OK OK - (GUILTY) - Kirsten Hatfield, 8, Midwest City, 14 May 1997 *Killer murdered in prison

akimmel

Reaction score
I wish I had more newspaper links, etc. but it was so long ago, alot of them are not on the web.

There are alot of coincidences, like the dates he abducted children, his nickname was JET(Joseph Edward the Third) and she was taken from Jet drive. I did alot of research on this sicko to see if there were any hidden clues in his letters, etc. about that time frame. The police here say it's not connected. I have my own opinions about their detective work though........................

We posted the Fox link at the same time.

I will continue to read on Kirsten's case and hopefully some of the more skilled people here will jump in. There's a great group of posters here.

:blowkiss:

There are alot of great minds on here, I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you so much :)

I read on the Charley Project site that the blood found on the window sill was found not to belong to Kristen, and that the person it belonged to was ruled out as a suspect. Is there anymore information on why that person was ruled out and why that person would have left blood in Kristen's room at some other point in time? I also read the same person's blood was found on the fence. It just seems awfully suspicious to me.

Other questions:
1) Where was Kristen's room in location to the mother's room and any exits?
2) Did Kristen share a room with her sister? How old was her sister at the time? Did her sister see anything?
3) Why does Kristen's mom think that someone connected to the drug culture is the one who took Kristen? Is there any specific person she has in mind? What type drugs was the mom involved with (i.e. weed, crack, meth, etc..)? (I only ask because this could possibly play into the type of people that may be involved)
4) I have seen no mention of a father, is there any possible way the father could be involved?
5) What was the area Kristen was taken from like? Was it urban, rural, typically safe, "rough", etc..?

I think those are all the questions I have at this time.

I'll answer the questions the best I can,lol :
1) Kirsten's room was across the hall from her mother's,one thing not mentioned, is that her mom always left the doors open when she sleeps, that night, her mom got up to use bathroom, noticed door was shut, but didn't think anything of it,thought maybe one of the girls went to the bathroom too and shut it? I can see that, being sleepy and all.
2)Yes, Kirsten has a sister that was 3 years old at the time, they shared a room, and she told police that she saw a man take Kirsten
3) To my knowledge (she is my step-sister) the mother smoked weed, and I didn't hang out with her on a daily basis, so it could be worse stuff? The family approached her at the time about owing anyone money,and she said she did not.
4) Kirsten's father lives in another state, and has been ruled out as a suspect
5) The area she was taken from was a residential street, behind some businesses and strip malls. The dogs followed her scent to a stop sign down the street, then stopped. This could have been an old scent, since she rode her bike and played there, or someone could have put her in a car at the stop sign.

I hope this helps! Good questions! Keep em' coming

I'll answer the questions the best I can,lol :
1) Kirsten's room was across the hall from her mother's,one thing not mentioned, is that her mom always left the doors open when she sleeps, that night, her mom got up to use bathroom, noticed door was shut, but didn't think anything of it,thought maybe one of the girls went to the bathroom too and shut it? I can see that, being sleepy and all.
2)Yes, Kirsten has a sister that was 3 years old at the time, they shared a room, and she told police that she saw a man take Kirsten
3) To my knowledge (she is my step-sister) the mother smoked weed, and I didn't hang out with her on a daily basis, so it could be worse stuff? The family approached her at the time about owing anyone money,and she said she did not.
4) Kirsten's father lives in another state, and has been ruled out as a suspect
5) The area she was taken from was a residential street, behind some businesses and strip malls. The dogs followed her scent to a stop sign down the street, then stopped. This could have been an old scent, since she rode her bike and played there, or someone could have put her in a car at the stop sign.

I hope this helps! Good questions! Keep em' coming

Thank you so much for answering the questions, it gives a good place to start from.

Wow, her sister said she saw a man take Kirsten?!? Okay, good to know. Now I will try to categorize the rest of my thoughts/questions.

1) The bathroom door being shut may or may not have something to do with the abduction. If it does, I wonder why the door was shut. After the mom woke up a little, did she happen to notice anything out of place or unusual in the bathroom? Did she tell the police about the door being shut?

2) I find it odd that if the mother only smoked weed, and didn't owe anyone any money, why she would think the abduction could be related to the drug culture. Typically, unless there is some major money owed, weed disputes don't get that out of hand. Some of the harder stuff, maybe. But again, that would normally be when a lot of money, or product, is owed. So, maybe mom didn't owe anyone any money, but owed them a product.... (Just thinking out loud as to why she would specifically mention the drug culture thing to LE)

3) Good to know about Kirsten's father living out of state and being ruled out. Before her disappearence, was he at all involved in Kirsten's life? Could it possibly have been someone who knows him?

4) Thank you for the infomraiton on the dogs picking up a scent. I don't know a whole lot about dogs and how long they can pick up a scent for. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge/experience than me can shed some light on it.

5) How does the person LE ruled out, who's blood was found on the window sill and fence, play into things? Do you have any idea? And if the person's blood was found in both places, why was the person ruled out? What valid reason would the person have had for being in the girls' room?

6) The Charley Project site mentions that the window was closed but unlocked. Do they think the perp came in and left through the window? Also, since the sister saw it (I know she was only 3), was she too scared to go get her mom? I just think my 3 year old would be screaming or come flying into my room, but I could be wrong.

7) Would someone have to know the layout of the house to figure out where the girls' slept, or would it be fairly easy to figure out?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a background basis from where to start. The more information, the better. There are a number of things I find odd about the whole situation and I'm trying to get my thoughts in order.

Please know I am very much an amature, and I don't have the time to devote to sleuthing that I would like to. But for some reason Kirsten's case really hit me and I want to do anything I can to help. Even if it's just coming up with a cohesive list of what is known/unknown so that more experienced sleuths have a starting point (or can tell us what to do!).

I will not be on Websleuths again until Monday, so please don't think I forgot about you. I don't often have access to a computer. I try to do what I can when I get access. Kirsten, your family, and everyone who knew Kirsten are in my prayers.

Akimmel, Welcome to WS and I am sorry it is under these circumstances.

We will do anything we can to help in your search. I have seen Kirsten's photo many times while doing research and she seems like such a happy, spirited girl. She deserves answers and justice as do her family.

IIRC (if I recall correctly), back in the late 1970s there were several cases of children being taken from their beds in the middle of the night in OKC. I don't know if they ever caught the man or not. I will check into it. Probably has nothing to do with her disappearance, but it cannot hurt to look.

I notice where she went missing is very close to Tinker AFB (4.1 mi or less and straight down S. Air Depot Blvd.), the GM Assembly plant, and also Draper Lake (11.9 mi). Do you happen to know if these areas were searched? With the close vicinity to Tinker, were the homes in the neighborhood rental properties for the most part? Did the mother own her home or rent?

It appears they ruled out family since they have her listed as a Non-family abduction. Do you know how well they investigated people known to the family? If they ruled out the person who's blood was found on the sill, I would like to know specifics and how they came to that determination. Do you know this person and his connection to the family? (Sorry, I see that this was asked already by Lyn.)

In the JBR case, they used a new technology which is quite controversial but is called "Touch DNA". Since they have her underwear, I wonder if this could be tested or if it has degraded too much? Did they do DNA testing on them?

Have they considered using a qualified hypnotherapist with her sister since she saw the abduction? I understand that being 3 years old at the time may be a problem, but since the event is clearly a traumatic one...it is possible it could be etched into her memory on some level. Personally, I would check into it as it could be the only way to get a sketch of the perp and a direction in this case.

akimmel, I was wondering if the sister that Kirsten shared a room with was a half sister or full sister?

Kirsten's sister is a half sister,both of their dads live out of state. Everyone in the family has been ruled out. The fact that her sister saw the man, but didn't wake her mom, kinda makes me wonder if the girls knew the guy? I have a 3 yr old, and I know their attention spans are about 2 mins, then they are on to the next thing,lol. Of course, a 3 year old wouldn't know stranger danger, etc. if she saw it. She might have thought it was a game? Who knows. What frustrates me,is that the police were more concerned about finding pot than finding my niece! The evidence was all destroyed after they used Luminol in the house. I have never heard my step-sister make that statement on the Charley Project about the drug culture. Again, my family asked her, and would have paid anything, even our lives to get Kirsten back!

My worst fear is that it was Joseph Duncan, or that she was trafficked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back