1194 users online (212 members and 982 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I would feel safe in assuming Melissa was home when Lindsey left the house.

After I read through and pasted those snippets, I re-read them. I noted that some of the reporters take literary license ... LITERALLY!!! Some reporters are better than others at fact checking and quoting, so beware when you read.

Just out of curiosity, which news outlet do you think provided the most accurate reporting in this case?

Bumping up timelines - post #3 and post #16 are two different time-lines - post #16 a media time-line...done way back when. I would love to add some changes to mine (done in July).
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 01-28-2010 at 08:58 PM.

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    great idea!!

just what i was thinking.....im not good at it though....LOL

side note:
    i have always thought...it would be great if someone could do a real time movie of the events that day....trace lindsey steps....with a camera

Anyone up to making a new timeline with our new POI information?

"The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work. Scott said that there were a few businesses located just off the street Lindsey would have used to get home, and while the little girl did not appear in any of the videos, police have received clues about who was in the area at the time she disappeared."

BBM

So there were only a few businesses on her route home. So it makes sense that LE initially talked to the owner of the jewelry store. And apparently he LIED at that time and said he was not there at the time she would have been walking by.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I'm adding to this timeline. I'll put my additions in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Lindsey Time-Line

MAY 29th - Lindsey wrote:
    I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen...
    Her mood - scared

June 16th (Tues)- Last day of school, around 10:00am.

June 25th (Thu) - Kayla overnight at Lindsey's home.

JUNE 26TH (Friday)- 9:15PM....LAST TIME LINDSEY WAS SEEN - dressed in light blue pull-over hoodie shirt, blue jeans, black slip on shoes.

June 26th (Day hours) - Lindsey swimming with Kayla and group of girls.

8:15 p.m. - Class that POI (TH) was supposedly attending let out early. Was scheduled to go until 9:00 p.m. Class was in Belfair.

8:19pm (Friday evening hours) - Lindsey, Kayla, and group of swimming friends in video store having a good time laughing & joking. Lindsey and Kayla did not rent videos.

8:25pm - Lindsey and Kayla left video store - walked to Lindsey's home to see if another over-night was possible. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes. Mom Baum stated Lindsey left with no clothes or money; left cell phone charging.

8:40 p.m. - POI (TH) video'd in Mike's convenience store (may have been 9:30ish)

8:45pm? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla and brother Josh left for Kayla's home where girls wanted a sleep-over.

Altercation between Lindsey and brother took place behind Shell gas station across and down the street from the Baum home. Bike left behind Shell Gas Station. (not verified by PD)

At some point during walk brother Josh was told to go home by a neighbor friend.

9:00 - 9:15pm - Two girls arrived at mom K's home. Lindsey told by mom K and friend she could not stay the night and needed to leave before dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:15 p.m. - Taking the shortest route possible from Belfair to McCleary, it is 59 mins according to Google at this link: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Mc...ra=ls&t=m&z=10

Unknown Time - POI (TH) allegedly went on ambulance run. Location unknown.

9:10 - 9:15 - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until no longer seen.

9:15 - Two different residents saw Lindsey walking on Maple between Fifth and Sixth streets – about halfway between the two homes. According to mom Baum, one of the residents is a co-worker; according to police, one works for the county.

10:00pm - Mom Baum with a a broken down car searched for Lindsey on foot. Mom K was charging her cell phone and couldn't be reached.

10:30pm - Mom Baum joined Mom K and friend in car search for Lindsey.

10:45 - 10:50pm - Mom Baum called police - reported daughter Lindsey missing.

1:00 a.m. June 27th, 2009 - POI (TH) runs into Mom Baum's and drives her to creek to search.

July 3rd - Lindsey's father, Gregory Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National guard, flew into Washington from Tennessee late in evening.

July 18th weekend - Gregory Scott Baum flew back to Tennessee to be with his unit.

JULY 7th - Lindsey's 11th birthday.
    Okay - need to think about this and check out some more maps.

Let me know if I have any of this wrong, please. I'm unsure of the time, etc. that the POI went to Mom Baum's to help her search.

Salem

ETA: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I...139031194.html

In his own words: "After joining in the search for a while, Hartman says he returned home but couldn't sleep, so he went out searching again. It was then, at about 1 a.m., that he says he ran into Lindsey's mother, and says he drove her to a local creek where Lindsey sometimes went to play, in hopes they would find her there.

He says he searched there, and he left some markers to show where he had searched, but they were gone the next day."

How did he know that Lindsey went to the creek? What happened to those markers? What did he say to Mom Baum?
    Last edited by Salem; 02-18-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Always editing :)

Long time lurker, first time poster. I thought adding a visual to the timeline would help others:
    -Lindsey's house is an estimate from Knox's post (may not be 100% accurate.)
    -Kara Kampen's house is an estimate from a google search (may not be 100% accurate.)
    -Hartman's Jewelry is POI Timothy Hartman's jewelry store.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    Lindsey Time-Line
    9:00 - 9:15pm - Two girls arrived at mom K's home. Lindsey told by mom K and friend she could not stay the night and needed to leave before dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10 - 9:15 - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until no longer seen.

9:15 - Two different residents saw Lindsey walking on Maple between Fifth and Sixth streets – about halfway between the two homes. According to mom Baum, one of the residents is a co-worker; according to police, one works for the county.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post

McCleary’s still searching
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:49 AM PDT
    Lindsey was leaving a friend’s house about four blocks away between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street. “We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn’t gone down.

Searchers “not going anywhere”
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:13 PM PDT

She would have walked down Maple and would have had to cross 3rd Street, which is a main road in the town and has a crosswalk. At that point she would have had a short walk through a a commercial area, including a nearby bus station and a gas station. She would have had to cross the larger street, then back onto a residential street without a sidewalk and head down to her house at the 300 block of Mommsen Street, a dead-end residential neighborhood within view of the police station. But a minute or two before she crossed 3rd Street, she disappeared. A neighbor spotted her about two-thirds of the way home, Scott said.

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street. Scott said the search would have to continue to expand beyond the city limits, targeting logging roads or other remote areas farther afield. But he vowed it would go on as long as necessary

(this looks tiny in the preview of the post, if it is once posted, I'll find another way to upload it)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3