797 users online (135 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. # 10

Continue here.

Hi everyone! Thanks so much Tricia and moderators for the forum!!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

My apologies! Adnoid mentioned in the Billings thread that the general discussion thread was no longer needed and I got mixed up again. I've been bouncing around too much today I can see why it is more necessary in the Billings thread since there is a baseball team full of perps on that case. <whew!>

Thanks so much, Patty G, for all your help here!!! This is a fascinating case with a lot of great sleuthers. Hope you enjoy being our mod :-)

Documents in Coleman case to be turned over to lawyers

More than 400 pages of Joyce Meyer Ministries documents filed in a wrongful death lawsuit against former employee Christopher Coleman will be released Thursday to plaintiff's lawyers, but not to the public.

The documents were at the Monroe County Circuit Clerk's office Tuesday being copied. They will be placed under seal until 2 p.m. Thursday, when they are set to be released to Jack Carey, the attorney who represents murder victim Sheri Coleman's mother and brother in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against Christopher Coleman.

"Discovery is no longer filed with the court," Carey explained Tuesday. "The court files just became too voluminous to handle all those documents. The documents are only entered into the court record if there's a dispute."

Carey and Enrico Mirabelli, Sheri Coleman's cousin and Carey's co-counsel, said Monday they would not have a "wholesale distribution" of the documents.

Coleman, the former personal bodyguard of televangelist Joyce Meyer, faces three counts of first-degree murder in the ligature strangulations of his 31-year-old wife and their sons, Gavin, 9, and Garrett, 11. They were found dead May 5 in their beds at their Columbia home.

Joyce Meyer Ministries was named as a "respondent in discovery" which means the ministry isn't a party to the lawsuit, but must provide the information Carey and Mirabelli need to investigate their claim against Coleman.

Michael James King, the ministries' lawyer, argued unsuccessfully Monday against release of those documents without a protective order that would bar Mirabelli and Carey from making the information public.

more at http://www.bnd.com/breaking_news/story/852884.html
    Last edited by Patty G; 07-22-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: cpoyright infrigement
    Rest in Peace

I'm just getting used to this case having a forum and discovered there's a thread for the lawsuit ~ my apologies for posting the article here if it doesn't belong.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I'm just getting used to this case having a forum and discovered there's a thread for the lawsuit ~ my apologies for posting the article here if it doesn't belong.
    I think we are all just getting used to it! I'm trying to post in the topic threads so it will be easier for us to locate once the two cases (criminal and civil) go to trial and we are trying to pull up old info. AND for the newbies, of course, who are the MAIN reason!

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    It is great to post it here with a link so we can go discuss it on that thread.

ETA: I went back and moved my confused question there, too! LOL
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 07-21-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Okee dokee! I think we've got the new forum all pretty now! Can't wait for the gang to arrive!!!
    Last edited by Kimster; 07-21-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: changed a noun

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I think we are all just getting used to it! I'm trying to post in the topic threads so it will be easier for us to locate once the two cases (criminal and civil) go to trial and we are trying to pull up old info. AND for the newbies, of course, who are the MAIN reason!
    I put the article over where it belongs too ~ so it's in both places.
    Rest in Peace

You guys have done an AWESOME job of setting up the forum - I am in awe \o/
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    Everything I say is Only My Opinion along with a bunch of links to public information - for me, that's what sleuthing is all about!

Like they say...if you build it...they will come. LOL So where are "they"?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

TOOT TOOTIE! Present and accounted for. Trying to find everything.

Good to see ya'll!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    W

Good to see you, too..Wrinkles! How is your man?
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Hey there m'dear SeriouslySearching,

OT: My man is doing FAR better! Thanks for asking. He had a slow roll getting up to speed after this lil rendezvous with surgery. This was a replacement of his heart device (a defibrillator). This time they had to do some plundering of his chest muscles to get the device seated better (the device had looked like it was going to pop out of his skin, you could actually see the top of the device and the wires, right through and under his very thin skin). So there was muscular pain, then the aftermath of the anesthetics and general fatigue and weakness in recuperating (they have to shock the heart a few times during testing ), AND then his heart kept doing this weird speeding up thing whenever he would take a few steps. That was scary because a speedy heart can mean a 700 volt whammo blammo. We figured it was a setting on the new device, appears we were right, that was fixed yesterday. SO, he is a far happier camper AND so am I. Took the steri strips off tonight, doc was a real pro with his incision and stitching. Got his first shower in 10 days YAHOO! I'm just very very glad that his heart started right back up during testing -- yes I was scared, sick to pieces scared. I'm okay now that he is

Back on thread...

Took some notes from the search warrants here:

Noticed this on page 5:

>>During the interview with Christopher, he told investigators he left the residence around 0545 hours. He used his cellular phone to call Sheri's cellular phone, described as a T-Mobile cellular phone bearing phone number 314-359-995. Sheri did not answer the phone. He tried to call Sheri a few more times. Sheri did not answer the phone. He left a message on her cellular phone. He sent her three instant messages at 0623 hours. He sent her two instant messages at 0627 hours. He became worried and called Sergeant Barlow.

A subpoena was sent to AT&T requesting for the call record regarding Christopher's Blackberry phone. The call records show that Christopher made calls to Sheri's cellular phone on 5/5/09 at 0544 hours, 0634 hours, 0642 hours, and 0653 hours.<<

Well we know the neighbors surveillance camera saw him leave at 5:43, so CC called immediately after leaving -- go figure, you just leave your wife and call to wake her up? Then he calls again at 6:34. Let's see, that means he called 50 minutes later. Wow, he must have been adamant about seeing that she got up at 5:44, eh? (Scuse me, you call every few minutes if you want to see to it that someone is getting up at say 5:45 or so, not 50 minutes later.) Problem is, IF he would have called her earlier, the cell towers might have caught him at the location next to where he dumped the glove maybe?

So...you figure, it took 15 minutes to get to the gym, 15 minutes to get home from the gym. Seems we heard he arrived home at 6:51, must have been a touch later. Say he arrived home just after that 6:53 call. Then he was "where" when that 6:34 call was made? Just out of a scrub at the gym bathroom (do they have showers in the bathrooms there?)

Okay locals...someone help me... Does the location of the glove indicate he threw it out on the way TO the gym or the the way FROM the gym?

And speaking of that glove...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    W

And about that glove... Check out p. 46 SW May 7th dated, May 13th filed.

>>Investigators from the Major Case Squad conducted a search of the area from 2854 Robert Drive, Columbia, Illinois, to the Jefferson Barracks Bridge. During the search, an investigator found a latex glove lying on the side of the highway near Mile Marker 5. The latex glove had what appeared to be red spray paint on it.

Investigators went to Christopher's place of employment at the Joyce Meyer's Ministry at 700 Grace Parkway, Fenton, Missouri. A box of gloves was located that were similar to the glove found on the side of the highway in the Security Office Manager's office belonging to Mike Cole. Christopher has a Great Grand Master (GGM) key to that particular office.<<

Hmmm are those right handed or left handed or unihanded gloves? Was that glove found on the 5th? (p. 46, top of page, "Investigators from the Major Case Squad of Greater St. Louis were activated.") I think that was the first day...so wonder if the glove was found that day.

Looking at page 44:
    >>they saw red spray paint sprayed all over the walls on the first story.<<

Looking at page 45:
    >>They saw more red spray paint on the wall, going up the stairs.<<

Whole lotta painting going on for it to say "all over" -- hmmm...

Looking at page 48:

>>..., I did on May 9th, 2009, seize and take possession of the following instruments, articles, or things:

Joint finger prints, and all palm images, including full palm with fingers, partial palm, and writer's palm prints belonging to Christopher E. Coleman.<<

Hmmm... joint finger prints? Inside a glove at the joints of the fingers? Hmmm... the writer's palm prints?

Check this print page out, page 2

Also, check this abstract...
    >>Identification of individual by signature examination could be improved by the lateral palm print examination. By the use of new technique discussed by the author in this paper, the forensic expert can find out very useful information about the writer of writings even without going into the depth of questioned document/signature examination and without the formal or informal handwriting exemplars. The document expert with little more knowledge of the palm print can identify whether the signature is done by hand/leg/anything else, whether the author is right handed or left handed, the approximate age of the author, whether the signature is genuine or forged. Such information of author would be very much useful in elimination of the list of suspects of anonymous letters. In order to fix the authorship, standard and disputed lateral palm prints can be examined either with photographic superimposition technique or with the statistical study of the outline of the lateral palm print or with the standard method as implied in fingerprint examination. The evidential value of such lateral palm print can be placed at par with the finger prints in the court of law and could be placed right on the top of all other scientific evidences.<<

Do you think the writer's palm print was to help on identifying if CC or someone else signed the Quit Claim?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    W

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast