Taco Bell Dog Passes Away-RIP Gidget

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
She charmed millions without ever saying a word — and managed to make fast-food tacos adorable. Gidget, the Chihuahua best known for her Taco Bell ad campaign (and her famous overdubbed tagline, "Yo quiero Taco Bell"), died from a stroke on Tuesday night at age 15.

More at link:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32085116?GT1=43001

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6fwT2z6cTA"]YouTube - Cute Taco Bell Home Originals Commercial from 1999[/nomedia]

Thanks for the video SuziQ,

Brings back memories from when my boy's were young and just loved to watch the commercial's. They would say Mom, the Taco Bell dog is on! Their friends who came over would imitate parts of the commercial. One Halloween, a friend of the boys, wore a home-made Taco Bell dog costume.

I'm going to show them the video you posted when they come home!

RIP, Gidget.

I thought she was precious and loved the commercials.

Awww....Gidget charmed many into patronizing Taco Bell and loving Chihuahuas! Which is how I came about aquiring my dear 11 year old chi-jack russell mix. (I couldn't afford a purebred) I now have a chi-pom mix too. My home is a halfway house for wayward half chihuahuas!

RIP Dear Gidget. You made a wonderfully happy impact on society!

Gidget made me fall in love with Chihuahuas as well. I have a Chorkie (Chihuahua and Yorkie).

Gidget made me fall in love with Chihuahuas as well. I have a Chorkie (Chihuahua and Yorkie).

Hahaha! I love it! Mine are the smartest dogs I've ever had, especially the Chijack. My Chipom is very loving, yet feisty! Woe be unto anyone who darkens this door.......

Hahaha! I love it! Mine are the smartest dogs I've ever had, especially the Chijack. My Chipom is very loving, yet feisty! Woe be unto anyone who darkens this door.......

Mine doesn't have a clue how little he is, he picks on my half lab half Rhodesian Ridgeback. Good thing the big dog is a wimp.

Mine doesn't have a clue how little he is, he picks on my half lab half Rhodesian Ridgeback. Good thing the big dog is a wimp.

LOL! I know what you mean. My Cooper is a BIG dog as far as he knows!

A Chorkie. Love. It. (nurse is smiling)

RIP little senorita taco bell perrito bonita!

RIP Gidget- You made me fall in love with you. You were one of the most charming dogs I have ever seen.

I loved this little Chihuahua. I think everyone adored you.

So sad.

You will be missed by all animal lovers...:blowkiss:
Goz

RIP Gidget. I once had a Chihuaha named Judy who looked like her and knew several chihuahas named Taco after these commercials came out.

My Doc keeps telling me I'll have a stroke and die if I keep eating at Taco Bell..Geez, hopefully it wasnt the 7 layer Burritos that did her in..

RIP Little Gidget!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back