, if that is possible. I could not stand giving up my old dog. She is my best friend and companion. I look forward to going home just to see her. This is so sad.
    merc,

I suspect that a new HOA tyrant/president was voted in and this person is on a power trip. I agree with you......WHY?

The statewide rules need to be investigated. I know that when I lived in NY in a co-op apartment that if the animal lived in a building for a certain period of time with no complaints, it was illegal to evict them and they were essentially "grandfathered in." This may apply in this case. Also, a very vocal PR campaign will help.

For example, when the condo board of a building overlooking Central Park in NYC removed the hawk's nest that had been on the building for many years and tried to prevent the hawks from building another one, local hawk-watchers and animal rights groups stood up and started a campaign to save the hawks. CNN anchor (at that time) Paula Zahn's husband was the board president and Paula was affected by the bad PR. The condo board eventually relented in the face of an overwhelming public outcry (and I believe some heated discussion behind the scenes between Paula and her husband.) Afterwards, the condo association even spent lots of $$ building a brace so the nest would not fall off and the hark's food remains (usually dead pigeons) would not fall down upon passersby-- they did this to repair the PR damage!!

Once the public knows and gets mad-- the HOA will change their minds!

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    merc,

I suspect that a new HOA tyrant/president was voted in and this person is on a power trip. I agree with you......WHY?
    I think you may be right waltzingmatilda. So sad. There is no reason after 2 years to ask her to do this. (Of course that is if there were no complaints or dog fights, etc...And we have not seen any of that mentioned in this case.)
    Last edited by 21merc7; 07-21-2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: clarify

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast