864 users online (117 members and 747 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Kirsten Hatfield, 8, Midwest City, 14 May 1997 *ARREST*

........is my niece, she was abducted back in 1997,and has never been found. I am on here to try and put the pieces together. She would be 20 yrs old this year. I just can't let this rest, so any help with matching UIDs, theories, etc. is greatly appreciated! Here is her flyer :

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

akimmel, do you have any links to newspaper stories or articles that give information?

My prayers are with your family, this must be hard for all of you.

I wish I had more newspaper links, etc. but it was so long ago, alot of them are not on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by akimmel View Post
    I wish I had more newspaper links, etc. but it was so long ago, alot of them are not on the web.
    There are a lot of links on google (to different sites with Kristen's information) and I was only able to find news articles in a "pay for" news archive. I'll keep looking!

I did see the article about Joseph Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by akimmel View Post
    I did see the article about Joseph Duncan
    If you have a link, would you mind posting it? Was he in the area at the time of Kirsten's disappearance? I hope I'm not bombarding you with too many questions?

I can't find it now? It was a theory talked about on Geraldo and FOX News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165085,00.html

This might be the one (about tracking sexual predators).

There are alot of coincidences, like the dates he abducted children, his nickname was JET(Joseph Edward the Third) and she was taken from Jet drive. I did alot of research on this sicko to see if there were any hidden clues in his letters, etc. about that time frame. The police here say it's not connected. I have my own opinions about their detective work though........................

We posted the Fox link at the same time.

I will continue to read on Kirsten's case and hopefully some of the more skilled people here will jump in. There's a great group of posters here.

There are alot of great minds on here, I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you so much

I read on the Charley Project site that the blood found on the window sill was found not to belong to Kristen, and that the person it belonged to was ruled out as a suspect. Is there anymore information on why that person was ruled out and why that person would have left blood in Kristen's room at some other point in time? I also read the same person's blood was found on the fence. It just seems awfully suspicious to me.

Other questions:
    1) Where was Kristen's room in location to the mother's room and any exits?
    2) Did Kristen share a room with her sister? How old was her sister at the time? Did her sister see anything?
    3) Why does Kristen's mom think that someone connected to the drug culture is the one who took Kristen? Is there any specific person she has in mind? What type drugs was the mom involved with (i.e. weed, crack, meth, etc..)? (I only ask because this could possibly play into the type of people that may be involved)
    4) I have seen no mention of a father, is there any possible way the father could be involved?
    5) What was the area Kristen was taken from like? Was it urban, rural, typically safe, "rough", etc..?

I think those are all the questions I have at this time.

I'll answer the questions the best I can,lol :
    1) Kirsten's room was across the hall from her mother's,one thing not mentioned, is that her mom always left the doors open when she sleeps, that night, her mom got up to use bathroom, noticed door was shut, but didn't think anything of it,thought maybe one of the girls went to the bathroom too and shut it? I can see that, being sleepy and all.
    2)Yes, Kirsten has a sister that was 3 years old at the time, they shared a room, and she told police that she saw a man take Kirsten
    3) To my knowledge (she is my step-sister) the mother smoked weed, and I didn't hang out with her on a daily basis, so it could be worse stuff? The family approached her at the time about owing anyone money,and she said she did not.
    4) Kirsten's father lives in another state, and has been ruled out as a suspect
    5) The area she was taken from was a residential street, behind some businesses and strip malls. The dogs followed her scent to a stop sign down the street, then stopped. This could have been an old scent, since she rode her bike and played there, or someone could have put her in a car at the stop sign.

I hope this helps! Good questions! Keep em' coming

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast