GUILTY NJ - Alexis Cohen, 25, killed in hit & run, Seaside Heights, 25 July 2009

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
A New Jersey web site is reporting an Allentown woman who made a name for herself on American Idol is dead. According to app.com, Alexis Cohen was found dead around 4:00 Saturday morning in Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

http://wfmz.com/view/?id=1235979&title=Former%20American%20Idol%20Contestant%20From%20Allentown%20Found%20Dead%20In%20NJ

Former American Idol contestant Alexis Cohen, famous for her defiance of the show's judges, was killed in the early morning Saturday in Seaside Heights after being hit by a car, police said.
Cohen, 25, was found lying unconscious on Dupont Avenue at about 4 a.m., said Deputy Police Chief Michael Mohel of the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.
Autopsy reports show her death was caused by injuries to the head, abdomen and chest, he said. Her death has been listed as vehicular homicide.
"Everything is under investigation. Nobody is in custody," he said.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/former_american_idol_contestan.html

OMG, is this the girl that always gave the finger and cursed a lot? I thought she was pretty good and did sound a lot like Joplin. My prayers to her family.

I thought she was a better singer than they gave her credit for. Actually, I liked her individualism. However, she lost me with the finger throwing and the profanities...very unprofessional.

Rest in peace Alexis.

I caught her first audition on youtube and thought she was hilarious. I admired her refusal to give up and her determination to be a success. She was enrolled in school in hopes of becoming a vet. She and her mom lived in a studio apartment in a ramshackle house in a ghetto section of Allentown, PA. This girl had definitely gone to the school of hard knocks but she had a resilient spirit and a lot of guts. I read that her brief appearance on AI gave her a kind of notoriety that led to some TV and radio appearances and a performance in Times Square (I think that's where it was). She did have that Joplinesque whiskey-and-cigarettes voice, although I agree that she wasn't star material.

I hope her killer is identified and prosecuted to the fullest. The world needs more folks like Alexis who march to their own beat and refuse to give up!

New Jersey man charged in Alexis Cohen death

SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man on charges stemming from an accident that claimed the life of an "American Idol" contestant from Allentown at the New Jersey shore on Saturday.

Daniel Bark is charged with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident. The 23-year-old is from Toms River.

(snipped)

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-cohen-arrest-072709-cn,0,1683310.story

I'm glad he was arrested, but hope the charges are soon upgraded. That's pretty mild considering that she is dead.

I too thought she lacked professionalism when she did not get through the audition. She seemed to be a bit off.

I'm sure the charges will be upgraded soon.

May she RIP and blessings to her family. Very sad..

Goz

Yeah, she was a bit off, I agree, but I liked her spunk and thefact that she wasn't a cookie-cutter type. Definitely not AI material though. At first they suggested she start a 60s cover band and I think that would've been a good fit for her. A tragic loss of life for sure. RIP, Alexis!

I really see no need to judge the poor girl, she is dead after all. :(

No one walked a mile in her shoes and whether or not you agree with how she handled herself is a mute point.
The story is that she was hit about 300 feet from her car and from safety and left to die in the road. She could've lived if the coward would've called 911.

That's the person with the real problem.

How could you leave someone to die on the road? Just awful.

My prayers are with her mom. I hope she is able to find some peace, but know that with death in the family, you never get over it.

RIP, Alexis.

From November 2011:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...d-death-american-idol-tryout-article-1.983977

Daniel Bark, of Toms River, accepted a plea deal and confessed to consuming about six beers at the Bamboo nightclub in Seaside Heights on July 25, 2009, before getting into his car and driving home...

Bark spent 20 months in jail before he was able to post bail in March. He will be sentenced to 364 days in the Ocean County Jail on Jan. 27 and probation but will face no additional time behind bars because of the time he already served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back