REWARD FUND & Other Reward Information

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
SS: I copied your post from the general thread. I know this is something I'd be looking for in the future and I might not be the only one!

Search Center:

Currently in the works, along with the candlelight vigil, friends, family and non profit foundations are trying to set up a Lindsey Baum search center in order to allow volunteers to help search for Lindsey as well as to redistribute flyers door to door and to surrounding areas. The Center was in the works to be up and running but has ran into some obstacles and the space they were told they could use is no longer being made available to them.

They want to appeal to the community and a spokesperson says "If you have a motor home, good sized camper or empty building that is local that we can use please, please let us know." If you do have a way to assist with a space (which is tax deductible) or even if you want to volunteer please email contact@findlindseybaum.com or you can use the contact form on their website at FindLindseyBaum.com.

Lindsey Baum Reward Fund:

A reward fund has been set up through Sterling Savings Bank that will be used to reward anyone who has information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...pg2.html?cat=9

Originally posted by Boondock: T

This tells who is offering the reward:

Two people spotted the then 10-year-old along the way, but she never made it home and investigators have found no evidence that could explain her disappearance.

In an effort to find out what happened to their daughter, Lindsey's family created two Web sites: http://lindseybaum.com/ and http://findlindseybaum.com/. Both sites have photos of Lindsey and links to detectives working the case.

The money is being offered by CrimeStoppers and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. - snipped-

http://www.kirotv.com/news/20135764/detail.html[/QUOTE]

Bumping this thread -

Copied and pasted from the main thread 9/8/09 from a post by JenniferO:

"Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."

Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?

The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?

Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

I'm just throwing ideas out here.

xo

Bumping this thread -

"Well unfortunately I found out tonight that the search fund is empty. No money there to make copies.. hopefully some funds will start coming in. We might have some flyers in storage already printed up. I will talk to Melissa and find out."

Is this search fund at the Timberland Bank, the one that recently got set up for the two authorization signatures so that there would be no question as to where the funds were going?

The Reward For Information Fund is a separate fund that contains the $10,000.oo donation set up at the Sterling Bank, correct?

Surely there is some way we can help to secure funds for Lindsey's Search Fund so that basic essentials such as Missing Child Flyers etc. can be done.

Are there no private Foundations that we can solicit for these types of necessary funds? Are there any experts in the grant writing field that know how to find monies available under the banner of Child Advocacy?

If we could secure a reasonable chunk of money to deposit into that account, we could surely add to it through smaller efforts such as Raffles and Auctions.

I can try to come up with some info on who we could ask for such funds, and if anyone has experience with this, feel free to post any leads or suggestions.

Perhaps once again we could list the specifics here on this thread of the official Search Fund for Lindsey Baum, where it's exact location is, what the funds would be used for, and the authorization process for using those funds so that it is easily accessible and we can include those very important details in any correspondence.

xo
Great idea! I started a post on Missing Children Foundations along with cecybeans in the "Lindsey Important thread" These post explain foundations and ways a public citizen can donate. This might be a good thread for this. People reading forumns may have questions due to the reporting a fund was set up I believe the Monday after the first private search and may be wondering how the finances are being managed at this time. Donors may want to see a more transparent account before donating. :)

Here is my understanding of the the funds set up:

Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Reward Fund: $10,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund." (would be nice if there was an address so people elsewhere could send money)

Timberland Bank: Donations can be made at any Timberland Bank branch in the name Lindsey Baum. Donation money will be used to continue the search for Lindsey with private parties. Times are tough we know, but even just a dollar helps!
Cards, letters, and donations can be mailed to:
Lindsey Baum
PO Box 1124
Elma, WA 98541
(this info is on the www.lindseybaum.com website. Sounds like a general fund to me.)

Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Search Fund: There is supposed to be a new account set up just for search funds, and if donating to this it should be specified that it is to go to the Lindsey Baum search fund. (This has not been posted yet on any of the "official Lindsey website's or the blog.)

So IMO I'd be surprised if anyone can figure out where to send anything. Very confusing information on all of the websites and if they really want donations they need to state clearly on all these sites what goes where and how to get it there.

I think the public needs the info. to be more transparent and imformative. Folks not connected to McCleary don't usually like to give there hard earned money without understanding in a more clear way how it will be used, who is managing the accounts, and if it will be handled appropriately. Gone are the days people freely give due to misappropriations of funds brought to light after 911 & obviously after Caylee Marie Anthony's Grandparents and uncle used the funds personally within 2 months of their daughter being arrested for the murder of their grandaughter. "One bad apple can spoil the whole darn thing. Cecybeans has laid the information out for all posting and lurking here as to how to give. It can be found in the Lindsey is important thread. Comming up with fresh ideas to bring in money for Lindsey's search is needed now! This is such a difficult time of year for many parents to find the funds after getting their own children off to school. This would be a perfect time for Mom B to speak to the public locally and beyond to gain recoginition for her daughter, explaining how volunteering in searches, printing flyers, talking to radio personalities ect... can be accomplished. Not due to MB but she has now found herself in the fight of her life to get her daughter returned. This is going to be a pull your bootstraps up time that will require MB to speak out strongly and squeek that wheel. A short message of deleted funds by someone many people aren't familiar with must follow with a message from the mother showing sincerety and gratitude may be all that is needed for help in volunteering & financially. ~<3~

Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Reward Fund: $10,000 reward for information that leads to the safe return of Lindsey Baum or information leading to her whereabouts. If you are interested in making a donation to the reward fund you can visit Sterling Savings Bank location and tell them you'd like to donate to the "Lindsey Baum Reward Fund." (would be nice if there was an address so people elsewhere could send money)

Timberland Bank: Donations can be made at any Timberland Bank branch in the name Lindsey Baum. Donation money will be used to continue the search for Lindsey with private parties. Times are tough we know, but even just a dollar helps!
Lindsey Baum
PO Box 1124
Elma, WA 98541
(this info is on the www.lindseybaum.com website. Sounds like a general fund to me.)

Sterling Savings Bank Lindsey Baum Search Fund: There is supposed to be a new account set up just for search funds, and if donating to this it should be specified that it is to go to the Lindsey Baum search fund. (This has not been posted yet on any of the "official Lindsey website's or the blog.)

So IMO I'd be surprised if anyone can figure out where to send anything. Very confusing information on all of the websites and if they really want donations they need to state clearly on all these sites what goes where and how to get it there.

Totally agree boondock! I was seeing the same vagueness and confusion when I visited both pages. Lindsey's sites need to cleaned up to eliminate any confusion or question.

Here's something else that someone at The Search for Lindsey Baum could look into. I noticed Alex's Lemonade Stand (that's a little girl most of us have heard about) is the featured group of the day on this innovative search engine that donates to the cause of your choice every time you use the Yahoo generated Search Engine called Good Search.

Someone (KK, MM, MB) needs to get this set up in conjunction with the Search Fund for Lindsey Baum. Heck, if I thought 1 penny was going toward LB's Search Fund everytime I used Yahoo Search Engine, I'd be delighted! Sounds like once you designate which Group you want to receive your donation it will automatically log onto that Groups account and it won't change unless you want to allocate a new Group.

Here's the info:

http://www.goodsearch.com/about.aspx#faq4

http://www.goodsearch.com/

Bumping this thread -

There are three accounts:
1. Reward fund at Sterlings Savings bank. I don't know who has access to this account. Wasn't the original $6,000 from Crimestoppers? Maybe they control the account.

2. "Potpourri fund" set up by MM at Timberland Bank. This is MBs "living account" and money she uses for whatever (never got a definite answer on that)

3. Search fund is at Sterling Savings and requires two signatures and I was told MB is not on the account. Not sure who the signers are.

Correct.

xo

Great ideas. I'll see if I can find out anything from Linda this weekend (she's Amber Dubois' aunt and a volunteer for the LRC) she might know of something.

I am also confused with the different funds. When better info is posted, I will be happy I donate $. I really do want this girl found soon. I was shocked reading how few locals are helping in the search. Of course, feeling very guilty for not helping in the search myself, although in WA, I am at least 3-4 hours away. I did put her info on my FB but zero comments from anyone. Of course, most of my friends are eastern, wa. I can't even imagine what mom Baum is going through, with so little support of her community and
father of Lindsey. So sad tonight...and every night this child is not home.

JenniferO - Thank you for posting that information!

Here is the actual address for both of the "official" accounts that have been set up.

Sterling Savings Bank
P.O. Box 600
McCleary, WA 98557

(Phone Number: 360-495-3296)

The accounts set up are separate: one account is for the Lindsey Baum Search Fund and the other for the Lindsey Baum Reward Fund . Please if sending in a donation be sure to put the correct account name (bolded above). Especially if donating to the reward fund be sure to include your full name - this is required because if for any reason the reward is not used then the money is returned to the donor.

Thank you all and God Bless for all your help.

Bumping this thread -

xo

Perhaps before more money is given an audit should be done for all the accounts to determine x amount in fund at given times, x amount spent, ? was purchased, ? drew off these accounts, ? had authority to write on accounts, copies of all receipts. This could prevent any speculation of misuse which could lead to a drastic decline in donations which would prevent further searches. Does anyone know how this works, such as who to contact to start an audit? What about the FBI? Aren't they suppose to monitor those forms of accounts?

Novice Seeker

JenniferO - Thank you for posting that information!

Here is the actual address for both of the "official" accounts that have been set up.

Sterling Savings Bank
P.O. Box 600
McCleary, WA 98557

(Phone Number: 360-495-3296)

The accounts set up are separate: one account is for the Lindsey Baum Search Fund and the other for the Lindsey Baum Reward Fund . Please if sending in a donation be sure to put the correct account name (bolded above). Especially if donating to the reward fund be sure to include your full name - this is required because if for any reason the reward is not used then the money is returned to the donor.

Thank you all and God Bless for all your help.

Jennifer and All,

I'm confused now. Aren't there like 3 or 4 accounts set up? Are they all at the same bank and if so can they do an audit on the accounts?

Novice Seeker

I remember telling Jen O when replying to her private messsge way back in July that I don't deal with the subject of money in these missing child cases, unless money becomes a part of a case involving children" What I didn't say was especially if the talk of money is in the vincinity of the parents, . Now their are insinuating storys being told about the main people surrounding Lindsey's Story,. These stories seem to represent alot of turmoil within the core of the women in Lindsey's life. Money seems to bring out the ugly coping in some forms of grief. Might be time to start the thread, " Letters to Lindsey's Mom " members want to help, to advise, to listen , to pray, offer our retired & current legal eagles here at W/S, what ever. There are more forums here for what ever a single mom would need during a time there are no words for & if there isn't there are thousands who could answer. For now if my friend were in this horrific moment I'd tell her go to your closets bank manager & ask her if she could help you set these accounts up differently. Their understanding of how something like this effects a mothers health mentally and physically. The bank manager can help you find a fiancial & personal advisor. Then I would tell her to shew anyone around her that has come into her life to all the sudden be friends! Friends need to be friends because they are going to be needed just for that, being a friend. Business is business get that lawyer who has no emotional attachments to the case so business stays business. After that I'd tell my friend to invite them all over for a small get to gether, provide the beer & chips. Then tell them how lucky you are to have them for friends, you couldn't get through this without their support. Thats what friends are for! Then I'd tell her I'm calling every day!

I remember telling Jen O when replying to her private messsge way back in July that I don't deal with the subject of money in these missing child cases, unless money becomes a part of a case involving children" What I didn't say was especially if the talk of money is in the vincinity of the parents, . Now their are insinuating storys being told about the main people surrounding Lindsey's Story,. These stories seem to represent alot of turmoil within the core of the women in Lindsey's life. Money seems to bring out the ugly coping in some forms of grief. Might be time to start the thread, " Letters to Lindsey's Mom " members want to help, to advise, to listen , to pray, offer our retired & current legal eagles here at W/S, what ever. There are more forums here for what ever a single mom would need during a time there are no words for & if there isn't there are thousands who could answer. For now if my friend were in this horrific moment I'd tell her go to your closets bank manager & ask her if she could help you set these accounts up differently. Their understanding of how something like this effects a mothers health mentally and physically. The bank manager can help you find a fiancial & personal advisor. Then I would tell her to shew anyone around her that has come into her life to all the sudden be friends! Friends need to be friends because they are going to be needed just for that, being a friend. Business is business get that lawyer who has no emotional attachments to the case so business stays business. After that I'd tell my friend to invite them all over for a small get to gether, provide the beer & chips. Then tell them how lucky you are to have them for friends, you couldn't get through this without their support. Thats what friends are for! Then I'd tell her I'm calling every day!

Hi Karen, I think there is a lot of good thought in your post. I know from experience that business relationships mixed with friendships can be problematic. The Sterling accts are most likely well managed as they have to be. I don't know the law about these accounts or how they are regulated or audited. It is the 'potpourri' acct that possibly has different standards of accountability. For example it might not need the tight paper trail the other 2 accounts do as it is for personal use. I'm not sure about that as I don't think MB is a signer on the account. That is the account that joins business {money} and friendship and a financial adviser could possibly have suggestions on how to remove the casualness of such an account. They would probably see a huge increase in donations. IMO

Hi Karen, I think there is a lot of good thought in your post. I know from experience that business relationships mixed with friendships can be problematic. The Sterling accts are most likely well managed as they have to be. I don't know the law about these accounts or how they are regulated or audited. It is the 'potpourri' acct that possibly has different standards of accountability. For example it might not need the tight paper trail the other 2 accounts do as it is for personal use. I'm not sure about that as I don't think MB is a signer on the account. That is the account that joins business {money} and friendship and a financial adviser could possibly have suggestions on how to remove the casualness of such an account. They would probably see a huge increase in donations. IMO

Doesn't the issue regarding all the accounts seem troublesing? The public is aware of two accounts but from what I can understand, dontations for the search project gets split among another possible 2 accounts that we have no knowledge about. Why? How does all this banking stuff get set up the first place. Such as who has the authority to funnel donations into the various accounts? Who are the designess who have to sign for any withdrawl? Doesn't it take 2 persons signature before any money related activitiy to occur? Are these books open tlo the public to view? IIRC any money spent fron an account such as these receipts must be given. Why aren't more people upset about this? Why does issues about Money always becomes such an issue?

Novice Seeker

I have asked before that you not discuss the reward fund or any other fund on this forum. We are not soliciting funds on this board nor do the people who post here have anything to do with the accounts so knock it off. Im not going to ask again......please refrain or I will do what I have to do.

Doesn't the issue regarding all the accounts seem troublesing? The public is aware of two accounts but from what I can understand, dontations for the search project gets split among another possible 2 accounts that we have no knowledge about. Why? How does all this banking stuff get set up the first place. Such as who has the authority to funnel donations into the various accounts? Who are the designess who have to sign for any withdrawl? Doesn't it take 2 persons signature before any money related activitiy to occur? Are these books open tlo the public to view? IIRC any money spent fron an account such as these receipts must be given. Why aren't more people upset about this? Why does issues about Money always becomes such an issue?

Novice Seeker

Lindsey Baum
PO Box 1124
Elma, WA 98541

SerendipitySeeker below:
Has it been explained how P.O.Box 1124 in Elma says "Lindsey Baum", but is registered to Sanchez Construction? Maybe these people should be looked at for alibi's IMO.
Grays Harbor assessor Parcel # C061022 shows this info. but no property address to go with it. Odd.....

Grays Harbor County Assessor's Office
Online Parcel Database
Assessment Information

Show Map
Parcel C061022
Try our new
GeoData Mapping
Tool Situs Address 00000
Legal Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Owner SANCHEZ CONSTRUCTION File Updated 11/20/2009 16:05
Address PO BOX 1124 Location T 00 R 00 Sec 00
ELMA, WA 98541

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Land Building Certified Value
$0.00 $3,944.00 $3,944.00

Year Built Tax Code EL068 H1
Building Type School District 068
Style Voting Precinct 000
Quality Total Acres 0
Fire Patrol Acres 0
(pdf) Land Use -

Square Feet Type
Lot
Building SF
Percentage Complete 0%
Basement SF
Finished Basement SF
Foundation
Porch 1 SF
Porch 2 SF
Garage 1 SF
Garage 2 SF
Carport SF