Timeline

Okay, I'll get started. I'm not great with times...but I heard this one on NG tonight, so...

9:15PM MB said her co-worker saw Lindsey walking home.

Lindsey Time-Line

MAY 29th - Lindsey wrote:
I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen...
Her mood - scared

June 16th (Tues)- Last day of school, around 10:00am.

June 25th (Thu) - Kayla overnight at Lindsey's home.

JUNE 26TH (Friday)- 9:15PM....LAST TIME LINDSEY WAS SEEN - dressed in light blue pull-over hoodie shirt, blue jeans, black slip on shoes.

June 26th (Day hours) - Lindsey swimming with Kayla and group of girls.

8:19pm (Friday evening hours) - Lindsey, Kayla, and group of swimming friends in video store having a good time laughing & joking. Lindsey and Kayla did not rent videos.

8:25pm - Lindsey and Kayla left video store - walked to Lindsey's home to see if another over-night was possible. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes. Mom Baum stated Lindsey left with no clothes or money; left cell phone charging.

8:45pm? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla and brother Josh left for Kayla's home where girls wanted a sleep-over.

Altercation between Lindsey and brother took place behind Shell gas station across and down the street from the Baum home. Bike left behind Shell Gas Station. (not verified by PD)

At some point during walk brother Josh was told to go home by a neighbor friend.

9:00 - 9:15pm - Two girls arrived at mom K's home. Lindsey told by mom K and friend she could not stay the night and needed to leave before dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10 - 9:15 - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until no longer seen.

9:15 - Two different residents saw Lindsey walking on Maple between Fifth and Sixth streets – about halfway between the two homes. According to mom Baum, one of the residents is a co-worker; according to police, one works for the county.

10:00pm - Mom Baum with a a broken down car searched for Lindsey on foot. Mom K was charging her cell phone and couldn't be reached.

10:30pm - Mom Baum joined Mom K and friend in car search for Lindsey.

10:45 - 10:50pm - Mom Baum called police - reported daughter Lindsey missing.

July 3rd - Lindsey's father, Gregory Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National guard, flew into Washington from Tennessee late in evening.

July 18th weekend - Gregory Scott Baum flew back to Tennessee to be with his unit.

JULY 7th - Lindsey's 11th birthday.

Who are our timeline experts? Let's get a timeline started here! :blowkiss:

Kimster - I put up a time-line for Lindsey. I keep a time-line for most cases I'm interested in; it helps to organize my thinking. If it's not appropriate please delete and let me know the reasons...I will try to correct it. Hope this helps.

eyes4crime, The way you have it written it sounds like the girls went to see if Lindsey could stay at KKs house. I believe they wanted MK to stay the night at Lindseys.

eyes4crime, The way you have it written it sounds like the girls went to see if Lindsey could stay at KKs house. I believe they wanted MK to stay the night at Lindseys.

JenniferO-I've heard it both ways...seems they wanted a sleepover at either home. I'll change it to make that clear. Thanks!

The only reason I remember it was Lindsey wanting MK to spend the night was 1. she didn't take any thing with her (pjs, toothbrush, phone etc) and 2. the brother was supposed to walk to MKs house in case MK couldn't sleep over then Lindsey wouldn't be walking home alone.

Welcome.

Kimster - I put up a time-line for Lindsey. I keep a time-line for most cases I'm interested in; it helps to organize my thinking. If it's not appropriate please delete and let me know the reasons...I will try to correct it. Hope this helps.

Its awesome! I was hoping someone would jump in and get it started!!!

thank-1.gif

I'm open to any and all questions, updates, and improvements regarding the time-line. Please leave comments on this thread and I'll make the changes or will comment back to you. All of us working together can get this right! TIA

Don't know if it's considered important:
6/27 (4:00 a.m.) McCleary PD calls in Grays Harbor County Sheriff.
If you need confirmation link, let me know.

Excellent and very accurate time line of the events Eyes. I live in Raymond which is about 45 miles and a roughly 50 to 60 minute drive from McCleary. I had traveled through McCleary on July 1 when the initial search was winding down but had managed to obtain some fliers to post around town.

I do have a couple of very plausible theories that I will be opsting in another thread.

someone asked about this time-line - thought I would make a comment to bring it up towards the top. Don't know how else to do this.

someone asked about this time-line - thought I would make a comment to bring it up towards the top. Don't know how else to do this.

This is exactly how you do it :wink:

Oftentimes, the members say "bumpity bump" or something similar in order the achieve the same result.

Lindsey Time-Line

MAY 29th - Lindsey wrote:
I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen...
Her mood - scared

June 16th (Tues)- Last day of school, around 10:00am.

June 25th (Thu) - Kayla overnight at Lindsey's home.

JUNE 26TH (Friday)- 9:15PM....LAST TIME LINDSEY WAS SEEN - dressed in light blue pull-over hoodie shirt, blue jeans, black slip on shoes.

June 26th (Day hours) - Lindsey swimming with Kayla and group of girls.

8:19pm (Friday evening hours) - Lindsey, Kayla, and group of swimming friends in video store having a good time laughing & joking. Lindsey and Kayla did not rent videos.

8:25pm - Lindsey and Kayla left video store - walked to Lindsey's home to see if another over-night was possible. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes. Mom Baum stated Lindsey left with no clothes or money; left cell phone charging.

8:45pm? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla and brother Josh left for Kayla's home where girls wanted a sleep-over.

Altercation between Lindsey and brother took place behind Shell gas station across and down the street from the Baum home. Bike left behind Shell Gas Station. (not verified by PD)

At some point during walk brother Josh was told to go home by a neighbor friend.

9:00 - 9:15pm - Two girls arrived at mom K's home. Lindsey told by mom K and friend she could not stay the night and needed to leave before dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10 - 9:15 - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until no longer seen.

9:15 - Two different residents saw Lindsey walking on Maple between Fifth and Sixth streets – about halfway between the two homes. According to mom Baum, one of the residents is a co-worker; according to police, one works for the county.

10:00pm - Mom Baum with a a broken down car searched for Lindsey on foot. Mom K was charging her cell phone and couldn't be reached.

10:30pm - Mom Baum joined Mom K and friend in car search for Lindsey.

10:45 - 10:50pm - Mom Baum called police - reported daughter Lindsey missing.

July 3rd - Lindsey's father, Gregory Scott Baum, a member of the Tennessee National guard, flew into Washington from Tennessee late in evening.

July 18th weekend - Gregory Scott Baum flew back to Tennessee to be with his unit.

JULY 7th - Lindsey's 11th birthday.

~~~~~
good timeline Eyes4Crime

THANK YOU for bumping this time line :)

just looking at it again has brought thoughts on things :)

I wanted to bring this back up and although this isn't a timeline like the prior posts in this thread, I thought it was important to go back and look at media reports. I'm reading through the media thread in chronological and will be copying and pasting snippets.

Police search for 10-year-old McCleary girl
05:39 PM PDT on Saturday, June 27, 2009
Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at roughly 9:15 p.m. on Maple Street. She was walking home from a friend's house, and the distance she had to go was only about four blocks.Small town baffled, alarmed at 10-year-old girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jun 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM PDT
Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. And as the hours drag by with no sign of her, the girl's family fears she may have been taken by a stranger.Search teams have been out looking for the girl, using bloodhounds. Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, are calling people who live in the neighborhood and also are going door to door to see if anyone heard or saw anything. Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce. But with every passing hour, there are mounting worries that the friendly girl who will talk with anybody is in serious trouble.

McCleary girl Missing
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:57 PM PDT
Baum’s mother called the McCleary Police Department at 10:50 p.m., having waited in case her daughter had run into friends or otherwise dawdled, Patrick said.

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girl
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PD
She says Lindsey argued with her brother on her way to a friend's house Friday night. She talked to her friend for a bit, then started for home as darkness fell. The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark. "She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.
Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15. Another friend even walked her part of the way, but Lindsey never showed up at her home.

FBI joins hunt for missing Washington girl
Published: June 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Lindsey was last seen Friday night when she left a friend's house in the small town of McCleary, located on the coast southwest of Seattle, for what should have been a 10-minute walk. Bloodhounds failed to pick up any scent of the child along the route.

National Guard chopper joins search for missing girl
Story Published: Jun 29, 2009 at 7:16 AM PDT
A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent. "We searched all of the outlying area of the logging roads... and up the highway, and along the railroad tracks," said volunteer Stephanie Ross. Pimentel said it's strange that nobody saw anything unusual.

Search for girl expands
Monday, June 29, 2009 1:42 PM PDT
Search dogs were being used this morning in marshy areas surrounding McCleary, and other areas that have been more difficult to traverse during the past two days of intense searching. A National Guard helicopter was to arrive this morning to search the area. And on Sunday, FBI agents were stopping literally every car coming in and out of town, hoping to find a lead. Tami Koethe, a cashier at a neighborhood Shell Station, said local law enforcement reviewed video as part of the search.

Search ramps up for McCleary girl
10:19 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Since investigators have not found any evidence to suggest what happened to Lindsey, they wanted to check her last known whereabouts thoroughly. Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched. Baum says she volunteered to take a polygraph late today. She wanted to clear herself, although police tell us she is not a suspect. "I don't want people saying oh maybe the mom got mad at her and stashed her and now saying she ran away, I don't want anything like that," says Baum. "I want everyone to know my daughter is missing.

Mother Believes Missing Daughter Was Abducted
Posted: 7:32 am PDT June 30, 2009
Investigators monitored Lindsey Baum’s MySpace page for any clues but said the account has been inactive since she vanished and she left no posts indicating she was planning to leave. "There was nothing that indicated any preplanned intention for her to run away or go anywhere," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott. Searching the Wildcat Creeks on Monday, the Thurston County Sheriff's Office dive team didn’t find any signs of the missing girl. Other officers took the contents out of Dumpsters making sure nothing goes unsearched.

CANS Alert Issued for 10 Year Old Washington Girl
Code Amber News Service (CANS) issued this Missing Endangered person Alert after the girl went missing on Friday evening (06-26) while walking home from a friends house in McCleary Washington. McCleary is a small town of about 1,500 residents and is about 15 miles west of Olympia. There is no evidence of foul play in this case but the FBI is joining the investigation and search today (Monday 06-29). The FBI will also be bringing in additional law enforcement personnel to help in the investigation and search. No Amber Alert has been issued in this case

Search for missing girl includes aircraft, door-to-door
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished
Published June 30, 2009
The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses. Kempen said her daughter Michaela had spent Friday with Lindsey and a group of other girls, swimming at a friend’s pool before they returned to the home on Maple Street. Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.” Investigators have taken Lindsey’s computer into evidence, Scott added. Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads, he said.

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House
June 30, 2009
Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.
Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

She began calling Lindsey's cell phone, only to find that her daughter had left it plugged into the charger. Initially thinking that her daughter must have met up with friends in the neighborhood, Baum set out on foot to find her daughter. But there was no sign of her. Eventually, her friend's parents joined the search by car. Baum even let her daughter's beloved German shepherd Kadence off its leash in hopes the dog would help find her. Finally, around 10:45 p.m., Baum said she called the police. Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work. Scott said that there were a few businesses located just off the street Lindsey would have used to get home, and while the little girl did not appear in any of the videos, police have received clues about who was in the area at the time she disappeared.

McCleary’s still searching
Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:49 AM PDT
Lindsey was leaving a friend’s house about four blocks away between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street. “We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

“She wasn’t intentionally supposed to be alone,” Melissa Baum said. “She was with a friend and was supposed to come back together. And it was a fluke because normally she would have her cell phone with her. She takes her cell phone everywhere.” But the cell phone battery was dead and she plugged it in five minutes before leaving.

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn’t gone down.
Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

Expert: Missing girl likely went with someone she knew
09:58 PM PDT on Wednesday, July 1, 2009
"Based on the information I have, it’s someone she possibly knows or is in the area, not outside the area," said Henry Schmidt, with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

She’s no runaway, family says
Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:13 PM PDT
Her family is holding out hope for her return, especially by her 11th birthday, which is next Tuesday.
Melissa Baum said Lindsey’s birthday wish was for a digital camera so she could upload pictures to her computer. She didn’t spend much time watching television but she loved using the computer, including the popular social networking site MySpace and hanging with her friends, according to her family. MySpace.com lists two Lindsey Baums in McCleary with MySpace pages. One, with a picture of Lindsey’s pet German Shepherd on the page, is marked “private.” It lists her mood as “adored” and the name of her account as “DISTURBED.” But it gives no other public information.

A second MySpace account is more public. Her nickname there is TWILIGHT FREAK. She loved the popular “Twilight” series of books, love stories about teen-age vampires. And Stephen King novels. And S.E Hinton, who wrote “The Outsiders.” Cryptically, within two hours of creating this second MySpace account in May, Baum allegedly wrote: “I’ve been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bad is gonna happen.” “Lindsey was having a hard time this school year,” Melissa Baum said. “This was not a good year for her — with the divorce and everything.”

Searchers “not going anywhere”
But Scott said he feels the best course of action instead of blind searching is to use “a smaller group that will be directed to areas that need to be searched again because of a tip or a lead.” Plus, searchers will also head down private logging roads that have been locked and forest lands located within 3 to 5 miles of McCleary. The search has also expanded to parts of Thurston and Mason counties. A video camera that can detect heat couldn’t be used because the ground was emanating too much heat. Unfortunately, Scott said the camera can’t be used today because of the same conditions.
Two Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Officials worked endlessly Wednesday sorting through one-third of McCleary’s garbage, hoping to find a clue that could lead to Lindsey. “We're looking for any signs of evidence of the missing girl. We're looking for clothing Lindsey may have been wearing," said Chief Deputy Dave Pimentel. “And of course the un-talkable."

She would have walked down Maple and would have had to cross 3rd Street, which is a main road in the town and has a crosswalk. At that point she would have had a short walk through a a commercial area, including a nearby bus station and a gas station. She would have had to cross the larger street, then back onto a residential street without a sidewalk and head down to her house at the 300 block of Mommsen Street, a dead-end residential neighborhood within view of the police station. But a minute or two before she crossed 3rd Street, she disappeared. A neighbor spotted her about two-thirds of the way home, Scott said.

Hundreds gather for Baum vigil
The friend who last saw Lindsey also addressed the crowd. She said the girls asked if Lindsey could spend the night at her house, but when her parents said no, the girls parted. “I saw her at the end of Maple (Street),” the girl said. “I always think if my mom and me would’ve done something different this wouldn’t have happened.”

FBI: Stranger not likely behind girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jul 1, 2009 at 7:35 PM PD
On Wednesday a second person came forward to report having seen Lindsey Baum on Friday night as she walked home along Maple Street from a friend's house. Experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children say if the girl was abducted, it most likely wasn't by a stranger who was hiding in the bushes. "From what knowledge we have and the information that I have that it's someone that she possibly knows, somebody that is in the area," said Henry Schmidt with the organization.

The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test. "At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Focus now on abduction
Authorities ask people to report odd behavior
“We are starting to look at this as more of a criminal investigation,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said. “The possibility that someone has facilitated her disappearance is becoming greater as the hours tick on.” “I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing. The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street. Scott said the search would have to continue to expand beyond the city limits, targeting logging roads or other remote areas farther afield. But he vowed it would go on as long as necessary

"You can't imagine the guilt"
Friday, July 3, 2009 11:12 AM PDT
Interviews with neighbors have turned up few leads, he added, and although Baum’s computer has been sent in for forensic testing, there is no guarantee that it will give detectives any information to help them find her. Indeed, Kampen agreed that everyone who was with Lindsey the night she disappeared has already been through enough that they don’t need false information or criticism. Calling herself a glutton for punishment, Kampen has been on the Internet, in the chat rooms, where she said she has read plenty of jeremiads about her and her friends’ parenting skills.

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin enough so he turned around and couldn’t walk back with Lindsey. That’s something he now regrets deeply, Kampen said.

“Waiting for a call of hope
Saturday, July 4, 2009 1:13 AM PDT
“We’ve just been sitting by the phone, waiting for a call of hope,” said Melissa McCann, a close family friend of the Baums. Late this week, investigators had sent Baum’s computer in for forensic testing. Scott said investigators had been able to gather some preliminary information, but it had “yielded nothing.”

Kampen said she has replayed that Friday evening in her head over and over. So has her daughter, Michaela, 10, who spent the day swimming with Lindsey. They walked together with Josh Baum, 13, to the Kampen house. But halfway there, Michaela said they teased Josh, getting under his skin enough so he turned around and couldn’t walk back with Lindsey. That’s something he now regrets deeply, Kampen said.

This is interesting because the story we have been hearing is that they had an argument and someone sent Josh home.

Why I wanted to bring some of the early media reports with the dates published back to the front.

Why I wanted to bring some of the early media reports with the dates published back to the front.
~~~
Over the past couple of weeks my intuition has been saying to me:

"Go back to the beginning, it's right under your nose."

Thanks Knox, for the recap of early media reports.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back