Joyce Meyer Ministries And Christopher Coleman

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
We know Christopher Coleman had been employed by Joyce Meyer Ministries in a security officer capacity. We also are aware the supposed threats that Christopher Coleman alledged he received were directed at his employment. Other issues regarding Joyce Meyer Ministries and CC have been surfacing in this case. CC's connection to JMM was severed shortly after the murders.

<snipped>

Michael James King, the ministries' lawyer, argued unsuccessfully Monday against release of those documents without a protective order that would bar Mirabelli and Carey from making the information public.

Keith Beyler, a law professor at Southern Illinois University Carbondale who teaches civil procedure, said protective orders are becoming less common because Illinois courts have ruled the public has an interest in what goes on in litigation, such as product liability cases, but they do occur in certain circumstances.

"You typically see them issued to protect a company's financial information, the identities of victims of abuse or conceal trade secrets," Beyler said.

The ministries' documents will be used by Carey and Mirabelli to investigate their wrongful death claim, Beyler said, by identifying parties with information so Carey and Mirabelli can take their depositions. Carey and Mirabelli can also request more documents or ask more questions.

It can also be filed as evidence in the civil trial, said Jeffrey Parness, a law professor at Northern Illinois University.

If the lawyers' investigation were to reveal Joyce Meyer Ministries liable in any way for the deaths of Sheri, Garett or Gavin Coleman, the lawyers could name the ministry as a defendant in the lawsuit, Beyler said.

There is a six-month time limit for making such a claim -- it can be extended by another three months -- and the lawyers must show they have probable cause for the claim, Beyler said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...urderer-Chris-Colemans-records-to-be-released

So...do you guys think JMM is correct to assume they might be involved in a lawsuit themselves within the next 6 mos?

Did CC work for the president? REALLY? I have to leave in a minute and will return to read the rest of the news reports that Foxterrier so kindly posted today!!!

Newly Released Documents Tell Us More About Accused Murderer Coleman

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-coleman-documents-content-murders-072809,0,5252359.story
Personnel records show he was on the road one-third of the time and that he'd met his Florida mistress in Houston, Texas and Hawaii. Carey will be requesting more Ministry records to determine when the church found this out.

"We have documentation that they were aware at a certain point in time of Christopher Coleman's relationship with a woman in Tampa, when he was married to Sheri. What did Joyce Meyer's Ministry know, when did they know it, what did they do about it," says Carey.

Carey said he's not yet seen any evidence that Coleman's mistress flew with Coleman on a ministry jet. He also says that he's only found a life insurance policy Coleman took out on himself, nothing showing he took one out on his wife before the murders. .topix_commentLink { font-weight: bold; margin: 0px; }

Discussing newest news release. Wow!

ETA: See actual documents here: http://www.fox2now.com/media/acrobat/2009-07/48313767.pdf

How weird. It says he used to work for Chester Mental Health. <gasp!> And then went to work for "Word of Life". JMM's parent company is called "Life in the Word". Coinky dink? Or was "Word of Life" owned by daddy???

I don't even know where to begin with the spiritual application. We may need a thread all its own on that one! One thing that stuck out was he said he learned about JMM through his MOM who attended meetings early on - rather than RC like we thought.

CC rec'd a $10,000 pay advance the day after the murders. For his attorney, I presume! WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY FROM THE CASH OUT REFI? eeeekkk...

Also, the termination letter was altered and initialed. I appears JMM was going to fire CC . Perhaps he asked them to allow him to quit instead? The paperwork appears to be pre-prepared for termination though!

Sooooooo, CC told LE that he only was having a text affair? A statement in his employee file says a different story....

Oh Chris, you are truly a madman!!!

That statement also explains why the termination papers were altered. Looks like Daddy Ron helped him with that one.

Kimster -
Did you notice page 9, #4:
"Termination of Agreement. This agreement shall not terminate, nor shall it be amended or assigned, except upon the prior written consent of Employer, executed by the Authorized Agent(s). The restrictions and obligations of this Agreement shall survive any expiration, termination, or cancellation of the employment relationship between Employee and Employer and shall continue to bind Employee, as well as Employee's successors, heirs, and assigns, forever."

BBM - WOW! Felt like I was reading something biblical - like it should have said...."forever, and ever, Amen"

How weird. It says he used to work for Chester Mental Health. <gasp!> And then went to work for "Word of Life". JMM's parent company is called "Life in the Word". Coinky dink? Or was "Word of Life" owned by daddy???

I think CC just made a mistake in writing "Word of Life" instead of "Life in the Word" as the reason for leaving his last job. If you notice his reported last day with Chester Mental Health Center is 11-10-2000. The date he filled out this application is 10-25-2000 and he fills in the date he can start employment as 11-13-2000. So was it just wishing thinking on his part that he would get this job, or was he already promised it before he filled out the application.

I don't even know where to begin with the spiritual application. We may need a thread all its own on that one! One thing that stuck out was he said he learned about JMM through his MOM who attended meetings early on - rather than RC like we thought.

Are churches not subject to employment discrimination laws? I know in the corporate world it is not legal to ask for age or marital status, but this application asks for date of birth, marital status, date of marriage, # of dependents. Plus the "spiritual criteria" form asks some pretty personal questions in born again date, baptism date and speaking in tongues date for the applicant and their spouse. Please forgive my ignorance but what is meant by "When did you begin speaking in tongues?" I know what I thought it meant and I didn't think it was something that most Christians could do. I always thought it was a special talent.

I think CC just made a mistake in writing "Word of Life" instead of "Life in the Word" as the reason for leaving his last job. If you notice his reported last day with Chester Mental Health Center is 11-10-2000. The date he filled out this application is 10-25-2000 and he fills in the date he can start employment as 11-13-2000. So was it just wishing thinking on his part that he would get this job, or was he already promised it before he filled out the application.

Okay, gotcha. I never do that! I always write N/A - still employed or some such thing.

Okay, gotcha. I never do that! I always write N/A - still employed or some such thing.

Exactly, it is strange. That's why I'm wondering if he already knew he had the job. Not that it means much, I'm just curious.

Kimster -
Did you notice page 9, #4:
"Termination of Agreement. This agreement shall not terminate, nor shall it be amended or assigned, except upon the prior written consent of Employer, executed by the Authorized Agent(s). The restrictions and obligations of this Agreement shall survive any expiration, termination, or cancellation of the employment relationship between Employee and Employer and shall continue to bind Employee, as well as Employee's successors, heirs, and assigns, forever."

BBM - WOW! Felt like I was reading something biblical - like it should have said...."forever, and ever, Amen"

Wow, that sounds very cult-like. And heirs? Like that would ever hold up in court. Was this signed in blood?

Wow, that sounds very cult-like. And heirs? Like that would ever hold up in court. Was this signed in blood?

It probably is written that way due to the benefits of retirement and life insurance and such.

As for the "spiritual" contract...I believe employers should be able to choose employees based on their business. For example, weight lifting restrictions for someone building ponds and the like. You wouldn't want an athiest working for you in a ministry...just wouldn't work for the well-being of that type of "business". However, I think the form is bizarre for the ministry. CC was "born again" when he was eleven? Do they ask more questions about a person's relationship with Jesus, or just go with what they write on the app? And why is speaking in tongues included? True, that is a gift of the spirit and not guaranteed to each believer. Seems like JMM doesn't look at it that way though, does it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back