AZ - Young boys sexually assult 8 yr old girl -- Family blames victim!!

palmerk

Reaction score
I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't see the video on CNN
[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/07/23/dnt.az.girl.gang.raped.ktvk[/ame]

I hope CPS places this child with adults who acutally care!:furious:

OMG!!!!
This %#@#@% family can bite my *advertiser censored**!!!
I wan't to have her, I would love to give this baby girl a great life.
This pi**es me off .....UGH!
#@@#%#@@%%##@#%@#%##@%%#@#%%!!!!! (I'm banging on my keyboard here.... sheesh, I sound like a Sailor).

OMG, how horrible for this precious little girl. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves, not this poor, innocent baby. :(

I'd bet that the parents behavior has to do with the views of sexual assaults in their home country. In many parts of the world, women are still stoned to death and blamed for sexual assaults that happen to them.

Poor little girl. I hope she finds a kind family who will appreciate her for the gift she is.

20 percent of Liberia is Islamic-I wonder if this is why the family rejected the girl or possibly threatened her with an honor killing...

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/07/23/20090723abrk-phxsexassault23-ON.html

(snip)
Authorities said the victim was in the care of Child Protective Services after her parents blamed her for the rapes and bringing shame to the family.
“The father told the case worker and an officer in her presence that he didn't want her back. He said Take her, I don't want her,'” Hill said.
Hill cited the family's background as the reason the family shunned the girl.
In many parts of Africa, women often are blamed for being raped for “enticing” men or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Girls who are raped often are shunned by their families.
In recent years, Liberia has made efforts to combat rape under the leadership of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who has sought to dispel the stigma associated with sexual assault by publicly acknowledging that she was herself the victim of attempted rape during the country's civil war.

I know that this is soooo non-PC, but you parents - GO BACK! THIS IS AMERICA, either learn the culture (as my imigrant fore-relatives did) and assimilate, or GO BACK! DO NOT send OUR culture into the dark ages, where your culture abides.

Rant off - I am SO glad that the little girl is safe in the hands of the USA.

My view on CPS and the family courts is pretty well known. Unless a parent has beat (not spanked) their child, I don't think the government should interfere with the parent's right to raise their child how they see fit.
I guess I have to change that to not interfering with parents who actually LOVE their children. How can you not hurt when your child hurts ? How can you picture this happening to your baby and be angry with her ?
The sister said she wants the boys out of jail. She feels sorry for THEM. The little girl should know better than to trust another little boy, she should know that a 9 year old might rape her if she follows him to get a piece of gum.
I don't say this often, but I hope this little girl NEVER goes home.

I'd bet that the parents behavior has to do with the views of sexual assaults in their home country. In many parts of the world, women are still stoned to death and blamed for sexual assaults that happen to them.

Poor little girl. I hope she finds a kind family who will appreciate her for the gift she is.

Unfortunately, you are exactly right that some cultures blame the female. However, they are living in America where that thinking is unacceptable. When I first heard this report on the news, I was appalled. Later, I saw the mother & older sister being interviewed and I was just heartbroken to hear them say that she - the 8 yr old - was responsible for the gang rape and she brings shame upon their family!! Then I recalled a story I heard some time ago that a father had cut off his daughter's head because she had consensual premarital sex with her boyfriend. I believe they were Hindus, but I may be wrong. The father defended his action by say the same thing - the daughter had brought shame upon the family. This is just very disturbing to me.

This is a cultural thing and it is very sad.

This does not reflect AMERICAN culture. And, I'm sorry, but any culture that embraces what we're seeing here is *advertiser censored**ed up. If you choose to live in the United States of America, learn the culture and LAWS here!!!!

My heart aches for this little girl, but I hope she will have a fighting chance wherever she winds up. That being said, the boys that raped her are facing an uphill battle as well. Their "culture" has taught them that what they did was acceptable. How will they learn that it's not??? I'm sorry they are in the U.S. Sorry...

I know that this is soooo non-PC, but you parents - GO BACK! THIS IS AMERICA, either learn the culture (as my imigrant fore-relatives did) and assimilate, or GO BACK! DO NOT send OUR culture into the dark ages, where your culture abides.

Again, TRASH!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/phoenix.juvenile.assault/index.html

Thank God, in a way, that the family has been outspoken because it is likely this child would have been jettisoned or worse had she been left to live with her family.

I am disturbed with the adult charge for the 14 year old-I am of two minds because I think it is important to show this integrated community what will and will not be tolerated in the country they are choosing to live in. But, as has been mentioned, it is likely these children had no idea that they could not victimize in this way. They probably knew the outcome for the child, and that still did not prevent the crime....I think the actions of Maricopa County are spot on-these people will lose the child and the other families will likely lose the perpetrators for a time. This will give these children to have another influence that is more liberal towards the treatment of females at a time when they are still malleable to a degree.
The 23 year old sister is responsible as well for not watching the child more closely if she felt there was a threat to her...she is certainly provided enough tape for them to consider charging her as well. JMO.

Again, TRASH!!!!

While I admire your passion friend, I don't think we are in danger of adopting this cultural phenomenon here in the US. I am grateful that they are here and this child can be saved rather than the fate she would face if she were in Liberia.

This does not reflect AMERICAN culture. And, I'm sorry, but any culture that embraces what we're seeing here is *advertiser censored**ed up. If you choose to live in the United States of America, learn the culture and LAWS here!!!!

My heart aches for this little girl, but I hope she will have a fighting chance wherever she winds up. That being said, the boys that raped her are facing an uphill battle as well. Their "culture" has taught them that what they did was acceptable. How will they learn that it's not??? I'm sorry they are in the U.S. Sorry...

Deep-rooted cultural beliefs don't often change based on a few years in another culture.

Our response to their response is the best way to introduce them to the idea that we do not blame child victims of assault.

My prayers for this family.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/23/phoenix.juvenile.assault/index.html

Thank God, in a way, that the family has been outspoken because it is likely this child would have been jettisoned or worse had she been left to live with her family.

I am disturbed with the adult charge for the 14 year old-I am of two minds because I think it is important to show this integrated community what will and will not be tolerated in the country they are choosing to live in. But, as has been mentioned, it is likely these children had no idea that they could not victimize in this way. They probably knew the outcome for the child, and that still did not prevent the crime....I think the actions of Maricopa County are spot on-these people will lose the child and the other families will likely lose the perpetrators for a time. This will give these children to have another influence that is more liberal towards the treatment of females at a time when they are still malleable to a degree.
The 23 year old sister is responsible as well for not watching the child more closely if she felt there was a threat to her...she is certainly provided enough tape for them to consider charging her as well. JMO.

Great post, believe. There is a lot going on in this sad sad crime!

OMG, how horrible for this precious little girl. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves, not this poor, innocent baby. :(

Unfortunately this seems like a cultural thing, the parents seem to be shamed and do not know how to cope.
I am not sure these people can help to heal this child trauma.
I wonder what may happen to her. :(

While I do believe that this is cultural - We are living in the 21st century...They were not living in a vacuum...People from around the world espire for equality. There are cell phones, internet, TV, even twitter - EVERYwhere. How can people CHOOSE to be so ignorant??? This is beyond my comprehension - hence my rants. Didn't mean to offend anyone, but in this day and age - how can ANYONE embrace this igornace?
"Culture" or not???

Surely the parents will be facing child abandonment charges?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back