1068 users online (216 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Peterson's slain wife struggled with her killer

http://www.wbbm780.com/Peterson-s-sl...killer/4860022

CHICAGO (WBBM) - There’s new information this morning about the autopsy into the death of one of the wives of former cop Drew Peterson.

The autopsy done months ago reportedly indicates 40-year old Kathleen Savio struggled with her killer before she was drowned in the bathtub of her home in 2004.
    JMO

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/07/...0511248350048/

CHICAGO, July 23 (UPI) -- The third wife of former Illinois police officer Drew Peterson wasn't the victim of an accidental bathtub drowning, the results of a new autopsy indicate.

A re-examination of the body of Kathleen Savio revealed a 1-inch blunt-force laceration on the back of her head and numerous bruises and abrasions all over her body, CNN reported Thursday.
    JMO

Why wasn't this poor woman's death rulled a homicide when she was found? How could all this evidence have been ignored? Her death was ruled an 'accident'.
    Last edited by Paintr; 07-23-2009 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo
    JMO

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/...drew.peterson/

A new autopsy in the Savio case reveals bruising consistent with a struggle.

There was a 1-inch blunt-force laceration on the back of her head, five scraping abrasions and six blunt-force, black-and-blue bruises on her extremities, abdomen and buttocks, the autopsy said
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    Why wasn't this poor woman's death rulled a homicide when she was found? How could all this evidence have been ignored? Her death was ruled an 'accident'.
    You just took the words right out of my fingertips Paintr. As I was reading your posts, that is exactly what I was going to ask. I think someone needs to pay the piper on this one. IF they had not ignored what seems to be very obvious signs here, Stacy would still be alive. Plain and simple.

This is complete Bullchit. I think the people responsible for looking the other way carry just as much guilt as drEWWWWW himself and they should be brought up for charges accordingly. This makes me beyond pissed, it makes me sick. I can't imagine how it makes her family feel. I hope Kathleens sons are aware of this, as much as it will hurt them to hear it, but maybe that will make tellin' the truth a bit easier when it comes to trial time for the dirtbag.

I want nothing more than to wipe that smug grin offa his chin, and I pray they have what they need in order to do so.

I have to say, I am enjoying the quiet of late from his mouthpiece Brodsky. I can't stand listening to him either. Those two are certainly a match made in he!!...........
    Last edited by TallCoolOne; 07-23-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Because quiet is not spelled quite, DUH on me!

http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/cr..._killer/47264/

Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky dismissed the allegation, saying it was one of many claims that he would disprove.

Peterson remains in jail, awaiting trial.

Sorry TallCoolOne, but Mr Brodsky wasn't completely silent. lol

I wonder if Mr Brodsky knew these results were about to hit the media and that was one reason he wanted the trial delayed.

I am curious as to who did the very first autopsy and how could any coroner, even semi competent at his job, miss these indications.
    Last edited by Paintr; 07-23-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo + add thought
    JMO

Kathleen Savio
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post

I am curious as to who did the very first autopsy and how could any coroner, even semi competent at his job, miss these indications.
    Respectfully snipped,

Yet another good question that really needs to be addressed!!!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I knew I was saving these for some reason.

Kathleen Savio's first autopsy report:

(not sure this will work)
    http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/b...1st%20Autopsy/

Looks like it was signed by Patrick O'Neil.

some of the bruises were done with enough force that they're still showing all this time later?!?!?! that was one HELLO of a fall in the tub (sarcasm)
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Only because I just dont know.....How can they say she had bruises, wouldn't she be just a skelton? Its been how many years now?
    God is Great Beer is Good And People are Crazy

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/g...072309.article

At the time, an autopsy determined Savio had drowned and a coroner's jury ruled the death accidental. State police Special Agent Herbert Hardy had informed the jury that an investigation turned up no indications of foul play in Savio's death.

State police renewed their interest in Savio's death when the next wife - the now 24-year-old Stacy - vanished in October. State police have labeled their investigation of the young woman's whereabouts a potential homicide.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by lovelabs View Post
    Only because I just dont know.....How can they say she had bruises, wouldn't she be just a skelton? Its been how many years now?
    I heard on the news that much of the new autopsy was based on the notations made on the first autopsy (where bruises, etc., were apparently ignored for purposes of finding cause of death but were still noted in the report.)

ETA -- I must have misheard this. The newest autopsy report was not based partially on the first autopsy, but on the second, more recent one.
    Baden's report cited Blum's findings of a 1-inch blunt-force laceration on the back of her head, five scraping abrasions and six blunt-force black-and-blue bruises on her extremities, abdomen and buttock.
    Baden also noted that even though the body was partially decomposed, "bruises and contusions caused by blunt force injuries shortly before death" were still visible on the right breast, the upper right thigh and the abdomen.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/...drew.peterson/
    Last edited by STEADFAST; 07-23-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelabs View Post
    Kathleen's body was embalmed and placed in a sealed casket so tissue would be much better preserved than a body left lying in the open.
    JMO

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07...y5182728.shtml

Savio's family has long voiced suspicions about the circumstances surrounding her death. In a lawsuit filed by the family, it is alleged that Peterson went to Savio's house on Feb. 28, 2004, to "brutally ... stalk, attack, repeatedly beat, then drown,” his third wife. Savio survived the attack for an unknown period of time before drowning, the lawsuit says.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/kathlee...2.1098258.html

Soon after, Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow announced he was reopening Savio's case and said the scene of her death appeared to have been staged to conceal a homicide.

Savio's remains were exhumed in November of 2007. Forensic pathologist Larry Blum examined her body and prepared the autopsy report released Thursday by Glasgow's office. A third autopsy was conducted by celebrity forensic pathologist Michael Baden at the behest of Savio's relatives. After his examination, Baden announced live on cable television his belief that the death was a homicide.
    JMO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast