26 July 2009 - Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSION ***

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
2009.07.26 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force lists latest report
last modified July 25. 2009 1:28AM
<snipped>
The Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force issued a press release Friday that discusses the number of tips it has received to date and attempts to clear up some rumors that have been talked about in regards to the investigation.

The task force reports it is continuing to follow up on the more than 1,200 tips and resulting leads on the case, in which the 5-year-old Monroe girl went missing May 24 and was found dead June 4.

"Only partial results have been received on the analysis of evidence recovered at the gravesite and submitted to the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory," the notice said.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090725/NEWS01/707259962

I missed this article while I was on vacation! :angel:

Nevaeh&#8217;s killer needs to come forward
last modified July 20. 2009 12:00PM
<snipped>
Dear ______,

After reading the Monroe County Sheriff's latest news release on the cause of death of little Nevaeh Buchanan, I felt compelled to write to you. Since the sheriff believes you may still walk among us, perhaps you will read this letter. In the event you do, just fill in your name in the spot I've left blank in the greeting; you know who you are!

I struggle to understand how any human being could do what you've done to another &#8212; it's unspeakable that you've done it to a child &#8212; and I hope you soon come to your senses and confess. I'd like to try to understand why you've done this, and, why it keeps happening in America.

Perhaps you're a regular at a local strip joint where paying five bucks for a bottle of beer is worth it to have some young woman who sells herself for your dollar bills dance naked in front of you? Then, because you have no desire or moral compass to develop a normal, loving relationship with a mature, adult woman, you kept your eye peeled for a small, defenseless, easy to overpower target?

You have a choice and trust me; it is your only true option.

Confess!

Start by confessing to God; tell Him what you've done and ask Him to forgive you. Then, go to the sheriff and do the same. Knowing how soft our country is these days you'll probably spend the rest of your life in prison instead of tasting the electricity &#8212; or worse &#8212; that many would like for you.

Why would that be easier? Because if you don't, I believe that nothing the sheriff or the law &#8212; or the thousands out there who want just five minutes alone with you &#8212; can do to you will be worse than what God will do once you've taken your last gasp!

But what do I know.

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090720/TREECELOCCOL/707209972/-1/COLUMNISTS

I also missed this article while I was on vacation! :angel:

Parents prepare for unthinkable
last modified July 18. 2009 10:48PM
<snipped>
Michelle Rousselo talked with her 4-year-old daughter, Madison, when Nevaeh Buchanan went missing and was murdered.

"We didn&#8217;t keep anything from her," the Monroe resident said. "She saw the helicopters flying around and said she hoped they would bring her home."

Mrs. Rousselo said the innocence of her daughter brought a tear to her eye. That&#8217;s why she and her husband, Andy, took their two children to the Elite Motor Mall, 14975 S. Dixie Hwy., Saturday for a free DNA LifePrint kit.

Dozens of parents came out to receive kits for their children.

"The Nevaeh case was really eye-opening for us because it happened so close to home," Mrs. Rousselo said. "As parents, we want to keep our children safe, so if something like that were to happen again here, we will be prepared."

David Proffitt, chief operating officer of Elite, said the company has hosted several of the DNA LifePrint child safety events in the last five years.

John Walsh, an anti-crime advocate whose son was murdered, endorses events like this throughout the country. Mr. Proffitt said someone from Mr. Walsh&#8217;s foundation contacted him to host Saturday&#8217;s event in response to the Nevaeh Buchanan case.

"The kit increases the chance of finding missing kids," Mr. Proffitt said. "The kit has the most critical tools to help the police."

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/307189998

I also missed this article while I was on vacation!

Fear and technology are keeping kids indoors
July 21, 2009
<snipped>
Joy Passatta loaded her two children, a 12-year-old daughter and a 6-year-old son, onto their bikes on a hot summer morning. They rode a mile to swim class, where the kids burned off more energy in the pool. Then they biked home.

And despite all that, Passatta, 37, still worries her kids don't play outside like she did growing up.

Her kids are not alone. It's no secret that even in the warm, sunny days of summer, children don't play outside like they used to.

But Clements (Rhonda Clements is an education professor) said fear plays a role, too. With tragic headlines -- such as the recent story of Nevaeh Buchanan, who was taken from her Monroe apartment complex and found dead weeks later -- parents are often reminded about the danger of letting kids roam free. So Clements said, they tell their kids they can't play outside alone. And that carries a dangerous message of its own.

"You don't want to become the hovering parent," Clements said, "so protective and fearful of letting kids go outdoors and making use of play spaces."

Article:
http://www.freep.com/article/200907.../Fear-and-technology-are-keeping-kids-indoors

ID card found in creek not seen as relevant to Nevaeh investigation
Article published July 26, 2009
Updated: 6:27 am
<snipped>
MONROE - An expired state of Michigan identification card that was found Wednesday in a small creek along Telegraph Road does not appear to have any relevance to the ongoing investigation surrounding the slaying of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan, according to a statement issued by the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

The document belonged to George Kennedy, 39, a registered sex offender who has been described by authorities as a boyfriend of the child's mother, Jennifer Buchanan, and a "person of interest" in the case.

The Monroe County Sheriff's Office said the ID card was found by a passerby, but "does not appear to have any significance to the Buchanan investigation."

A task force of multiple agencies has been reviewing more than 1,200 tips, the sheriff's office said.

Article:
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090726/NEWS02/907260359/0/ARCHIVES

Police say ID card isn't linked to Nevaeh Buchanan case
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 8:48 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 26, 2009 8:52 AM EDT
<snipped>
MONROE, MI (WTOL) - Michigan police are discounting a rumor involving the Nevaeh Buchanan murder case.

Monroe County investigators say an expired state of Michigan ID card belonging to George Kennedy, which was discovered this week in a small creek, is not linked to the murder case.

Earlier in the investigation Kennedy was named a person of interest.

Career Criminals: The Dirty Dozen Slideshow
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=10235615

Article:
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=10791464

Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force lists latest report
last modified July 25. 2009 1:28AM
<snipped>
The Nevaeh Buchanan Task Force issued a press release Friday that discusses the number of tips it has received to date and attempts to clear up some rumors that have been talked about in regards to the investigation.

The task force reports it is continuing to follow up on the more than 1,200 tips and resulting leads on the case, in which the 5-year-old Monroe girl went missing May 24 and was found dead June 4.

"Only partial results have been received on the analysis of evidence recovered at the gravesite and submitted to the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory," the notice said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the meantime, the task force reports there is a rumor circulating "in the news community" that a driver's license of George Kennedy was found in the River Raisin. Mr. Kennedy was reported as a person of interest early in the investigation.

However, the story as related in the rumor is not correct.

Here is what the officers are saying: "An expired state of Michigan identification card belonging to George Kennedy was found by a passerby on Wednesday, July 22, in a small creek alongside Telegraph Road near where Kennedy was residing. It does not appear to have any significance to the Buchanan investigation."

Article:
http://www.monroenews.com/article/20090725/NEWS01/707259962/-1/NEVAEH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo