Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Billings' safes

Thread to discuss the Billings' safes. Apparently, one was allegedly recovered from the yard of PLW, correct? According to the press conference today, $100,000.00 was in another safe "out of the reach" of the intruders.

Quote from CNN:
    "A safe found in the home of a slain Florida couple known for adopting special-needs children contained about $100,000, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN late Tuesday."

What LE will confirm (also from CNN):
    "I can only confirm the items we know were removed from the Billings home," Morgan said -- a small safe that contained prescription medication, family documents and some jewelry, and a briefcase that contained nothing significant."

From WKRG.news:
    "The safe stolen from the Billings home, along with the weapons used in the home invasion, were later recovered from Wiggins' home on Ramblewood Drive."
    Last edited by Theonly1; 07-22-2009 at 05:56 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theonly1 For This Useful Post:

My thoughts on the safe...

I wonder if the perps thought the little safe was THE SAFE containing the goods they were after, and maybe they just didn't know about the other safe. They were only in the house for 4 minutes. During those 4 minutes, the hurded the victims into the bedroom, they zip-tied one of the victims and killed both of them, and then proceeded to get the smaller safe and remove it from the house. Of course, there were several perps at work, but a lot was accomplished in those 4 minutes IMO. With the owners of the house out of the way so to speak, I can't help but wonder why they were only in that house for 4 minutes. They either didn't know about the bigger safe, or perhaps something scared them off and they didn't have time to get to the bigger safe. Or maybe they decided there was no way to get into the bigger safe. ???? I wonder if the bigger safe showed any evidence that the perps tried to break into it. ???? I guess we will have to wait for that info to be released.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    Thread to discuss the Billings' safes. Apparently, one was allegedly recovered from the yard of PLW, correct? According to the press conference today, $100,000.00 was in another safe "out of the reach" of the intruders.

Quote from CNN:
    "A safe found in the home of a slain Florida couple known for adopting special-needs children contained about $100,000, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN late Tuesday."

What LE will confirm (also from CNN):
    "I can only confirm the items we know were removed from the Billings home," Morgan said -- a small safe that contained prescription medication, family documents and some jewelry, and a briefcase that contained nothing significant."

From WKRG.news:
    "The safe stolen from the Billings home, along with the weapons used in the home invasion, were later recovered from Wiggins' home on Ramblewood Drive."
    did i hear that gjr was hired to dig up dirt on billings last year by ex?? and paid $$ by her??

Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I have no comment on the safes but I could not let the proper use of the Saxon genitive and grammatical number in both the title and opening sentence go without a thumbs up. (****** AKA Conan the Grammarian)

I love grammar nerds!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousmind For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tering View Post
    did i hear that gjr was hired to dig up dirt on billings last year by ex?? and paid $$ by her??

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3978581&postcount=12"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Leonard Gonzalez Jr.[/ame]

I can't remember when mom23 said the Billings family moved into their home--I seem to remember they moved in early due to hurricane damage on the home they were living in while building the new one, but I have to wonder if any of the contractors/subs knew LPG2 or PLW and mentioned a floor safe, etc.

IF it was a floor safe--we've heard rumors that it was--and I would assume that a FS would be installed during the home building process, not afterwards.

I imagine LE might be following up on any and all leads on who knew and/or installed a safe in addition to the security system to the home.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl View Post
    I can't remember when mom23 said the Billings family moved into their home--I seem to remember they moved in early due to hurricane damage on the home they were living in while building the new one, but I have to wonder if any of the contractors/subs knew LPG2 or PLW and mentioned a floor safe, etc.

IF it was a floor safe--we've heard rumors that it was--and I would assume that a FS would be installed during the home building process, not afterwards.

I imagine LE might be following up on any and all leads on who knew and/or installed a safe in addition to the security system to the home.
    You know, one thing I had not thought of was one of the guys being a day laborer off the books during the construction process.

It would not be unusual at all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousmind For This Useful Post:

I'm pretty sure mom23 said the Billings' family moved in the home in 04 after Hurricane Ivan damaged their other home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Road View Post
    I'm pretty sure mom23 said the Billings' family moved in the home in 04 after Hurricane Ivan damaged their other home.
    Yes that is correct.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mom23gr8kids For This Useful Post:

What intrigued me was the mention that the other safe was out of the reach of the intruders. How so?

Morgan said it was Leonard Gonzalez, Jr. who was the mastermind in the planning and recruiting of the other suspects.

Gonzalez, Sr. owned a power washing business, and Morgan said Senior and Wayne Coldiron had done work at the Billings home.
    I didn't remember that bit of info.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loca...practicedcrime

How many car titles could there have been in the electronic safe?

mikeysmommom is online now "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryGirl View Post

A floor safe can be put in after construction, they are made to fit between floor joist.A simple cut in floor then screwed in most people do it themselves so no one knows they have a floor safe.Very easy to do.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

I'm still very curious to who told the gang the house layout, where safes were,that the backdoor would be open and security would be off! There has to be 1 more person or many that were inside information for this hideous murder............IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

" The Billings family now feels it is appropriate to acknowledge the existence of a second safe in the home," said a statement released by family attorney ....it "contained $164,000 in cash, some antique jewelry and assorted legal documents."

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08...n.couple.safe/

This makes me wonder if there was REALLY an insider involved. According to the dateline interview, it was common knowledge that Billings kept alot of cash on hand. A real insider would have known which safe had the cash. Or at least known about the existance of the second safe....and the Ninjas would have forced the Billings to open the safe.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Gene For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast