686 users online (96 members and 590 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    254

    The ninth member

    TOTAL SPECULATION....


    Regardless of who planned, directed, or ultimately gained from the crime; the sheriff clearly believed that the ninth member was supposed to disable the video surveillance system.

    You might expect this person to have the following attributes:

    * Trust of BB and MB
    * Access to grounds and house -all parts.
    * Intimate with security setup and location/operation of controls
    * Someone whose presence is so expected, it is almost not even noted

    * Therefore a person who meets all the above requirements and also is willing to be associated with a violent crime, might fit the following profile:

    * Long local criminal history, including violent acts, drugs, lying, battery, resist arrest and assault on police w/viol, financial judgments, foreclosures, court directed drug rehab, suspended prison sentences, violation of probation, use of crack cocaine, poss cocaine and paraphernalia... record extending back into juvenile
    * Very well known to the family, and in a position of physical and emotional closeness.
    * Might only be willing to operate on the assurance the children would not be harmed
    * Tell the media they have no idea why someone would do this, or who could have
    * Based on history of how similar crimes often unfold, person might even have been the first contact for LE.
    * Have the middle initial "M."
    Last edited by Lossmitpro; 07-23-2009 at 04:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    230
    This topic is difficult, isn't it? I have two POIs. But the only way to catch them is to let the media frenzy die down and hope they slip up. You can't go to court with only the killer's testimony...which they obviously have already.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Hmmm....I would also add that this 9th person knew where everything inside that house was supposed to be located - including Byrd and Melanie. If I stop for a moment and think who would have that kind of knowledge about my family......it hits very close to home - except that the only "safe" I have is a rubbermaid container filled with kindergarten drawings, Mother's Day cards, and Wedding Anniversary cards from my dear husband!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Hmmm....I would also add that this 9th person knew where everything inside that house was supposed to be located - including Byrd and Melanie. If I stop for a moment and think who would have that kind of knowledge about my family......it hits very close to home - except that the only "safe" I have is a rubbermaid container filled with kindergarten drawings, Mother's Day cards, and Wedding Anniversary cards from my dear husband!!!
    Which is more valuable than all the money in the world.

    I would say you are one very wealthy woman.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    3,320
    Hmmm........who could it be?? I think someone gave them inside info....so who???
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Who gained the most from this murder?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,317
    I suspect that the person who said her son was in the house when the murders occurred was right. That was said early on and then that person tried to correct it.

    That still would not account for one of the children having to run to a neighbors house for help, tho. That is, unless the child was not aware 'he' was there.

    JMO
    Last edited by LaLaw2000; 07-24-2009 at 04:13 AM.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Lossmitpro View Post
    TOTAL SPECULATION....
    Regardless of who planned, directed, or ultimately gained from the crime; the sheriff clearly believed that the ninth member was supposed to disable the video surveillance system.
    Maybe the 9th person was going to disable the system via the internet.
    Maybe this person was a hacker friend of one of the murderers.
    Maybe this person screwed up the hacking attempt.
    Maybe this person thought it would be cool to say he was gonna do it and not do it.
    Maybe this person was going to this from another state or even another country.
    Maybe that's why the ESCO won't be making that arrest.
    Maybe that's why the FBI is involved.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    35

    The 9th Person

    I recall the investigators saying that they needed to interview as many as 8 to 10 more people to figure out who the 9th was. This was a day or so after talking with LPGjr's wife Tabatha. IMO, I still believe that there's more about her than we have been led to believe. We shall see...
    My Opinion, in this quest for the TRUTH is never meant to offend, and it's always open to new evidence.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverPirate View Post
    Maybe the 9th person was going to disable the system via the internet.
    Maybe this person was a hacker friend of one of the murderers.
    Maybe this person screwed up the hacking attempt.
    Maybe this person thought it would be cool to say he was gonna do it and not do it.
    Maybe this person was going to this from another state or even another country.
    Maybe that's why the ESCO won't be making that arrest.
    Maybe that's why the FBI is involved.
    BBM

    I haven't been following as closely as some, so I may be off the mark on this.

    I think this is the most likely answer. All the suspects IMO thought they were better and smarter than they really were. This crime was rehearsed. Why would they still go in, if the one thing (security cameras) that could lead the police directly to them were still in place?

    I think they may have rehearsed, and believed they were going to carry out the "perfect" crime. They may have also planned on doing more than one job, that they could become rich from stealing safes full of cash from the wealthy.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    702
    I wonder if anyone has been let go or fired from the Billings household in the past 4-6 months or longer? Someone could have been employed there in order to scope out the house, schedules, security system and then just decided to give notice that they are moving away.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    254
    I want to say something... delicately...

    1. Often when looking up people by name in court or public records, it is all too easy to accidentally combine several similarly named individuals into one composite, and make false assumptions. This is a very common error, and one that occurs all too often, even when trying to stay on guard for it. Using sources like Pipl or Zabasearch or other online 'people finders' even exacerbates the 'official' records problem, because their algorithms sometimes seem to make their OWN connections where none actually exist, and so you not only have identified the wrong person, but it *seems* you have substantiated your work when you use a list of addresses or perhaps family members to 'cross check' your accuracy.

    2. That said, the opposite also often occurs, too. People sometimes purposefully or accidentally obfuscate their names, addresses, and/or DOB/Age info. This could be in order to make it appear they are someone else with a similar name, or to keep one 'version' of their name from having all records linked to that single identity - a way of diffusing their records.

    3. It appears to me (but I do not know the various uses, or if I am correct) that the use of an "Xref-ID" field is often used:
    a) to prevent falsely ID'ing someone with another's records.
    b) to combine similar names that one might use into a single trackable identity, i.e. records for "James, Jim, Jimmie, Jimmy, John,, J. , Jay, etc" could all refer to the same person.
    c) to easily pull up all records for that person, even if they are using a totally different alias, or have had name changed legally.

    Why am I going over all this? Because a person who is currently totally absent from the news reporting has captured my curiosity, and in my attempt to verify their records, I am finding that what seems on the surface to be two or more people is, IMHO, definitely only one, and that if they are indeed only one (i.e. if I am correct), then this is a very unsavory person, who has had very intimate association with the victims, and might also have motive/propensity to 'sell out' the family for drugs, money, or other inducement.

    I am currently building a spreadsheet that has a field for every data chunk in a record, and can therefore compare the percentage of information that is in common (addresses, telephone numbers, DOB, make of car, year of car, veh lic num, first middle and last name used, etc) and can then be cross checked against similar, but not exact, records. As a simplistic example, if a person goes by "J. Smyth", and then you find "Jay Smith" at the same address, same phone number, same make and year of car, similar criminal behavior, DOB off by ONE DAY, etc, then it is not too big a leap to believe those are really only one person, especially if you discover that "Jay Smith" sometimes uses a middle name, "Jay Dale Smith", and later you correlate "J. Smyth" and "J.D. Smith" as having both been involved in the same business...

    Anyway, here is the final point: If my understanding of the intent of the "Xref-ID" field is correct, then this feature of the Escambia County records at least, is useless -- I have discovered NINE different Xref-ID entries for a person that I consider to be one physical being (using my cross referencing method) who, again IMHO, might be central to this case.
    Last edited by Lossmitpro; 07-31-2009 at 01:36 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Lossmitpro View Post
    I want to say something... delicately...

    1. Often when looking up people by name in court or public records, it is all too easy to accidentally combine several similarly named individuals into one composite, and make false assumptions. This is a very common error, and one that occurs all too often, even when trying to stay on guard for it. Using sources like Pipl or Zabasearch or other online 'people finders' even exacerbates the 'official' records problem, because their algorithms sometimes seem to make their OWN connections where none actually exist, and so you not only have identified the wrong person, but it *seems* you have substantiated your work when you use a list of addresses or perhaps family members to 'cross check' your accuracy.....
    Loss: I wonder if we are investigating the same person? I am looking into someone who I think could be very involved in this. This person has quite an unusual name. If you Google the full name like this: "First Middle Last" you get no matches. If you Google it like this "Last, First Middle", it appears on only one site.

    HOWEVER, when I look up the name in the escambia records, no fewer than 5 different birthdates are shown!!! So, there are either five different people in Escambia county with the same unusual name, sometimes living at the same address.... or the same person is intentionally supplying misleading information.....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    when I look up the name in the escambia records, no fewer than 5 different birthdates are shown!!! So, there are either five different people in Escambia county with the same unusual name, sometimes living at the same address.... or the same person is intentionally supplying misleading information.....
    It would indeed seem that we are observing the same anomalies.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,539
    Just as an FYI for new members, you can look at the top of this page to see if you have a PM. You can also reply to PMs, by clicking the Private Message link.


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast