• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chemaster

Reaction score
With the current information given was murder one of the primary motives:

• The crime was well planned out for over a month
• The house had been targeted and visited on multiple occasions
• They had an over-abundance of man-power and weapons​

Given the above, they could have easily monitored the house and arrived when the parents weren’t home so why break-in when they are home and with all of this fire-power? Even, if there was some resistance they could have easily over-come this couple and tied them up, especially with karate kid on the scene.

It seems murder would have had to be one of the primary motives from the beginning. Maybe, not to all of them but at least to the ring-leaders. Of course, they also wanted the money, documents or anything else that they could grab .... but they were out for blood.

Oh I believe murder was the primary target. Now I do believe that the shooter may have been the only one to know that. The rest (or at least some) really believed they were there to rob the place. But someone wanted the Billings dead. There has been mention of $20,000 to $50,000 payout plus whatever they could take. Who was the person that was going to pay that amount of money. I still believe that the person that wanted the Billings dead is still out there free and walking around.JMO

Oh I believe murder was the primary target. Now I do believe that the shooter may have been the only one to know that. The rest (or at least some) really believed they were there to rob the place. But someone wanted the Billings dead. There has been mention of $20,000 to $50,000 payout plus whatever they could take. Who was the person that was going to pay that amount of money. I still believe that the person that wanted the Billings dead is still out there free and walking around.JMO

ITA!

Plus, the timing when it took place indicates (to me, at least), that both of the Billings would be home after getting the kids to bed (as reported in the 2005 PNJ article).

And, the 4 minutes in and out means they knew the inside of the house and where the safe was (they had to have gotten this info from someone!).

JMO

What A Most Difficult Question!!

How Much Money Does One NEED/WANT?

Jr. Was Getting $150,000 For His Investigating....
Pam Has Homes, Friends With Yachts...

Possibly... I Still Don't Know. I Have Too Many Questions And No Links/Answers.

It happened so darn fast! One of the Billings was already bound when shot to death. Why shoot them when it seems you had enough of a crew to pull it off without shooting? IMO, probably only one or two of the crew knew it was going to be a murder, and the rest of them thought it was just a robbery. Who wanted the Billings dead and why? I figure LPG Jr. could be somewhat delusional in his plans, but why would PLW get herself so involved?

Call me crazy, but I think there was a person very close to the family that is still out there walking around that could have wanted the Billings dead. JMO. And no, it is not Ashley, but someone extremely close to her. Again, JMO.

Call me crazy, but I think there was a person very close to the family that is still out there walking around that could have wanted the Billings dead. JMO. And no, it is not Ashley, but someone extremely close to her. Again, JMO.

ITA - and it will be shocking. JMO

Oh LaLaw, I hope it's not who I think your insinuating . . .hurts to even imagine but I've wondered that myself. JMO

What A Most Difficult Question!!

How Much Money Does One NEED/WANT?

Jr. Was Getting $150,000 For His Investigating....
Pam Has Homes, Friends With Yachts...

Possibly... I Still Don't Know. I Have Too Many Questions And No Links/Answers.

The $150,000 was cut off as soon as the evidence was brought to light. When the money stopped flowing, he withdrew his testimony and was rewarded with immunity from perjury. The unanswered question is WHO was the "client" that originally paid him? Someone with a child that's into martial arts? Who knows?

Thank You For Adding NOT SURE....

How Greedy Are People? Could I Murder For Money? I Don't Think So. I Don't Have Money, And Never Had Any. I Don't Think There Was Enough Money Offered For Murder Or Robbery. When You Go Into A Man's Castle, You Must Be Prepared To Kill.

Is This A Simple Home Invasion? I Am Not Sure. There Is An Awful Amount Of Loose Ends That Do Not Make Sense. I Do Not Have A Criminal's Mind. Why Not Burn The House Down? Were They Told To Protect The Children? They Could Have Done ANYTHING They Wanted To, But They Ran Out In Four Minutes...

Why Were They In Such A Hurry To Drop The Goods Off At Pam's, Who Then Ran To Get On A Yacht???

One of the local papers is promising to give more details tomorrow that haven't been shared... I would guess that it will show that robbery wasn't the only motive. Here is a link to the pre-story lead in.
\http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9737

I think the motive was two fold.

Main motive, robbery.
Second motive, leave no adult witness behind to talk.

Pretty much like other home invasions we have seen in recent years. People that didn't have to be killed are being killed. No binding or tying them up but just kill them instead, seems to be the choice for some.

Gonzalez Jr. was the Pied Piper and mastermind imo. His grandiose thinking made this into an all out commando type raid. Bet he watched a lot of movies who are about commandos coming into a place to make a full sweep quickly and read these kind of books.

But in the end G-Jr and his dudes and one dudette weren't near as smart as they thought they were. Didn't even get the safe that had the cash in it.

But most criminals are dumb and that is why they get caught. That is good for society and bad for them.

imo

I think the motive was two fold.

Main motive, robbery.
Second motive, leave no adult witness behind to talk.

Pretty much like other home invasions we have seen in recent years. People that didn't have to be killed are being killed. No binding or tying them up but just kill them instead, seems to be the choice for some.

Gonzalez Jr. was the Pied Piper and mastermind imo. His grandiose thinking made this into an all out commando type raid. Bet he watched a lot of movies who are about commandos coming into a place to make a full sweep quickly and read these kind of books.

But in the end G-Jr and his dudes and one dudette weren't near as smart as they thought they were. Didn't even get the safe that had the cash in it.

But most criminals are dumb and that is why they get caught. That is good for society and bad for them.

imo

Just for discussion - if this was the case, why didn't they do it when BB and MB weren't home? Why didn't they murder the children (who also saw them)? If robbery, why didn't they take other things which were readily available (BB's wallet, wedding rings, etc)? Since they thought the alarm system was disabled, why didn't they wait until the house was asleep before entering? (In a house that size, a lot could have been searched without anyone hearing anything.) And since they were in Ninja gear, why did they have to kill the Billings - why didn't they just secure them and duct tape their mouths?
That's just some of my questions - and also it is why robbery as a motive just doesn't make sense. MO - they were involved in organized crime and it was a hit -

Just for discussion - if this was the case, why didn't they do it when BB and MB weren't home? Why didn't they murder the children (who also saw them)? If robbery, why didn't they take other things which were readily available (BB's wallet, wedding rings, etc)? Since they thought the alarm system was disabled, why didn't they wait until the house was asleep before entering? (In a house that size, a lot could have been searched without anyone hearing anything.) And since they were in Ninja gear, why did they have to kill the Billings - why didn't they just secure them and duct tape their mouths?
That's just some of my questions - and also it is why robbery as a motive just doesn't make sense. MO - they were involved in organized crime and it was a hit -

Maybe they knew the Billings had the combination to the safe or safes.

I am sorry I cant answer that question anymore than I can answer why other home invaders infiltrate a home and instead of binding the victims up and leaving them alive, they brutally kill them.

Cold blooded I guess.

imo

I've always felt the motive was murder!

I've been very uncomfortable the police department's avoidiance of the possibility. I'm not from the area, but I get the feeling that it's a good-old-boy type of town. Why else would the police department constantly try to protect reputations of the victims during media statements/appearances? I'm just sharing how I felt when I watched the police department media updates. That's the feeling I got.

Or why have the police announced that they are not investigating the Billings family? When there are murder victims, I always thought the first thing investigated was the victims' lives, pasts, and associates, to determine a motive. But the police department has been avoiding that from the start. It's like it never occurred to them that the murderer could have planned to take the safe so it would look like a robbery-gone-bad to throw the police off.

I also think it's very strange that the Billing's family hired an attorney to protect the victim's reputation.

Miss Muffet, you figured it out. That is exactly what Pensacola is like. David Morgan had no ties when he was elected, but sounds like he fell right in line with the program.

I keep wondering who would make out the best if the Billings were murdered............
and I'm researching many people........IMOO

This was posted by UNDERDOG on another thread -
" #14 Today, 04:17 PM
UnderDog
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2009

Related article found in quick search.
"The NAFTA freeway makes it so easy and inexpensive for them to just steal the car and drive it down from Houston to Guatemala," said Lt. Victor Rodriguez of
Houston's auto theft division. "They can do it for $100 in gas, and there are very few checks."

It is suspected that many of the vehicles end up in Mexico. Others make it farther south.

Gaining access to Guatemala's database took time, communication and lots of tedious work, Salazar said. It could be even more challenging in countries where
paper files and typewriters are still used, he said.

"No country really checks its registrations against another country's stolen vehicles," said Rodriguez, who estimates vehicle theft generates $8 billion a year. He's in
Washington, D.C., working for a year with the FBI to promote and expand his department's efforts to other countries.

Central American countries and Mexico "are beginning to see the totality of the problem," said Ralph Lumpkin, border operations director of the National Insurance
Crime Bureau.
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...ons/stolen.htm"

Thanks UNDERDOG for the link -
So the motive could be as simple as this....

Thanks UNDERDOG for the link -
So the motive could be as simple as this.... "who knew"

Or as complicated...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members