1065 users online (224 members and 841 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    REWARD FUND & Other Reward Information

    SS: I copied your post from the general thread. I know this is something I'd be looking for in the future and I might not be the only one!

    Search Center:

    Currently in the works, along with the candlelight vigil, friends, family and non profit foundations are trying to set up a Lindsey Baum search center in order to allow volunteers to help search for Lindsey as well as to redistribute flyers door to door and to surrounding areas. The Center was in the works to be up and running but has ran into some obstacles and the space they were told they could use is no longer being made available to them.

    They want to appeal to the community and a spokesperson says "If you have a motor home, good sized camper or empty building that is local that we can use please, please let us know." If you do have a way to assist with a space (which is tax deductible) or even if you want to volunteer please email contact@findlindseybaum.com or you can use the contact form on their website at FindLindseyBaum.com.


    Lindsey Baum Reward Fund:

    A reward fund has been set up through Sterling Savings Bank that will be used to reward anyone who has information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund."

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...pg2.html?cat=9
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-21-2009 at 08:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Kimster~ Don't we already have a thread about the searches? Maybe we should keep the Reward and Searches in separate threads.

    ETA: LOL You started that thread already! Searches and search team information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Kimster~ Don't we already have a thread about the searches? Maybe we should keep the Reward and Searches in separate threads.

    ETA: LOL You started that thread already! Searches and search team information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I need some vitamins that help my brain! I'm such a VERB sometimes!

  4. #4
    Originally posted by Boondock: T

    This tells who is offering the reward:

    Two people spotted the then 10-year-old along the way, but she never made it home and investigators have found no evidence that could explain her disappearance.

    In an effort to find out what happened to their daughter, Lindsey's family created two Web sites: http://lindseybaum.com/ and http://findlindseybaum.com/. Both sites have photos of Lindsey and links to detectives working the case.

    The money is being offered by CrimeStoppers and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. - snipped-

    http://www.kirotv.com/news/20135764/detail.html[/QUOTE]
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  5. #5
    Bumping this thread -

    Copied and pasted from the main thread 9/8/09 from a post by JenniferO:

    "Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."


    Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?

    The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?

    Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

    Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

    If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

    I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

    Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

    I'm just throwing ideas out here.

    xo

  6. #6
    kageykaren's Avatar
    kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the <3 is...
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    Bumping this thread -

    Copied and pasted from the main thread 9/8/09 from a post by JenniferO:

    "Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."


    Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?

    The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?

    Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

    Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

    If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

    I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

    Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

    I'm just throwing ideas out here.

    xo
    Great idea! I started a post on Missing Children Foundations along with cecybeans in the "Lindsey Important thread" These post explain foundations and ways a public citizen can donate. This might be a good thread for this. People reading forumns may have questions due to the reporting a fund was set up I believe the Monday after the first private search and may be wondering how the finances are being managed at this time. Donors may want to see a more transparent account before donating.
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

    Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

    Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    347
    Here is my understanding of the the funds set up:

    Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Reward Fund: $10,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund." (would be nice if there was an address so people elsewhere could send money)

    Timberland Bank: Donations can be made at any Timberland Bank branch in the name Lindsey Baum. Donation money will be used to continue the search for Lindsey with private parties. Times are tough we know, but even just a dollar helps!
    Cards, letters, and donations can be mailed to:
    Lindsey Baum
    PO Box 1124
    Elma, WA 98541
    (this info is on the www.lindseybaum.com website. Sounds like a general fund to me.)

    Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Search Fund: There is supposed to be a new account set up just for search funds, and if donating to this it should be specified that it is to go to the Lindsey Baum search fund. (This has not been posted yet on any of the "official Lindsey website's or the blog.)

    So IMO I'd be surprised if anyone can figure out where to send anything. Very confusing information on all of the websites and if they really want donations they need to state clearly on all these sites what goes where and how to get it there.

  8. #8
    kageykaren's Avatar
    kageykaren is offline Lindsey Love, Universal Child your are the star & wondeful you are!
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the <3 is...
    Posts
    2,157
    I think the public needs the info. to be more transparent and imformative. Folks not connected to McCleary don't usually like to give there hard earned money without understanding in a more clear way how it will be used, who is managing the accounts, and if it will be handled appropriately. Gone are the days people freely give due to misappropriations of funds brought to light after 911 & obviously after Caylee Marie Anthony's Grandparents and uncle used the funds personally within 2 months of their daughter being arrested for the murder of their grandaughter. "One bad apple can spoil the whole darn thing. Cecybeans has laid the information out for all posting and lurking here as to how to give. It can be found in the Lindsey is important thread. Comming up with fresh ideas to bring in money for Lindsey's search is needed now! This is such a difficult time of year for many parents to find the funds after getting their own children off to school. This would be a perfect time for Mom B to speak to the public locally and beyond to gain recoginition for her daughter, explaining how volunteering in searches, printing flyers, talking to radio personalities ect... can be accomplished. Not due to MB but she has now found herself in the fight of her life to get her daughter returned. This is going to be a pull your bootstraps up time that will require MB to speak out strongly and squeek that wheel. A short message of deleted funds by someone many people aren't familiar with must follow with a message from the mother showing sincerety and gratitude may be all that is needed for help in volunteering & financially. ~<3~
    F " All You Need Is Love !"
    ~~ HAPPY MOTHERS DAY~~
    " The Greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attentions " Gray Wats

    Lindsey Love You're A
    " FIREWORK "
    ~"Come on baby show'em what your worth, Come on let your colors burst feeling brighter than the moon as you shoot across the sky, MAKE'EM GO, AH! ,AH! ,AH!...~
    One Republic - "Come Home"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvA7Ej9N_5Y

    Family friends son Stefano Langone from Kent Wa. won his Golden Ticket to Hollywood ! Enjoy the listen ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq299kOo6C8 Soulful Spirit...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by boondock View Post
    Here is my understanding of the the funds set up:

    Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Reward Fund: $10,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund." (would be nice if there was an address so people elsewhere could send money)

    Timberland Bank: Donations can be made at any Timberland Bank branch in the name Lindsey Baum. Donation money will be used to continue the search for Lindsey with private parties. Times are tough we know, but even just a dollar helps!
    Cards, letters, and donations can be mailed to:
    Lindsey Baum
    PO Box 1124
    Elma, WA 98541
    (this info is on the www.lindseybaum.com website. Sounds like a general fund to me.)

    Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Search Fund: There is supposed to be a new account set up just for search funds, and if donating to this it should be specified that it is to go to the Lindsey Baum search fund. (This has not been posted yet on any of the "official Lindsey website's or the blog.)

    So IMO I'd be surprised if anyone can figure out where to send anything. Very confusing information on all of the websites and if they really want donations they need to state clearly on all these sites what goes where and how to get it there.
    ___________________________________________

    Totally agree boondock! I was seeing the same vagueness and confusion when I visited both pages. Lindsey's sites need to cleaned up to eliminate any confusion or question.

    Here's something else that someone at The Search for Lindsey Baum could look into. I noticed Alex's Lemonade Stand (that's a little girl most of us have heard about) is the featured group of the day on this innovative search engine that donates to the cause of your choice every time you use the Yahoo generated Search Engine called Good Search.

    Someone (KK, MM, MB) needs to get this set up in conjunction with the Search Fund for Lindsey Baum. Heck, if I thought 1 penny was going toward LB's Search Fund everytime I used Yahoo Search Engine, I'd be delighted! Sounds like once you designate which Group you want to receive your donation it will automatically log onto that Groups account and it won't change unless you want to allocate a new Group.

    Here's the info:

    http://www.goodsearch.com/about.aspx#faq4

    http://www.goodsearch.com/

  10. #10
    P.S. ~

    If we get enough pennies, we can do this (or a version thereof. I just found this one interesting because he actually posts a price, and I liked that)

    http://www.lauthmissingpersons.com/prices.html

    chosen randomly and not by endorsement - HM


  11. #11
    JenniferO's Avatar
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    Bumping this thread -

    Copied and pasted from the main thread 9/8/09 from a post by JenniferO:

    "Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."


    Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?
    There are three accounts:
    1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

    2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

    3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?
    Correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

    Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

    If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

    I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

    Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

    I'm just throwing ideas out here.

    xo
    Great ideas. I'll see if I can find out anything from Linda this weekend (she's Amber Dubois' aunt and a volunteer for the LRC) she might know of something.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    407
    I am also confused with the different funds. When better info is posted, I will be happy I donate $. I really do want this girl found soon. I was shocked reading how few locals are helping in the search. Of course, feeling very guilty for not helping in the search myself, although in WA, I am at least 3-4 hours away. I did put her info on my FB but zero comments from anyone. Of course, most of my friends are eastern, wa. I can't even imagine what mom Baum is going through, with so little support of her community and
    father of Lindsey. So sad tonight...and every night this child is not home.

  13. #13
    JenniferO - Thank you for posting that information!

    Here is the actual address for both of the "official" accounts that have been set up.

    Sterling Savings Bank
    P.O. Box 600
    McCleary, WA 98557

    (Phone Number: 360-495-3296)

    The accounts set up are separate: one account is for the Lindsey Baum Search Fund and the other for the Lindsey Baum Reward Fund . Please if sending in a donation be sure to put the correct account name (bolded above). Especially if donating to the reward fund be sure to include your full name - this is required because if for any reason the reward is not used then the money is returned to the donor.

    Thank you all and God Bless for all your help.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddie McFaddies Mom View Post
    Bumping this thread -

    Copied and pasted from the main thread 9/8/09 from a post by JenniferO:

    "Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."


    Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?

    The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?

    Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

    Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

    If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

    I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

    Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

    I'm just throwing ideas out here.

    xo


    Perhaps before more money is given an audit should be done for all the accounts to determine x amount in fund at given times, x amount spent, ? was purchased, ? drew off these accounts, ? had authority to write on accounts, copies of all receipts. This could prevent any speculation of misuse which could lead to a drastic decline in donations which would prevent further searches. Does anyone know how this works, such as who to contact to start an audit? What about the FBI? Aren't they suppose to monitor those forms of accounts?

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    At the lake
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by LookN4Lindsey View Post
    JenniferO - Thank you for posting that information!

    Here is the actual address for both of the "official" accounts that have been set up.

    Sterling Savings Bank
    P.O. Box 600
    McCleary, WA 98557

    (Phone Number: 360-495-3296)

    The accounts set up are separate: one account is for the Lindsey Baum Search Fund and the other for the Lindsey Baum Reward Fund . Please if sending in a donation be sure to put the correct account name (bolded above). Especially if donating to the reward fund be sure to include your full name - this is required because if for any reason the reward is not used then the money is returned to the donor.

    Thank you all and God Bless for all your help.


    Jennifer and All,

    I'm confused now. Aren't there like 3 or 4 accounts set up? Are they all at the same bank and if so can they do an audit on the accounts?

    Novice Seeker
    Disclaimer: Any and All comments by me are my thoughts and opinions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Would a reward help?
    By wonderllama in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:15 PM
  2. Padilla offers $50.000 reward for information!
    By TisHerself in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
  3. reward...
    By JMO8778 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 01:08 AM