1469 users online (328 members and 1141 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What a dunce.

Don't see what this is about? It would be nice if people could mention what the story is.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    Don't see what this is about? It would be nice if people could mention what the story is.
    I agree. I don't blindly follow links.
    Just my opinion.....
    Finally found a reason for the Ignore feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
    I agree. I don't blindly follow links.
    Thank you Spangle. I don't either.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

I don't want to infringe on the copyright below the article.

The story is about a young man who was posing as a policeman and attempted to "arrest" a real undercover officer. (There's more to the story and the page linked is msnbc.)

I'm glad he got caught. I wonder if this was his first time out or if he's used this method before? So happy he targeted a policeman!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post

The story is about a young man who was posing as a policeman and attempted to "arrest" a real undercover officer. (There's more to the story and the page linked is msnbc.)

I'm glad he got caught. I wonder if this was his first time out or if he's used this method before? So happy he targeted a policeman!
    Using the title or something similar in the title is good idea and you can always quote the lead and maybe another paragraph without infringing on copyright. If you don't, people who have already seen it, then might go to the same story and also it is hard to tell if there are more than one thread on it.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    Using the title or something similar in the title is good idea and you can always quote the lead and maybe another paragraph without infringing on copyright. If you don't, people who have already seen it, then might go to the same story and also it is hard to tell if there are more than one thread on it.
    Thanks WholeLottaRosie, if I post a link, I will remember that. I only added to the opening post with information about the link (I'm not the OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post

Showing part of it or telling about it doesn't infringe. It might help if you understood where the problem came from in the first place. When the internet boards were new, it was very commen to copy and paste the whole story. This ment that folks would not go to the original posting web page and not view the ads placed there.

Another words, they would love it if you infringed enough that it encouraged more folks to go to their web site and see their ads. It's how they pay the bills and the writer gets paid. So it's all cool.
    Just my opinion.....

That is funny. We had something like that in the local news here in florida.

Man Arrested After Pulling Over Off-Duty Deputy

His game was to get folks to pull over so he could pass them. The off duty deputy thought something was fishy, so he wrote down his plates.

I've often wanted to check to see if those cops were on official business when they pull the light stunt. I guess other cops feel the same way.
    Just my opinion.....

Note On last story source -saw news story about Disney play toys being confiscated at airport...read and judge for yourself.......................................... ....

Quote Originally Posted by PFF View Post
    Note On last story source -saw news story about Disney play toys being confiscated at airport...read and judge for yourself.......................................... ....
    I'm glad I read that. I never really put too much thought on what the kids could bring home with us from vacations. Now I know that if we fly, we'd better consider what we let them buy.

now i've seen it all...............
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by PFF View Post
    I have to agree with the airport on this one. The toys should have been in the checked luggage. Not carried on to the plane. Duh!

This is one of those where people do stupid things, then fail to take responsibility for it.
    Just my opinion.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
    I have to agree with the airport on this one. The toys should have been in the checked luggage. Not carried on to the plane. Duh!

This is one of those where people do stupid things, then fail to take responsibility for it.
    Now we only travel with carry-ons. It's good to know what we can or can't take aboard a flight. Sort of OT, we were returning from a trip (pre-9-11) and I told the kids if we had to jam one more thing in the luggage, it would "burst". The officer on duty said... "Would you like to rephrase that, Ma'am?". So, even in '99, they were watching and listening. At the time, I found it humorous (in a WTH? sort of way), today, I understand where it comes from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast