Saw this story today {link only}

Don't see what this is about? It would be nice if people could mention what the story is.

I don't want to infringe on the copyright below the article.

The story is about a young man who was posing as a policeman and attempted to "arrest" a real undercover officer. (There's more to the story and the page linked is msnbc.)

I'm glad he got caught. I wonder if this was his first time out or if he's used this method before? So happy he targeted a policeman!

The story is about a young man who was posing as a policeman and attempted to "arrest" a real undercover officer. (There's more to the story and the page linked is msnbc.)

I'm glad he got caught. I wonder if this was his first time out or if he's used this method before? So happy he targeted a policeman!

Using the title or something similar in the title is good idea and you can always quote the lead and maybe another paragraph without infringing on copyright. If you don't, people who have already seen it, then might go to the same story and also it is hard to tell if there are more than one thread on it.

Using the title or something similar in the title is good idea and you can always quote the lead and maybe another paragraph without infringing on copyright. If you don't, people who have already seen it, then might go to the same story and also it is hard to tell if there are more than one thread on it.

Thanks WholeLottaRosie, if I post a link, I will remember that. I only added to the opening post with information about the link (I'm not the OP). :blowkiss:

Showing part of it or telling about it doesn't infringe. It might help if you understood where the problem came from in the first place. When the internet boards were new, it was very commen to copy and paste the whole story. This ment that folks would not go to the original posting web page and not view the ads placed there.

Another words, they would love it if you infringed enough that it encouraged more folks to go to their web site and see their ads. :) It's how they pay the bills and the writer gets paid. So it's all cool.

That is funny. We had something like that in the local news here in florida.

Man Arrested After Pulling Over Off-Duty Deputy

His game was to get folks to pull over so he could pass them. The off duty deputy thought something was fishy, so he wrote down his plates.

I've often wanted to check to see if those cops were on official business when they pull the light stunt. I guess other cops feel the same way.

Note On last story source -saw news story about Disney play toys being confiscated at airport...read and judge for yourself..............................................

Note On last story source -saw news story about Disney play toys being confiscated at airport...read and judge for yourself..............................................

I'm glad I read that. I never really put too much thought on what the kids could bring home with us from vacations. Now I know that if we fly, we'd better consider what we let them buy.

I have to agree with the airport on this one. The toys should have been in the checked luggage. Not carried on to the plane. Duh!

This is one of those where people do stupid things, then fail to take responsibility for it.

I have to agree with the airport on this one. The toys should have been in the checked luggage. Not carried on to the plane. Duh!

This is one of those where people do stupid things, then fail to take responsibility for it.

Now we only travel with carry-ons. It's good to know what we can or can't take aboard a flight. Sort of OT, we were returning from a trip (pre-9-11) and I told the kids if we had to jam one more thing in the luggage, it would "burst". The officer on duty said... "Would you like to rephrase that, Ma'am?". So, even in '99, they were watching and listening. At the time, I found it humorous (in a WTH? sort of way), today, I understand where it comes from.

Many years ago, I knew a guy who was nicknamed "Metro". He earned the nickname after impersonating our local "Metro Drug Squad". His MO was to bust into the house of a known drug dealer shouting "Metro Drug Squad, everyone down on the floor". Of course, with weapons drawn and identifying themselves as LE, anyone and everyone in the house immediately hit the floor, belly down, with their hands clasped behind their heads. Being drug dealers, they never questioned that this was a real raid by LE. With everyone down, "Metro" and his partners in crime proceeded to empty all pockets of cash and drugs. Next came the search of the house, netting more cash and drugs. For "Metro" this was lucrative on a couple of occasions. The third time he tried to pull it off can be seen as "divine justice". As he and his buddies ran from the house with their cache of cash and drugs, they were met with shouts of "Metro Drug Squad, down on the ground!!" They had picked the wrong drug dealer to raid as this one was the subject of an ongoing investigation by the real "Metro Drug Squad". A subsequent search of the house and occupants netted no drugs or drug money. "Metro" and his cohorts were the only ones charged and convicted as they had all the evidence. The dealer and his residence were clean. What started out to be a bad night for the dealer ended up a lucky break. True story. To this day "Metro" is better known by his nickname than by his real name. I haven't thought about him for a long time until I read the story in the link. Very similar set of circumstances.

Marina2, the story of Metro is pretty cool. It stinks that the other drug dealer got away from charges, but I bet he's thankful that Metro decided to rob him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back